Griese struggling to hold #2 spot in Tampa Bay? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese struggling to hold #2 spot in Tampa Bay?

hunter5nc1 said:
You guys are something. We are stuck with Jay and AJ. Simms will be and BG already is better than what we got. How can any of us complain when all we have to do is look at what's been holding this team back the last few years! OUR QB's! And don't even say well we had BG. Because he didn't even really get a shot.

When Griese was in Denver, and made the pro bowl, he was possibly playing with the best skill postion plyers and O-lines in the NFL at the time. I'd take Jay Fiedler over Griese on any day of the week. At least Fiedler has a heart and desire to play football. He not a spoiled ex QB's bratty son.

I'd take BG over Fiedler any day...IMHO...but I'd take a chance of Feeley over both...I just think he will shine once the spotlight comes on...

It's amazing that as most of us watch AJ Feeley learn an offense and cut him some slack during the learning curve.

This is Brian Griese's third offense in three years. I'm not saying that to totally excuse him from his performance but .........Wow :rolleyes:

hunter5nc1 said:
You guys are something. We are stuck with Jay and AJ. Simms will be and BG already is better than what we got. How can any of us complain when all we have to do is look at what's been holding this team back the last few years! OUR QB's! And don't even say well we had BG. Because he didn't even really get a shot.

Griese got a shot. He played 4 games, and he was awful.

What was this message board like after the Monday Night Chargers game? Let me guess, it was something like this....."Brian Griese will save the season," "Super Bowl for sure," "I can't believe no one else took this guy." I wasn't on here last year so correct me if that was wrong.

I don't think I will get consumed about positon battles until real training camp starts.

It's good to see that Brian is popular with Fin fans!!!?? Wow, what a rip job. Washed up drunk etc. Holy Moly, funny stuff. Yea, he sucked here, one good game against Diego and that was it. Were a better team without him. No fire, no charisma, not my kind of guy at all. He's a far cry from his dad Bob, who was very bright, excelled in play-action and was very accurate. That's why he's in Canton and baby Brian won't ever be. Nuff said!

MDFINFAN said:
Humm..ahh didn't his father win a superbowl?????? :confused:

Were you alive to watch that Superbowl? Everone knows the Giants defense was a monster. Remember Lawrence Taylor? Without that defense i doubt Simms would have done much as he played bad for other teams. I cna't believe he is even considered to the hall of fame.

People still defending Griese?LOL.....

The guy is not the same QB.I question his desire to play the game and the only reason he still in the league is to collect pay checks.

juniorseau55 said:
Were you alive to watch that Superbowl? Everone knows the Giants defense was a monster. Remember Lawrence Taylor? Without that defense i doubt Simms would have done much as he played bad for other teams. I cna't believe he is even considered to the hall of fame.
Phil Simms, N.Y. Giants vs. Denver, XXI (22-25...88%)

Highest EVER completion percentage.

That's without the defense.

jbond said:
maybe Griese and Lucas can get together and have a BBQ.....

Where are all the BG lovers?
where is lucas anyway?

DrAstroZoom said:

Doesn't surprise me. From what Gruden's had to say, Simms is pretty much the future of Tampa's franchise. I'm not a huge Charles Lee fan, although I think he'll make a fine #2/#3 WR, but Simms should have himself a hell of a target in Mike Clayton down the line.

I wanted Simms, Lloyd, or Gage in the 3rd round of the 2003 draft where we took Taylor Whittley.

Griese is just bashed a lot for no reason. The injuries in the off-season tripping over his dog etc is just ridiculous. You can't judge a player on the term he played for the team. Specialy when we had a lot of question marks in just about 50 percent of our positions in offense.

inFINSible said:
Phil Simms, N.Y. Giants vs. Denver, XXI (22-25...88%)

Highest EVER completion percentage.

That's without the defense.

Did you know that many quarterbacks that aren't even talked about own such stats. Don't tell me Simms was one of the best of all time, you are joking me. I watched him all of his career and the Super Bowls that he played in, why don't you think that he hasn't made the hall of fame? First of all, why is he even been consider into the Hall Of Fame where Legends such as Fran Tarkenton, Montana, Unitas, Marino(next year), can't even put him in that list. Might as well bring Broadway joe in.

Back
Top Bottom