Gruden on Tannehill & thoughts on Philbin from Gannon/Sharpe | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gruden on Tannehill & thoughts on Philbin from Gannon/Sharpe

Why is everyone so stuck on how non-mouthy Philbin is? A previous poster said it best, when you just yell and scream all the time the affect is diminished. Philbin doesn't do it through his mouth, he does it in action. He tells you what needs to be done calmly, and if you don't do it he shows the others that he means business when he talks and puts you to the street. That to me will speak volumes to the other players more than screaming all the time. You better listen or you're getting a ride out of the building.........for good!!

I like it better than a coach that is showing how loud and abrasive he can be. Walk softly and carry a big stick.

I think that Philbin looks a lot more comfortable each week in controlling the team and taking to players. He is new at this and is growing just like everyone else. I like him more and more every day! I know we are up in the air at wr but i really believe we are going to be alright as a team.

although i DESPISE shannon sharpe, he was never a locker room cancer and was a consumate pro who still had game when he retired.

he was a mouth, but a mouth that could back it up, a mouth at opposing teams and players, not coaches and his team mates and media like homey the clown. sharpe has more talent in his left nut than homey the clown had in his whole body!

of course ozzy was staraight forward and easy with him. sharpe was great team mate and a pro's pro. he was respected and a mature player.

homey the clown was a polar opposite. more mouth than game. always taunting coaches and the comisioner. always the big clown getting attention for himself and was ANYTHING but a consumate pro. he was a good wr for about his first three years but he stunted his own growth by thinking he had arrived, was a hall of famer and there was no more to learn. more time in strip club than in the film room.

sharpe hadnt been run off from two teams in two years when he came to the ravens. homey the clown was. and the coaches told him he was there because they were somewhat desperate for a wr and he had a VERY short leash. 3 strikes is what they told him and it didnt matter what those strikes were. he was told, but as usual, didnt get it. ignored it. took advantage of the finz need and thought he would own the joint and they would never cut him. he found out real quick how serious philbin is about winning and having players with winning attitudes and team FIRST attitudes.

sharpe didnt have those issues.

it was nothing personal. and i thought philbin did a great job of letting him know that and they were just not a fit. htc sealed that deal when he blew philbin off when he took him to task over the profane interview he gave on PUBLIC RADIO!! said, oh well, thats just me being me and left coach standing.

htc is not a new rookie, a promising guy who was popular right away with the team and made an infraction and got tossed. i could see some backlash. htc is a 10 year vet that had pulling this crap for years, run from two other teams and was told, straight up that his previous antics wouldnt be tolerated. no coach was going to help him. no super player leadership group was going to turn htc around. he had players and coaches on the bengals and patriots [who are full of REAL leaders] who couldnt get to him so jake and bush and carlos dumsby were going to save him? really?

see anyone from the bengals or pats bashing there coaches for not keeping htc? nope! they were all glad he was gone.

now i am going to go watch that episode on hard knocks for the 3rd time today, to watch htc get the boot. i LOVE that. i love the look on htc's face when he gets the boot. i can watch it a thousand times. i just wished they could have filmed him bawling, which you know he did as he was holding it back during his exit interview. that would have been the icing.

we needed a wr in the worst way, but i never wanted homey the clown here anyways, not for anything! he is the DIVA poster boy. all he did when he got in the games here was drop everything thrown at him. and he was the answer?

buh-by!!

buh bye!! homey the clown isnt a champion and never will be. philbin is building a winner here.

"afraid chad might do something to him"? i doubt that. i think i read somwhere that philbin is a life long marshall artist and if thats so, he would have had homey the clown bobbing for jock straps in the cold tub!!

Back
Top Bottom