Guess who's 2nd only to Brian Hartline in recieving yards so far... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess who's 2nd only to Brian Hartline in recieving yards so far...

Your right, if we had TO this season at least on the field I would expect him to be better for a rookie like Tannehill. And I don't like TO.

listen, i understand where you're coming from with the notion that we are better off without BM and vontae... and there are a number of justifiable reasons that although I may not totally agree with, I can at least understand and find them valid reasons.
What I don't agree with at all is that this team is more or less committed this year versus last year BECAUSE of BM and/or Vontae. These guys come in day in and day out and work, and neither of those two showed anything Randy Moss' giving up esque in regards to quitting, giving up, or not playing...

Marshall is exactly where and with whom he wanted to be. He'd have been toxic to the psyche and confidence of a young fledgling QB. I don't doubt that Ireland did the best thing for RT17 only that he got too little for him and didn't trade him for a 2nd and an up and coming promising WR.

You're clearly very biased against Marshall. What evidence do you have of Marshall being unwilling to play for a rookie QB? The only QBs he's played with are Cutler, Henne, and Moore...none of which were rookies, so you have no real evidence to back your claim.

I didn't say he wouldn't play for a rookie; I don't know or care how he felt in regards to staying at Miami, im saying he would be bad for a rookies development. This season is for rallying around Tannehill not for his teammates to berate him every other play. Franky I don't really need to argue my point, Marhsall is a great player but the Dolphins management said that is the Bears hadn't traded for him then they were prepared to cut him, that says everything.

Yup, you guessed it...it's Brandon Marshall w/ 496 yards and 3 TDs.

Am I the only wondering how good this team could be with Marsh AND Vontae still on the squad (two guys we basically gave away)?

You should be, but I expect their are others. Players are improving under this coaching staff at a crisp rate. Both Vontae and Marshall would have prevented that. I trust Philbin to know he can work with and who needs to go.

v/d makes this better and as far as him being a clt he dont know there system if we had v/davis this def wouldn"t be 30 against the pass and would be 4-1

Yup, you guessed it...it's Brandon Marshall w/ 496 yards and 3 TDs.

Am I the only wondering how good this team could be with Marsh AND Vontae still on the squad (two guys we basically gave away)?

Basically gave away? Are you insane? If the situation were reversed I can guarantee posters like you would not be saying "well we gave away nothing for X, we only gave up a 2nd"

What planet is a 2nd round pick or 2 3rds "basically nothing"?

Stop making threads about Brandon Marshall or Vontae Davis. They aren't on the Miami Dolphins anymore. Davis is doing awful in Indy, but you seem to think that he'd magically be a pro bowler if he was back on Miami.

Brandon has something wrong in the head. We should be thankkful we're not dealing with his dropped balls and off the field issues. Vontae, though I really liked the kid, is being outplayed by Nolan Carroll. We now have an extra 2nd and an extra 3rd round draft pick for next year. I'd say Ireland won that big time.

Vonte Davis was salvage just IMO and had pro bowl potential. Come on a kid calling for his Grandma when he got traded is not some primo doña player who cannot be reached just immature. Now Marshal is another type of player that takes very strong personalities to handle his behavior. Year before last 2010 Marshall first year here last game of the season his antics basically threw Henne and Tony Sporano under the bus the way he acted against the Pats demanding Thigpin play QB. Don't think Ross and Ireland did not see that and hit the airport to hire away Jim H from the 49ers. Sure Ireland trade For Brandon M but do you really believe that decision was made in a vacuum? Tony S highly miscalculated his ability to keep a leash on Brandon Marshall. Ireland probably could not get on the phone quick enough to find a trade for the guy once Tony S got his extra chance last year. You can bet that Philbin caught wind of that mess before became on board and was probably was one of the conditions he laid down before taking the job is that Brandon Marshall did not belong on this team. I would really like to know the decision makers on the VD trade though it they were other than Ireland?

Basically gave away? Are you insane? If the situation were reversed I can guarantee posters like you would not be saying "well we gave away nothing for X, we only gave up a 2nd"

What planet is a 2nd round pick or 2 3rds "basically nothing"?

Stop making threads about Brandon Marshall or Vontae Davis. They aren't on the Miami Dolphins anymore. Davis is doing awful in Indy, but you seem to think that he'd magically be a pro bowler if he was back on Miami.

I agree completely. All I hear is (2) 3rds, a 2nd, and a conditional 6th is nothing as far as draft picks are concerned. It is debatable whether Marhsall would have been a pain in the ass for Tannehill, and for the record I think he would have been. Also it is debatable whether V. Davis would have finally turned into a probowler, but again I think we would have continued to see the same from him. I know when next years draft comes Ill be excited to see the extra picks.

Back
Top Bottom