Guns n Butter | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guns n Butter

2f07s79_medium.gif

Ummm .. ok, so I realize this is not what you meant ... buuuuuuuut .....

Wake - sniper rifle with laser sight
Jones - glock
Suh - bazooka
Ajayi - RPG launcher
Tannehill - smith & wesson
Landry - walther ppk (because he's smooth as James Bond)
Grant - .22 special

.... or something.

Hookers n Blow

Tom n Jerry

Spaghetti n Meatballs

Peanut Butter n Jelly

Abbott n Costello

Black Beans n Rice

Martin n Lewis

Batman n Robin

Liz n Dick

Aaron n Mays

Shula n Marino

Simon n Garfunkel

Meat n Potatoes

Black n White

Pus n Boots

Steak n Eggs

Will this work with just about any of these? Do a write up on each and get back to me ASAP!

In case anyone is interested, the debate in Germany around 1936 was one of political economy - Waffen gegen Butter translated - Guns versus Butter, i.e. Defense expenditure (guns) versus Agriculture to better feed the people (butter). Hitler had put the money into guns as his priority as his economy was coming out of Depression and his spokesman, Dr Goebbels used the guns versus butter example to justify the priority taken.
From this translated analogy, many years later economists then developed a model to try to evaluate the impact of stark economic choices (the production possibilities frontier curve) and this model was simplistically called the Guns versus Butter model. The OP's reference to stocks, bonds and art, etc is a little bizarre compared to what the macroeconomic model is actually about (but I guess the Dolphins have stark Defensive and Offensive expenditure choices) and it's very sad and dark historic reference predating WWII.
The Guns vs Butter analogy may have been a bit more apt when Dallas Thomas was on the team - Guns (Cam Wake has great big guns) and sadly Dallas supplied us with plenty of whipped creamy butter.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...e:Production_Possibilities_Frontier_Curve.svg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you guys rarely, if ever, dabble in hypotheticals or far-fetchery
but the anonymous idiots got me to thinking
I know - -> run for the millers

i'm sure you're familiar with the header

BUTTER = cars, clothes, jewelry, etc., things that depreciate after you buy it

GUNS = stocks, bonds, real estate, art work, etc., things that appreciate in value

obviously, they believe we were more butter than guns last year and while they do make a couple of points - we lost to some dogs and beat a few too - but smoke and mirrors would more describe my poker game than anything related to last years team , , , so I looked for a way to dispel this notion going forward , , , and a way to track it like the dow jones or s&p . . . . .

it took a minute - not sure it was worth it - but it works, hypothetically

given 100m to invest in at least 75% of the current roster - 40/53
what would these guys actually look like as appreciable assets
and could they make you any money (exceed 2016 prod.)

here's the portfolio, have some music with your brew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg&list=RDQMTBA0Zo6ExUM&index=3

PHINS on WALL STREET

ART

suh ........ 11m ........ most prized possession - lone masterpiece though ............... 70t / 8tfl / 5sax
reshad .... 7.5 ......... out-the-shop, fully-restored & back on the wall .................... 90t / 8pd / 5pix
ajayi ....... 5.5 ..........hand-chiseled heisman sculpture - front lobby ..................... 1200y / 85ypg / 8td
tunsil ...... 4.5 ......... triple-exposure . . . . borderline masterpiece ........................ 16 starts / zero sax
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/msAyEUXnMGY/maxresdefault.jpg

REAL ESTATE

landry ..... 4.5 .......... potential foreclosure - 4td @ 12 per not worth it ................. 95rec / 1100y / 4td
maxwell .. 3m .......... rental property - dumpable without a re-fi ........................... 55t / 2pix / 15pd
juliusT .... 2.5 .......... flip restructured - planted some orange trees outback .......... 45rec / 455y / 5td
hayes ..... 2m .......... turnkey, and unpack - no maintenance required ................... 45t / 5tfl / 2sax
carroo .... 1.5 .......... landry insurance . . . . could boom with relocation ................. any roi = $$$

CORP. BONDS

wake ...... 5m .......... phin4life . . . going from the wall to the hall ........................ 30t / 2tfl / 11sax
kiko ........ 4.5 .......... plays hard & injured - paid off handsomely ......................... 115t / 6tfl / 2sax
timmons . 4m .......... solid p/u - invaluable leadership and know-how ................... 95t / 4tfl / 3sax

JUNK BONDS

pouncey .. 1m ........... more like damaged art in need of a facelift ........................ 6 starts - cash out
t j mac .... 750k ......... could pay off huge second half of the season .................... 8 starts - no relapse
misi ........ 250k .......... dion's replacement , , , throw-away dough ....................... any return is cool

COMMODITIES​

moore ...... 2m ................... saved the season - - worth weight in gold
darr ......... 1m ................... pure silver bullets and platinum pinbacks
denney .... 500k ................. long snap silver . . . . . . sure as money

MUTUAL FUNDS

750k - bushrod, urbik, young, larsen and steen
750k - aikens, thomas, hull, lacey and hewitt

STOCKS

tannehill .. 9m ........... crazy volatility - but calming under gase .......................... 3800y / 20td / 12pix
parker ..... 5m ........... huge wall potential - - poetry in slow-motion ................... 56rec / 750y / 4td
branch .... 4.5 ........... shareholders hotter than fish grease - i'm goin in ............. 50t / 7tfl / 5sax
stills ........ 4m ........... back-to-back career years unlikely, but doable ................ 42rec / 725y / 9td

xavior ...... 3.5 ........... frame being designed - - coming to wall soon ................. 50t / 3pix / 9pd
phillips ..... 2m ........... floor-tile stock - should be through the roof .................... 25t / 6tfl / 2sax
james ...... 2m ........... coached up - stock soared at year's end ......................... 16 starts / 2sax
drake ....... 1.5 ........... rook paid off big - - 2 less td than landry ....................... 300y total / 4td
allen ........ 1.5 ........... huge pickup . . . ballhawking middle-fielder .................... 25t / 2pix / 3pd

damien .... 1m ........... solid, exceeds expectations - match any offer ................. 350y total / 6td
mccain ..... 1m ........... boom or bobblehead - thru pounding the table ............... 45t / 2pix / 6pd
lippett ...... 1m ........... 5th round - position change - surprise of the year ........... 65t / 4pix / 10pd

jakeem .... 500k ......... could boom - joystick potential w/better handles ............ 300y total / 2td
fasano ..... 500k ......... buy-back . . . . initial seller should be dropped .............. #1 blocker @ pos.

FUTURES

harris
wake understudy , , , couldn't ask for a better mentor

raekwon
native buckeye like myself . . . . . this more than makes up for missing out on shazier
. . . . our last osu lb - rowland tatum - was a former hs classmate of mine
inglewood morningside (across from the new rams stadium)

tank
hope he gets better treatment than xavior got last year - won't take much

asiata
the longer he sat the more it seemed he was destined to be ours

godchaux
if this doesn't light the fire under phillips

taylor
. . . . . hopefully this will

ford
ok, what's really going on . . . this is too good

I know , , , I know

but that's what retirement does to you