Guys look at what we still have... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guys look at what we still have...

bahamathug

Da_Realest_Dolfan
Reaction score
All dolphin faithfull if u haven't noticed recently that during this whole ricky retiring fiasco that though there were many who said that we were dead meat and a 4-12 team, there were still many ,especially in our own division who are still sure that we will be a threat in the AFC East. Look at our weapons were loaded if u think about it. Our defense is still all-pro caliber at every position and if we sign Ogunleye that should really anchor them. Those veterans on Defense such as JT,Junior,Pat, and Knight are extremely hungry and i think this whole situation will make them even hungrier to win. tHEY WILL PLAY AS A UNIT, THEY'LL HIT HARDER, and there total focus will be on takin off the heads of the opposin team and allowing no points yeah i said it none!!!. Our offense can be either really bad or really good. We have a young qb in alot of upside in AJ Feeley who could be the next Brady or Delhomme if given the oppurtunity to play, then we have a hungry back in minor who wants to prove to the world that he can replace Ricky in our backfield. The guy is finesse we have been wanting some finesse in our offense for a while and this is our chance. We have the great Wide Receiver combo in Boston and Chambers and if everything falls into place they can be explosive and the best tandem the NFL has seen in a while. We have Randy who is ready for a pro bowl year and a bunch of other pieces on offense who think its now their turn to shine for example Konrad and Derrius Thompson. With Seth McKinney makin the comments he made our o-line should really come together and i feel they'll probably become the strongest unit on the team this season. ( Thers no lack of talent on this squad.)Training camp will decide our fate, if our team merges as a unit during camp we will be awesome this year, thats a guarantee.One man never made a team thats y i feel that losin Ricky was probably best for us because were probably gonna go into this season ready to pound Ricky and again leave the season havin a mediocre to near horrible offense. Look at A-Rod and the Texas Rangers the one giant star left now there are alot of young players in Texas becoming the future of Major League Baseball. All real fin fans know we could have the Cardinals squad and somehow we'll find a way to win games. The expert opinion is never really a safe one to follow when it comes to who plays in January cause u neva know. Its really desire and determination to win as a team that gets teams to the Bowl not a large numbers of stars. Yeh they win games and sell tickets but whenever an individual becomes greater than the team the team fades away. Who would of thought Brady would have 2 rings in three seasons surely not me, or the Ravens with a great D alone would have won the Bowl. Fin fans f#%ck the experts follow our tradition of winning and follow your heart. No way were 4-12.

AMEN BROTHA.

I love Minor, and I love the talent on this team. My only concern is that the coaches, QB, and everyone gets on the same page. We'll have training camp to do it, and it needs to get done.

You are correct, we are still a contender.

As u can c there are still some real dolphin fans out there who have plenty of faith in there team!!!!!!!!!!

I nominate this as Post of the Year. Hopefully this post will come back up once we make the playoffs as a top seed. (Yes, I said TOP SEED.) Go away now. :D

Yes, nice post. This Ricky Debaclke was a shock and after a few days of cathartic posting I am feeling better. This team has a lot of talent left. It will be nice to not have the pressure and expectations that usually surrond our team at this time.

11-5 the year before Ricky, 11-5 the year after ricky. We're better off than people give us credit for.

I agree ther is still a ton of talent on this team and the interviews I have seen and heard from the players they are ready to go. They believe in the players on this team and so do I. They believe in the coaches and so do I. They know the gameplans and what the coaches are trying to accomplish more than we do so yes I don't believe anything has changed. Yes I will miss seeing Ricky in the backfield but I am excited to see these other guys get the chance they deserve. This team will pull together and be the Panthers of last year.

:D It's starting to feel that I'm NOT alone anymore her. :) Things were so negative, I had to find anything that was positive. This post says it all, and rightfully so. I don't have a problem with the naysayers, but screw them anyway. They are entitled to their respective opinions, even if I think their opinions suck. I guess without them, there wouldn't be anyone to disagree with, so it's all good. :tongue:

Great Post.

Like I said in previous posts...we still have a solid D. I think our O-Line is better than last seasons and will continue to get better as the season rolls on. Hopefully, Our QB (Feeley) will get in a nice rythm and develop a flow with our WR. With all this bad publicity this offseason...I bet that these players can't wait to get on the field and play football...which IMO will be a good cure in forgetting these "misfortunes."

Go Fins!!!

bahamathug said:
All dolphin faithfull if u haven't noticed recently that during this whole ricky retiring fiasco that though there were many who said that we were dead meat and a 4-12 team, there were still many ,especially in our own division who are still sure that we will be a threat in the AFC East. Look at our weapons were loaded if u think about it. Our defense is still all-pro caliber at every position and if we sign Ogunleye that should really anchor them. Those veterans on Defense such as JT,Junior,Pat, and Knight are extremely hungry and i think this whole situation will make them even hungrier to win. tHEY WILL PLAY AS A UNIT, THEY'LL HIT HARDER, and there total focus will be on takin off the heads of the opposin team and allowing no points yeah i said it none!!!. Our offense can be either really bad or really good. We have a young qb in alot of upside in AJ Feeley who could be the next Brady or Delhomme if given the oppurtunity to play, then we have a hungry back in minor who wants to prove to the world that he can replace Ricky in our backfield. The guy is finesse we have been wanting some finesse in our offense for a while and this is our chance. We have the great Wide Receiver combo in Boston and Chambers and if everything falls into place they can be explosive and the best tandem the NFL has seen in a while. We have Randy who is ready for a pro bowl year and a bunch of other pieces on offense who think its now their turn to shine for example Konrad and Derrius Thompson. With Seth McKinney makin the comments he made our o-line should really come together and i feel they'll probably become the strongest unit on the team this season. ( Thers no lack of talent on this squad.)Training camp will decide our fate, if our team merges as a unit during camp we will be awesome this year, thats a guarantee.One man never made a team thats y i feel that losin Ricky was probably best for us because were probably gonna go into this season ready to pound Ricky and again leave the season havin a mediocre to near horrible offense. Look at A-Rod and the Texas Rangers the one giant star left now there are alot of young players in Texas becoming the future of Major League Baseball. All real fin fans know we could have the Cardinals squad and somehow we'll find a way to win games. The expert opinion is never really a safe one to follow when it comes to who plays in January cause u neva know. Its really desire and determination to win as a team that gets teams to the Bowl not a large numbers of stars. Yeh they win games and sell tickets but whenever an individual becomes greater than the team the team fades away. Who would of thought Brady would have 2 rings in three seasons surely not me, or the Ravens with a great D alone would have won the Bowl. Fin fans f#%ck the experts follow our tradition of winning and follow your heart. No way were 4-12.
Good post! I agree well b a threat like always! But there are three things i dont agree with.
1) Saying our O-Line will be our strongest unit is just plain wrong. Our D-Line, LB's,DB's, WR's,TE's, will all most likeley be stronger. If not all, atleast one of them.
2) Saying one man has NEVER made a team is wrong. U honestly think the Falcons were just tht much worse of a team? the Falcons clearly cant survive without Mike Vick.
3) I understand the thought of why were better off without Ricky, but i guess we just disagree. If the Cardnials would of offered us a 1st round pick for Ricky 2 months ago, what would everone of said?...my guess is something like "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA." And now were getting nothing. You guys act as tho we sould of cut him after the year. So why all of a sudden did we change our views so much? I say its cuz were just trying to b optomistic, and make the best of the situation.

Anyone who took this post wrong dont. If u think im pessimistic and think well do poor, ur wrong. I expect something along the lines of 9-10 wins, and a good shot at the playoffs. Im just tring to post some views. Kind of being a Devils Advocate you could say. I have a decent amount of faith in our RB situation.
GO DOLPHINS!!

I lost alotta Benjamins $$$ relyin on da experts opiinion now i'm a smarter fan and i know football. The experts are just sideline fans like we are they don't strap on any pads they probably did one time ago but us as fans probaly did too so what really makes them experts on a sport we all love the same. I love my fins and were gonna make da playoffs!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!! Still A Bunch Of Smart Fans Out There........THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!

i devoted my sig to this very point, this team still has a lot of talent, and where did ricky get us? nowhere! lamar smith and marc higgs got us farther than ricky ever did. hopefully this will make for more imaginative play calling, and with a stout defense, we'll be fine.

DolphinDevil28 said:
AMEN BROTHA.

I love Minor, and I love the talent on this team. My only concern is that the coaches, QB, and everyone gets on the same page. We'll have training camp to do it, and it needs to get done.

You are correct, we are still a contender.

that's a tall order. wanny and fiedler have a better shot at getting married in mississippi than getting this team to the super bowl.

Back
Top Bottom