Harrington Speaks: "I look forward to joining the Miami Dolphins" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harrington Speaks: "I look forward to joining the Miami Dolphins"

JoeRobStad4ever said:
yep, if Joey is firm on going to Miami, and it sure sounds he is, than he's coming. and the beauty of his statement of wanting only miami is that millen's ability for trade value just went down the drain. I mean if we are the only trade partner now, in actuality the only reason we are trading any of our picks is to be able to get Joey now and not have to wait until he's cut in June. so basically, since Joey and the dolphins hold all the cards, it's really up to nick to determine what's he willing to give up to get joey into camp early, and since he could just wait and give nothing, i'm thinking a 7th rounder could even be a possibility. the longer millen holds out, the less value he'll be getting as it gets closer to when joey will be cut and go to miami for nothing.

exactly, im loving this situation. I like how joey is just taking it into his own hands. He sees that millen is an idiot, so he will just take the matters into his own hands. speed everything up

yo, that is good news.
he's a league vet.. almost for free, and will play well, becuz he has no expectations on him...well, no #3 overall pick expectations...

as long as daunte is heathy....hmmm

ESPNews just reported this and they said that the deal is a 3 year one, but it's mostly just a two year because he will make alot of money in the final year of the contract.

We hold all the cards actually. We have a player who admittingly wants to play for us. We have a team who doesn't want the player who also has a horrible front office. And the player is due a huge bonus June 1st. It is their best interest to get rid of Harrington so the Lions demands don't mean anything right now.

NJL52 said:
We hold all the cards actually. We have a player who admittingly wants to play for us. We have a team who doesn't want the player who also has a horrible front office. And the player is due a huge bonus June 1st. It is their best interest to get rid of Harrington so the Lions demands don't mean anything right now.

yes, it is the Lions best interest to get rid of Harrington but they could be jerks and wait until May 31st. a 7th round pick could be enough to get him here now so that he can start learning the offense. and that is the only card the Lions are holding. If i were saban i'd take that 6th round offer right off the table.

I love that Joey isn't even going to visit anyone else now!

One big plus if we get Harrington is we won't have to draft a QB.....we will have Harrington, Lemon, and Brock Berlin to back up DC...another nice move by Saban.

"Harrington, who has been given permission to shop for a trade, told the Lions on Wednesday he wants to go the Dolphins and is firm about the decision. Because he is due a $4 million bonus in June, Harrington has some control over his future because no team wants to pick up his current contract. After working out a two-year agreement with the Dolphins more than a week ago, Harrington asked Millen to release him or make a trade with the Dolphins so he can move on with his career. "

Check mate Mr. Millen. We get him for a 6th next year, or we get him later for nuttin' when you cut him.

Can't wait to get him. Hopefully a change in scenery will help him hit his potential. I'll be very impressed if Saban can bring in both Culpepper and Harrington for a 2nd this year and next years 6th.

We should offer them a conditional 6th rounder in 2007. If Harrington hits, I don't know, 2,500 yards or so then it goes to a 5th. BUT NO MORE!

after we got culpepper i got rid of my harrington to miami sig....dammit

Back
Top Bottom