Harrington Speaks: "I look forward to joining the Miami Dolphins" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harrington Speaks: "I look forward to joining the Miami Dolphins"

I like Joey a lot more today than yesterday. He's showing a little muscle and he's showing that he really wants to be a Dolphin. Excellent!

Who would've thought that we'd have Culpepper as our starter and Harrington as our #2 QB? This time last year ... well, nevermind. Let's not spoil the fun.

"Hey Matt, you know that 07 6th we offered?" It's now a 06 7th & is good till friday. Nick

Phinstrodamus said:
Nick Saban is straight robbing catz this offseason, first the Viks now the Lions! Love it!

:sidelol:

Phinstrodamus, can I permission to have this quote as part of my signature?

CrunchTime said:
The good news is that we dont give up a pick for him.

The bad news is that we cant trade him.

There is no way in hell a team can pay a contract for a player that is technically on another team. That must be an error...

Slappy8800 said:
after we got culpepper i got rid of my harrington to miami sig....dammit

woo hoo found it!

clear.gif

Ross said:
Millin can still trade him to another team if he gets a better offer can't he? Eveb against harringtons wishes?

Sure, and that team will have to honor Harringtons existing contract because he would be under no obligation to restructure it. I believe that means the new team would have to start by writing him a check for $4,000,000 in June.

aka...Ain't gonna happen.

quote=newlownorder]He seems pretty confident that he's going to Miami. I would pull the trigger for a 2007 6th round draft pick.[/quote]

y would we even give him a 6?? we have all the leverage, millen has no options but to take our deal.

I say we give him our lowest 7th rd pick and a one way ticket out of detroit

millen is such a hard head.... :rickybrow

The Dolphins will be smart to cut the deal by the start of the draft. An awful lot can happen between the draft and 1 June, and if another team can come up with a better deal, and one that Joey likes we could lose out entirely.

Jaj said:
There is no way in hell a team can pay a contract for a player that is technically on another team. That must be an error...

In soccer its common to loan out players but I have not heard of it in the NFL.

I think what it really says that Harrington wont be retained but that they expect to get something for the rights which could be the pick that the Dolphins offered.The phrase is poorly written

Wait are we trading next years pick or this years? cause if we are trading next year imagine what we can do with that 3rd round draft pick now that we got joey

A.C. said:
Wait are we trading next years pick or this years? cause if we are trading next year imagine what we can do with that 3rd round draft pick now that we got joey
The offer being reported is a 6th round pick in 2007.

Back
Top Bottom