Harris getting his call with bigfoot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harris getting his call with bigfoot

flippersrevenge

Active Roster
Reaction score
thought it was funny..

13733895_G.jpg

So I guess we'll get more of his jerky commercials "messin' with Sasquatch" which it seems to be.

Truly, I think this is a good pick. Not my first choice, but the kid has a lot of good points:

Good:
1. Great 1st step
2. Gets low very well
3. Strong hands and arms to finish
4. Exceptional spin move ala Freeney
5. Extremely effective shooting the on stunts/twists generating A-gap pressure
6. Nicknamed "Black Ice" because by the time you see him ... its too late. IMHO, this is in part because he uses his blockers as cover to hide behind and comes out of his separation with a very explosive first step and direct line to the QB making his pass rushes very effective and his hits sudden.
7. Can keep his speed while turning without getting looped wide
8. Can probably play SAM if we switch to a 34 scheme, and profiles as an effective player dropping into coverage in a zone blitz

Bad:
1. Poor run defense ... but the same goes for Branch and Wake honestly.
2. Unclear whether he "loves football" so monitor this one closely.
3. Takes plays off. Motor runs hot and cold. Gives up. Call it what you want, but his motor is no Cam Wake, but hopefully with Wake mentoring him, that will change.
4. Really just a situational pass rusher at this point, but hopefully he can develop into a full time DE while Wake is still here.
5. Poor tackler when runners change direction on him. He is much better when he is the aggressor, but when forced to react when people are moving towards him he is far less effective.
6. Questionable power. But he does get the low position well, so he understands leverage.
7. Once an OL gets their hands on him, he is done unless he already has the angle.
8. Needs to work on his stamina.

All in all, I can see him being more effective than Sasquatch ... jus' sayin'.

So I guess we'll get more of his jerky commercials "messin' with Sasquatch" which it seems to be.

Truly, I think this is a good pick. Not my first choice, but the kid has a lot of good points:

Good:
1. Great 1st step
2. Gets low very well
3. Strong hands and arms to finish
4. Exceptional spin move ala Freeney
5. Extremely effective shooting the on stunts/twists generating A-gap pressure
6. Nicknamed "Black Ice" because by the time you see him ... its too late. IMHO, this is in part because he uses his blockers as cover to hide behind and comes out of his separation with a very explosive first step and direct line to the QB making his pass rushes very effective and his hits sudden.
7. Can keep his speed while turning without getting looped wide
8. Can probably play SAM if we switch to a 34 scheme, and profiles as an effective player dropping into coverage in a zone blitz

Bad:
2. Unclear whether he "loves football" so monitor this one closely.
3. Takes plays off. Motor runs hot and cold. Gives up. Call it what you want, but his motor is no Cam Wake, but hopefully with Wake mentoring him, that will change.
4. Really just a situational pass rusher at this point, but hopefully he can develop into a full time DE while Wake is still here.
5. Poor tackler when runners change direction on him. He is much better when he is the aggressor, but when forced to react when people are moving towards him he is far less effective.
6. Questionable power. But he does get the low position well, so he understands leverage.
7. Once an OL gets their hands on him, he is done unless he already has the angle.
8. Needs to work on his stamina.

All in all, I can see him being more effective than Sasquatch ... jus' sayin'.

Those "Bad's are pretty bad.

Those "Bad's are pretty bad.

But I like his positives. When looking at pros and cons of players, I look at what can't be taught, versaitility, intangiles and talent. I believe some of his cons can be taught with bad coaching, plus Wake and other rushers were not the best tacklers, and like the analysts were saying. He will be along some good veterans to work with and learn from. I think he can help make and impact and it's a position of need and god forbid wake goes down, and he steps up, we will be thankful fins got him. But he was a player or one that I was fine with miami getting in the first place.

Trey Wingo's dumbass kept calling him Chewbacca.

LOL, yeah, and I bet those ESPN sponsors were a little miffed by all the free advertising he gave Jack's, while not giving it to the sponsors, LOL.

Bad:

So.....If you have two ends that are weak at defending the run already you make it an even three? Anyone see a problem with this?

I'm OK with the pick if we get some pieces that really stuff the run, otherwise I see this as a long frustrating year watching the Dolphins get eaten up on the ground.

Just a bad pick and a half dozen reasons why it is.

This bunch still doesn't get it. Good thing Tunsil put on that bong mask or last year's 1 probably would have been a bust pic.

Back
Top Bottom