Harris vs. West Viriginia, Vandy, LSU | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harris vs. West Viriginia, Vandy, LSU

Everyone talking **** about Harris in run defense: it doesn't matter. What matters is that Harris can penetrate the line. This will finally let Suh go to work. When they aren't allowed to triple-team Suh or double team everyone on the inside, we can let Suh be disruptive again and have Timmons clean up the mess. Last year we were just getting stonewalled on every day. Our playmakers couldn't do anything because the O-line had so much help thanks to the completely lack of edge rush or run penetration. That changes now.

Suh and Phillips get doubled all day long vs ZBS b/c offenses not only allow, but welcome penetration on the edge to create creases for cutbacks if needed. Harris does nothing to counter that.

Timmons won't be roaming clean like he was behind Pitt's 2 gap lineman. He'll have to stack & shed at a much higher rate than he ever has in his professional career and he is only getting slower with age. It will not be an easy transition for him at all.

Not good against the run and not explosive enough to win the edge. Slightly undersized for a 4.82. Hoping for the best but underwhelmed to be honest. Don't see a star in the making.

not explosive enough!!???!?!?! he has the best first step of any rusher in the draft. he didn't have great numbers at the underwear Olympics so what. I'm not saying he is a star, I preferred foster, but the kid is raw and will be fine

Underwhelmed. Needed a starter, got a part timer. Yes DE is a need, but if we opted for this, I would have preferred to trade back...and there were 2 offers on the table, draft Lamp or Baker then chase a DE later. Needed a starter. Just underwhelmed.

Underwhelmed. Needed a starter, got a part timer. Yes DE is a need, but if we opted for this, I would have preferred to trade back...and there were 2 offers on the table, draft Lamp or Baker then chase a DE later. Needed a starter. Just underwhelmed.
How do you know there were two offers on the table?

There is not one DE we were going to draft who would be a full time player...
You guys understand no matter what Haynes Wake and Branch are getting a LOT of the snaps.
Honestly it would of been Barnett and the same would be said "he is a situational player for us"
Honestly we dont have many open positions we have a bunch of avg everywhere.
I would of perfered a different position but I understand the player..
He is "Cam like" they will want him to soak up as much as he can.
Everyone knows this team weakness im curious what they think they have done to fix it..
Honestly if Nate Allen is the last line of defense we are in trouble

[video=youtube;tKohV_rl-Ak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKohV_rl-Ak[/video]

[video=youtube;T2ZYWfqmZBg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ZYWfqmZBg[/video]

[video=youtube;aPFezDtH-1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPFezDtH-1g[/video]

These 3 videos really sum it up for Harris. It's what people need to watch. You don't have to listen to what I say or what all the talking heads say or where they were trying to predict he would land. Just watch the kid play and determine for yourself what you see. You don't have to be an expert to see. Just take the time to watch.

He was credited with .5 sacks against LSU, but it was on a play where Etling simply had no choice but to run into the sack trying to get back to the LOS after a play action fake at 2:20 in the video. The rest of the game Harris never defeated a single block. Never made one play in the backfield. Not one. He was absolutely owned snap after snap after snap. Even outrun in the open field by Etling at one point, who is a slow footed pocket style quarterback. The only time he was even worth mentioning was when the refs flagged him for unsportsmanlike conduct when they were down 35-7.

A combined 28 minutes worth of video for all three games and if you want to be generous, you can count only 9 or 10 plays against both W.V. and Vandy where he defeated any block to make a play in the backfield. Rest of the snaps weren't pretty. Some of em very, very poor in terms of recognition, saavy, or any display of athleticism.

He must learn how to use his hands. He's not even close. Gives up his breast plate way too easily. There you're neutralized again and again. If this is what passes for a 1st round pick at DE, what must a 2nd or 3rd rounder look like to the talking heads and people in Miami's front office...

I've watched all these kids with a critical eye for a long time. Some of you may be ecstatic with the selection, and that's fine by me. Just giving my opinion. I think you people deserved a better pick at #22 overall. Especially if they were fielding trade offers for the pick.

These 3 videos really sum it up for Harris. It's what people need to watch. You don't have to listen to what I say or what all the talking heads say or where they were trying to predict he would land. Just watch the kid play and determine for yourself what you see. You don't have to be an expert to see. Just take the time to watch.

He was credited with .5 sacks against LSU, but it was on a play where Etling simply had no choice but to run into the sack trying to get back to the LOS after a play action fake at 2:20 in the video. The rest of the game Harris never defeated a single block. Never made one play in the backfield. Not one. He was absolutely owned snap after snap after snap. Even outrun in the open field by Etling at one point, who is a slow footed pocket style quarterback. The only time he was even worth mentioning was when the refs flagged him for unsportsmanlike conduct when they were down 35-7.

A combined 28 minutes worth of video for all three games and if you want to be generous, you can count only 9 or 10 plays against both W.V. and Vandy where he defeated any block to make a play in the backfield. Rest of the snaps weren't pretty. Some of em very, very poor in terms of recognition, saavy, or any display of athleticism.

He must learn how to use his hands. He's not even close. Gives up his breast plate way too easily. There you're neutralized again and again. If this is what passes for a 1st round pick at DE, what must a 2nd or 3rd rounder look like to the talking heads and people in Miami's front office...

I've watched all these kids with a critical eye for a long time. Some of you may be ecstatic with the selection, and that's fine by me. Just giving my opinion. I think you people deserved a better pick at #22 overall. Especially if they were fielding trade offers for the pick.

I like Harris but maybe taco should of been the pick(higher ceiling). Jordan Willis is the kid I wanted but hey at least phins are thinking like me in that we need de. Hopefully Harris contributes and gets better under gase's staff.

Hate the pick, undersized situational pass rusher at 22 lol....reading the replies in this thread sounds like a few people agree with me but just can't admit it.

Reminds me of when we picked Ginn in the 1st round when Ginn was just a fricken kick returner. A one trick pony.

It's picks like this that will get a coach and GM fired. Wonder if TannenBUM is the one who actually pounded the table for Harris.

LSU's LT is poor, a known issue for them all year and I don't see Harris get by him. Tim Williams had a field day on that LT.

Let's hope Harris improves.

the videos ensure me that those of us who don't like the pick are right lol. I sincerely hope Miami has a change of heart and tries to trade him for a 2nd rounder today lol. I know it wont happen, but I honestly don't see whats so good about him. He looked poor against a poor LT. Imagine him against NFL OT's? We'd be better off trying him out at OLB. Couldn't hurt.

It's picks like this that will get a coach and GM fired. Wonder if TannenBUM is the one who actually pounded the table for Harris.

According to Grier the regional scout for midwest was the guy championing him. Grier using his scouts, having been one himself.

Back
Top Bottom