Has ACC lived up to billing as a super conference? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has ACC lived up to billing as a super conference?

Right now I think the ACC and the SEC are about the same.

The powerhouse/good
Georgia,Florida,Tenn(usually),Auburn,Bama

Miami,FSU,VT,Boston College,Georgia Tech

Get Up And Go said:
Right now I think the ACC and the SEC are about the same.

The powerhouse/good
Georgia,Florida,Tenn(usually),Auburn,Bama

Miami,FSU,VT,Boston College,Georgia Tech

How can you even mention "Good teams in the SEC" without LSU? :confused:

Motion said:

Saban would be pissed if he read that.

they are not a super confrence. BIG 12 PAC 10. they are super confrences

PatsSuck456 said:
Saban would be pissed if he read that.

My bad, I had them in there originally but I changed the format and forgot to put them back in. My apologizes to Lord Saban.

Quien said:

I really hope you're sarcastic on that one. PAC10 has had USC and who else? UCLA? Oregon? I'm sorry but the PAC 10 is very possibly the easiest major conference to go undefeated in. When USC's only real challenge of the season (outside of ASU... haha!) comes from Notre Dame, there's a problem with the conference's level of competition.

I think I'd agree though that the ACC is at a weak point right now. Miami is weak all over but fairly young. The coaching staff changes will very possibly hurt them to at least start out this next season.

FSU (my school) lost 4 guys on defense in the top-20 of the draft. That has the potential to hurt (even though Cromartie didn't play last year and there are great guys to take their places... Lawrence Timmons, Alex Brown, etc.). Drew Weatherford, after breaking quite a few of Phillip Rivers' ACC Freshman QB records, is widely considered as the strongest QB of the ACC this year and the combo at RB will be quite exciting. I dunno if any other team in the ACC has the potential for a National Championship this year (even though it still seems pretty unlikely).

Virginia Tech will have to adjust to life without Marcus Vick. Losing Jimmy Williams and a few other guys in the draft will have the team rebuilding some, but they still have potential if they can overcome their failures of the end of last year.

Boston College is going to pose a challenge to anyone in the ACC. They will be a solid team, but can they finish strong enough to break that consistant ranking position in the teens?

im srry but The Big XII is not a super conference

Its Oklahoma and Texas

Nebraska is making SOME noise however

6 national titles this year and may be 7 with baseball. I'd say the conference is just fine.

BTW, the ACC has several teams who still play that sport "football" as well.

basaltrock said:
I think I'd agree though that the ACC is at a weak point right now. Miami is weak all over but fairly young. The coaching staff changes will very possibly hurt them to at least start out this next season.

Oh dear lord, are you serious? Weak all over? If possibly the best defense in the entire country is weak, I'll take it.

The coaching changes could do nothing but help. Forget the Peach Bowl, the offensive and defensive players quit on the coaches. Now that they have real blood there, they'll show the talent. You'll find out real quick how down Miami is. They played the better game against FSU last year who needed an idiot punter to even win that game at home. FSU lost FIVE freaking games last year, very easily could have been six, and you're talking about Miami being down??? I don't know where Weatherford is "widely" considered the best QB in the ACC this year, I certainly wouldn't put him there.

I really hope this was some anti-Miami bias, and not a real post of your true feelings.

Motion said:

yeah really, they're the best team in that conference. and he mentions one year wonder alabama over them??

Quien said:

the Big 12 and the pac 10 are shades above the big east.

The SEC, ACC, and Big 10 are super conferences. The other 3 are practically mid-majors.

kpcane said:
the Big 12 and the pac 10 are shades above the big east.

The SEC, ACC, and Big 10 are super conferences. The other 3 are practically mid-majors.

No doubt in my mind that the ACC and SEC stand out above all the other conferences. Sad thing is, we probably will not get a national championship from either one because both conferences beat up on each other all year. I mean if your in the SEC . . lets say Florida, u usually have a schedule that includes LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia (and since we talking Florida, throw FSU in there as well). . I mean there is almost no way u beat those 5 (6) teams, u are great if u take only 2 losses with that schedule, but u still most likely wont sniff the BCS championship game.

The SEC is stronger at the top, but I think in the middle is where the ACC shows its strength . . these Marylands and Clemson's and NC states are no easy task, u gotta come out and play ball. In Miami's case, they don't have no pushover teams to worry about like they did in the Big East, they gotta play ball every week.

Pac-10 as a power conference is comical . . one team doesn't make you a power conference. After the top 2, I probably throw the Big 10 third, Big 12 fourth, Big East fifth (they have some nice teams with Pitt, West Va, Louiville and Rutgers . . .alot of Florida talent sticks with the Big East) and Pac-10 sixth.

Dont be suprised if Georgia Tech does some great things this year....their defense is tough, they have an experienced QB, and Calvin Johnson is a monster WR

Miami is my team though....ACC and SEC are by far the best conferences

Back
Top Bottom