Have the Jets officially lost a draft pick for Favre yet? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have the Jets officially lost a draft pick for Favre yet?

TXFinFan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, the Jets should have to give up their 2nd round pick to the Packers.

Is this correct and/or official yet?

Since the Jets did not make the playoffs I believe it is a 3rd round pick, however I could be wrong.

Well, a 3rd rounder hurts them too, but I was hoping they lost their 2nd rounder. I am fairly convinced that the Jets mortgaged away their long term future for Favre and all of those high priced free agents they overpaid for last year.

Well, a 3rd rounder hurts them too, but I was hoping they lost their 2nd rounder. I am fairly convinced that the Jets mortgaged away their long term future for Favre and all of those high priced free agents they overpaid for last year.

Well they are behind at least one two years

In hindsight, a third round pick was'nt that much of a gamble in the end.

In hindsight, a third round pick was'nt that much of a gamble in the end.

Really it's a complete failure when they are no better off then before making this move and you could argue their worse. There's no QB waiting in the wings and they improved a division rival by dumping an excellent QB in favour of one that was great 5 years ago.

well to be honest..favre was selected to the pro bowl.so a 3rd rounder for a pro bowl qb is pretty cheap.we gave up a second for feeley and culpepper.and nobody here thought penny was all that excellent when he was a jet. noodle arm anybody? the jets spent a bundle in the off season but most of the moves like jenkins,pace,favre,faneca and the earlier trade for jones paid pretty good dividends.i hope we open up the wallet and land a probowl cb or lb.

Really it's a complete failure when they are no better off then before making this move and you could argue their worse. There's no QB waiting in the wings and they improved a division rival by dumping an excellent QB in favour of one that was great 5 years ago.

The Jets made a call. They wanted to contend for a Superbowl, so they took the chance on a QB who was coming off a very good season in Green Bay and had tremendous veteran leadership and qualties. They took a gamble and it did'nt pay off. All they lost was a 3rd rounder, they still have the potential of getting another 1st rounder if the Saints re-sign Vilma.

Worth a gamble if you want instant success, which is what the Jets wanted.

AFC. manning ,favre, cutler. you got some other intel you want to share?

We lost a third for Favre but we got the Saints third for Vilma. And that pick can become the Saints second if they resign Vilma before the start of Free Agency.

Jets rolled the dice and it just didn't work out for them. Probably set them back a few years also.

Back
Top Bottom