Hayden Fox's Assessment Week 14 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment Week 14

RT was 20 of 33, and 4 or 5 of those attempts were thrown away. He had a good, not great game. The OL played well with 2 sacks ( Garner and Clab0), and only 3 hits. I think this was the first game all year when there were no drops. Some have said that conditions increase concentration.

The DL brought the heat with another good game. Ellerbe and Wheeler had bad games. The DB's were average, other than Carroll.

I disagree on Philbin's time management at the end of the half. I believe we planned to run out the clock unless we got a big play off the punt, which I would have agreed with. The blocked punt changed that but, that's hindsight.

Joe Philbin's teams have had a record of bad clock management and not finishing halves or games. They did in Sept. and vs the Jets, but not yesterday and against Carolina.

I cannot help, but think, "thank God he stepped out of bounds".

Its amazing to me how many excellent reviews there are post game here at FH and yet you can't turn on QAM or 790 and get a competent group together to break it down on the radio. Replacing the radio feed with the text from the OP would blow away the crap that comes out of someone like Brandon Guzios mouth. I wouldnt have an issue with him if he had HIS opinion and stuck to it. But hes such a flip-flopper its brutal to listen to every week. Not to mention there is absolutely nothing smooth about his delivery. How does that guy get that job?

Anyway, great stuff as always from Hayden Fox.

Philbin would not have challenged that huge Hartline TD if Hartline and RT didn't go over and beg and plead with him. Take a look at it. He still was looking pretty clueless and barely wanted to throw it.

lol yep. I was yelling at my TV for him to challenge that. Glad Thill and Hartline talked him into it.

lol yep. I was yelling at my TV for him to challenge that. Glad Thill and Hartline talked him into it.

I was yelling too. LOL. I was saying some bad words to Joe.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Its amazing to me how many excellent reviews there are post game here at FH and yet you can't turn on QAM or 790 and get a competent group together to break it down on the radio. Replacing the radio feed with the text from the OP would blow away the crap that comes out of someone like Brandon Guzios mouth. I wouldnt have an issue with him if he had HIS opinion and stuck to it. But hes such a flip-flopper its brutal to listen to every week. Not to mention there is absolutely nothing smooth about his delivery. How does that guy get that job?

Anyway, great stuff as always from Hayden Fox.

We get after each other here, but I could not live with out the Finheaven debate. I appreciate all you guys.

I think Philbin took a minute to throw the challenge because he was listerning to the coaches in the booth. You know the ones who can replay the play for themselves. He took a minute to gather infromation and made a choice. That's what i saw.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

and if jeff ireland has any intention of keeping his job he will find a way to get Charles Clay a big pay day. I mean really we can't let go of #42

Philbin really needs to work on his in-game management. He's had some real headscratchers since he's been here and there are times this team has looked completely unprepared for games. At least we finally scored more than 30 points (only the 3rd time in 2 seasons).

What a great game to watch yesterday.

Fins showed a lot of heart going into Pittsburgh during a snow storm and coming out on top, even after being down.

Thumbs up me if you agree.

It was a great weekend for me; 1) The phins won & more than likely knocked the evil empire from the playoffs, 2) Auburn (2nd favorite college team) won, & 3 Ohio St (least favorite NCAA team) lost.

Back
Top Bottom