Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 5 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 5

You know.........You don't need to go to anywhere else than HERE to
get well written and intelligent takes on Dolphins matters.

Not just Hayden.

I have to question running 35 times for 68 yards but, it worked, so who cares.

You know.........You don't need to go to anywhere else than HERE to
get well written and intelligent takes on Dolphins matters.

Not just Hayden.

Between the individually created threads to links to breaking news, I have always said that Finheaven is my first stop on the internet.

agree with the postives..

i thought the game management was fine.

Fins tried to run on the last 2 drives and were getting about 3 yds...... the biggest plays on the last 2 drives were on passing plays... (pass interference 16 yards, and defensive holding.)

overall i thought it was well balanced-- run and pass.... both daniel and reggie averaged less than 3 yds per carry...so i think they needed to pass the ball to get the first downs to try and close the game.

i wont blame philbin for clays mistake of going out of bounds..... if anything put that on his positions coach...but that really just falls on the player....

no problem for me on the 53 fg....... the drive before Carpenter hit from 46... and 3 more points puts the game into 2 TD range for the bengals...you want to punt from their 35 yd yard line and try to pin them inside the 10.... ok...i get it.. touchback nets 15 yards... on the road... try to get your points..

no game is gonna be perfect.... bottom line.. its a win...

i like that fact that Tannehill didnt turn the ball over.......

agree with the postives..

i thought the game management was fine.

Fins tried to run on the last 2 drives and were getting about 3 yds...... the biggest plays on the last 2 drives were on passing plays... (pass interference 16 yards, and defensive holding.)

overall i thought it was well balanced-- run and pass.... both daniel and reggie averaged less than 3 yds per carry...so i think they needed to pass the ball to get the first downs to try and close the game.

i wont blame philbin for clays mistake of going out of bounds..... if anything put that on his positions coach...but that really just falls on the player....

no problem for me on the 53 fg....... the drive before Carpenter hit from 46... and 3 more points puts the game into 2 TD range for the bengals...you want to punt from their 35 yd yard line and try to pin them inside the 10.... ok...i get it.. touchback nets 15 yards... on the road... try to get your points..

no game is gonna be perfect.... bottom line.. its a win...

i like that fact that Tannehill didnt turn the ball over.......

Nice point about RT NOT turning the ball over. Again...progress.

I suppose you are right about that. I guess I thought their sack totals were impressive. Geno Atkins is a great lineman. Mike Zimmer is a tough DC to compete against. Road game too...

Fair enough....Cincy is in the middle of playing 5 straight games vs rookie or 2nd year QBs.

On a side note, props to the run D, now haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 19 straight games.

You're right about Kevin Coyle. Our defense was by far the best unit on the field today. You take away that BS 'fumble recovery' on the punt and they gave up just ten points against an explosive offense, while missing a starting CB. Just a fantastic performance from the D.

I have to question running 35 times for 68 yards but, it worked, so who cares.

Rushes without yards are beautiful plays. Controlling plays. Miami was always in great position based on rushing attempts.

The idiotic team rushes 19 times for 80 yards (Cincinnati). Very familiar during the Marino era.

My only beef during the game was 14 minutes remaining and Dolphins take over. Instead of basic formations and imposing ourselves physically we seemed determined to forfeit advantage by lining up in an empty set on first down. Empty sets are masochistic at this stage of development, and when you have the lead. Far too much chance the opponent senses vulnerability and begins to attack. Empty sets are for Brady and Rodgers deep into their career.

Obviously, Clay running out of bounds was also a beef. That's a sensible bootleg play call to steal a cheap game ending first down but the recipient has to grasp the necessity to stay in bounds for 40 vital seconds. Cincinnati gained 8-10% greater opportunity to win the game at 1:50ish than 1:10ish.

Rushes without yards are beautiful plays. Controlling plays. Miami was always in great position based on rushing attempts.

The idiotic team rushes 19 times for 80 yards (Cincinnati). Very familiar during the Marino era.

My only beef during the game was 14 minutes remaining and Dolphins take over. Instead of basic formations and imposing ourselves physically we seemed determined to forfeit advantage by lining up in an empty set on first down. Empty sets are masochistic at this stage of development, and when you have the lead. Far too much chance the opponent senses vulnerability and begins to attack. Empty sets are for Brady and Rodgers deep into their career.

Obviously, Clay running out of bounds was also a beef. That's a sensible bootleg play call to steal a cheap game ending first down but the recipient has to grasp the necessity to stay in bounds for 40 vital seconds. Cincinnati gained 8-10% greater opportunity to win the game at 1:50ish than 1:10ish.

Running the ball does three things for this team
1) It is what this offensive line does best
2) Puts RT in manageable situations
3) Keeps defenders from being draped around the quarterback.

wasn't impressed with the offense or the play calling besides tannehill. the defense backs played surprisingly well.

Smartest guy on the board.

I`m very intrigued at how Gaffney can boost the offense bringing more space for hartline, bess, fasano. it may be the missing ingredient !!!!! fingers crossed

Fair enough....Cincy is in the middle of playing 5 straight games vs rookie or 2nd year QBs.

On a side note, props to the run D, now haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 19 straight games.
what is the record for that stat??? i really hope they brake it. miami is the best run D in the NFL.

Coyle raped the **** out of zimmerman and he did wonders with our secondary against suck an explosive passing team.

Not to be THAT guy, but Mike Zimmer is their DC. Jay Gruden is their OC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom