He could fall to miami and if he does, how about this guy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

He could fall to miami and if he does, how about this guy?

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That is ERic Ebron. I know all the talk has been offensive line help and yes, tanny needs more protection and the run blocking game needs to improve. But it seems like a solid rt can be picked in the 2nd rd and plenty of times you'll see good guards picked in later round as well. Fins got the left tackle in FA and keeping their star center in pouncey and I'm just tired of fins picking o line in top of draft. I want a playmaker and a bigger guy as not getting pts especially in redzone in end of season is what killed miami. The defense while not great, as pretty solid and the sputtering offense is what dashed fins playoff hopes last year with losses to jets and bills, with terrible offensive play.

I see some talk about WRs, but Wr seems pretty deep, but the real top talents will probably be already taken. But from some mock drafts, it looks like Eric Ebron could fall to miami. It's not uncommon for top tight ends projected in top 15, to fall toward bottom of first. Tyler Eifert was seen as a top tightend and got drafted at 21 by bengals. Ebron while not vernon davis or jimmy graham, is a very phsyically gifted TE that could cause mismatches and big plays and be that athletic big body to snag tds in the redzone miami really needs. The game seems to have evolved where a top tightend can really bolster offenses or make them dangerous. I mean look at how the dangerous the saints are with Jimmy Graham. And how dangerous the patriots are when they had hernandzez and gronk. And even when it was just gronk, compared to when gronk was injured. I think fins should skip a tackle and even Brandin Cooks or Marquis lee and take Ebron if he should still be there at 19.

I know there will be teams like bills who could want a TE, but there will be other top lbs and talent that would probably be hard for them to pass up and a lot of teams don't seem to like to take a tightend usually in the top ten unless he's a freak of nature (VErnon Davis). I don't know if Keller is still with miami, but even if he is, he had a serious knee injury and Ebron is younger and more potential and that could be a deadly one two punch with keller and him and really help tannehill and the fins offense. Or clay and Ebron would be great if keller is gone.

Keller is gone and Clay is the future at the TE

Enron is the seam threat who won't block a soul

Keller is gone and Clay is the future at the TE

Enron is the seam threat who won't block a soul

HE has the strength though and TEs like him start out not being that good with blocking but get better and develop. Didn't clay disappear late in the season though? I like him though, but just hope he stays as a very good tightend. Perhaps the WRs not helping hurt, idk, but yeah, I like fins Wr depth, but I think fins could use more playmakers, at WR or tightend. I like the deep WR class, but fins already have a deep threat with wallace, I rather not miami have another clone to wallace on the small side, but bigger WR to help go up for passes and get tds in the redzone for fins and provide a big targer or another one to clay.

Clay is a valuable and versatile weapon, but he's not a full time TE, and it seems he's better at taking advantage of mismatches than creating them. If Ebron is there at 19 I may gag on a spoon, and I would be all for us taking him here as I don't think ASF or Amaro will make it to our 2nd round pick. The only way I see us passing on him is if a true 1st round OL talent (not a reach) is there as well. He could give us a huge mismatch in the passing game and probably help Clay produce even better numbers.

As a playmaker, Ebron won't fall that far. There's no point in even wondering about it. But like someone said, it's just as well, if he can't block. Nice pickup for a team who needs some electricity on the offense, but nobody on our offense can block much better than my grandmother, so that's something to consider, in terms of fit.

At one point I likes ebron a lot, probably because I'm desperate for a playmaking TE.

But the more I watch of him the less impressed I am, and realistically, I don't think he's a better player than cook, lee, or beckham.

His lack of TDs also bothers me, and so does his experience at the position. Non-experienced receivers really get exposed with there ball skills, and with tannehills arm, I could see ebron dropping a lot of passes.

I think he's a good player but I expect him to fall, and rather go a different route. His lack of physicality makes me think cornerbacks will cover him pretty well in the NFL, he's really not a TE, he's just a bigger WR.

I actually think Jace is as good if not better. Jace is a chains mover and Great TD target, ebron, not so much.

He can block, he just wasn't asked to do much of it in college. He's not the best all-round TE in this class but he's definitely the one who will cause more headaches for opposition defenses out of all of them.

I strongly doubt that he falls to us, but I'd be tempted to take him if he did. I expect Detroit Lions to take him.

He will be long gone unless we trade up

I strongly doubt that he falls to us, but I'd be tempted to take him if he did. I expect Detroit Lions to take him.

Yes, but the lions have Pettigrew I think who is pretty good. The offense isn't what failed them last year, it was the poor secondary, undisciplined play and Matt Stafford's mistakes and inconsistency. Where the lions pick, probably one of the two top corners will fall to them or be available, justin gilbert could be there and don't forget about ha ha clinton dix, who I believe is a very talented Free safety too. I can imagine the lions picking them up, though you never know with the offense hungry the lions are and how they always seem to love getting offensive players even when their secondary is not good.

Ive never been a fan of TEs that cant block, and if he's going to be a diva, he better be a complete TE. I don't think Ebron fits the persona Joe Philbin is looking for anyway.

If we want a pass catcher that big and fast, it doesnt have to be at TE. There are some interesting WRs in this draft in the 2nd round and beyond, and we can save our top pick for someone who will start in 2014.

Its funny that people are saying there is no way he gets to us and some of those same people are saying if he does we should pass for this reason or that. Its hard to predict who will fall because it only takes one team to love him but the reasons you all are saying we should pass are the same reasons he could easily make it to 19. Plus as OP says TEs typically seem to go lower than expected, Eifert dropped like a stone last year in a relatively weak class and imo Eifert was a better prospect than Ebron. I could easily see Ebron not just make it to 19 but make all way way to late 20s or maybe even out of the first entirely in this highly talented draft class.

Back
Top Bottom