Heat-Pistons Predictions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat-Pistons Predictions

TerryTate said:
Be careful on your wording...the Lakers were NOT a better TEAM last year.

The Heat were the definition of a team this year, the Pistons were the "Team" last year and in the 2nd half of this season played that way. You can throw the stats for the Flash and Diesel at me all you want, but what I do know is that whenever they would have off-nights, Damon Jones, Eddie Jones, Haslem, heck...even Doleac (first 2/3 of the season) and Laettner could step up and score. Look at how Dooling has played. The Heat have a better supporting cast than you could even imagine in the beginning of the year...they are so team oriented that they play everyone on their bench on some nights. Not bad when your players getting the least minutes are Doleac and Rasual Butler these days. (Wang Zhi-Zhi is inactive right now, so he doesnt apply to my stuff here ;) so dont bring him up :lol: )

The Lakers were stockpiled with a bunch of stars, two of which were WAAAY past their prime. The egos of all these guys prevented the Lakers from what they should've done...dominated the Pistons. If you had an unselfish Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton, it would be a lock. No way was that the true definition of a TEAM.

Much like you were writing about the Nets the East has been horrible this year, there are only 2 good teams in the East so let's not say you are better than LA was last year. LA was on a roll beating some very good teams along the wa to the Finals, just b/c they lost to Detroit doesn't mean Miami in a very weak East is better this year than last year's LA.

nyjunc said:
Much like you were writing about the Nets the East has been horrible this year, there are only 2 good teams in the East so let's not say you are better than LA was last year. LA was on a roll beating some very good teams along the wa to the Finals, just b/c they lost to Detroit doesn't mean Miami in a very weak East is better this year than last year's LA.

You can win in basketball without playing as a team if you have good enough individual talent (see Kobe, Shaq, Payton). The Lakers didnt play consistent team ball together. Thats why they lost to the Pistons.

The top couple teams in the EAST this year can compete for the title, whereas in the past the top teams in the east (jersey, philly, etc..) had no chance in hell...

The West is still better than the East, but the conference got better, thats how big of an effect shaq has on the league.

The top couple teams in the EAST this year can compete for the title, whereas in the past the top teams in the east (jersey, philly, etc..) had no chance in hell...

3 East teams had a shot last year(Det, Ind and NJ), NJ had a shot 2 years ago against SA- the previous 3-4 years no East team had a shot.

The West is still better than the East, but the conference got better, thats how big of an effect shaq has on the league.

The East was better last year, we had 3 legit Championship contenders while this year there is only 2. Yes we now have the most dominant player but the East was better last year overall.

if Pacers play like they are capable of playing they could beat pistons or heat

although this is highly unlikely it would be nice

kebort said:
if Pacers play like they are capable of playing they could beat pistons or heat

:chuckle: stop jokin' around man.

Pacers had our # during the reg season , ill give you that. But the playoffs is an entirely different story. Unfortunately we won't find out because you won't beat Detroit.

TerryTate said:
The egos of all these guys prevented the Lakers from what they should've done...dominated the Pistons.

You sound like the Laker fans from last year.

:)

We should have swept those pu$$ys ....

Detroit has already put Shaq in check once.....

Detroit rolls the Heat in five games !!!

TerryTate said:
You can win in basketball without playing as a team if you have good enough individual talent (see Kobe, Shaq, Payton). The Lakers didnt play consistent team ball together. Thats why they lost to the Pistons.

What happened to the show time year, It looks like my Lakers are gonna win it about as soon as my finz:cry:

TerryTate said:
The egos of all these guys prevented the Lakers from what they should've done...dominated the Pistons.

Whoa there Terry, did you watch the finals last year or is it so far into the past that you forgot about it? Well I have the games on tape and the only team that got dominated was the Lakers. If Prince Presses Kobe on the last shot to take it to OT during game two this series woulda been a sweep period.
When it comes to football we are on the same page but I gotta call you on this. If the Lakers put their egos aside they woulda made it a better series (6 may 7 games) but Detroit was too physical to consistant and too hungry. The Lakers didn't lose to the Pistons, they got BEAT by the Pistons.

P.S. Pistons in 6

Hellion said:
Whoa there Terry, did you watch the finals last year or is it so far into the past that you forgot about it? Well I have the games on tape and the only team that got dominated was the Lakers. If Prince Presses Kobe on the last shot to take it to OT during game two this series woulda been a sweep period.
When it comes to football we are on the same page but I gotta call you on this. If the Lakers put their egos aside they woulda made it a better series (6 may 7 games) but Detroit was too physical to consistant and too hungry. The Lakers didn't lose to the Pistons, they got BEAT by the Pistons.

P.S. Pistons in 6

The Lakers shouldve dominated, but they didnt....as I said in the post you were responding to (and misread)...I agree with you, the Pistons dominated the Lakers...

TerryTate said:
The Lakers shouldve dominated, but they didnt....as I said in the post you were responding to (and misread)...I agree with you, the Pistons dominated the Lakers...

Yup you're right I re read it I see what you're saying now, here let me remove my shoe from my mouth. :D

Heat in six or five...seriously....MIAMI is just a better TEAM than detroit...Detroit has NO bench.

Miami on the other hand has the best bench left in the playoffs with only the Mavericks having an arguement, (a good one at that).

You want to know who I fear? The Dallas Mavericks...that is it...and you know why? You guessed it..depth.

I'm sorry...watching the Pistons starters blow a 22 point lead to Dooling, Anderson, E. Jones, Doleac and Mourning cinched it for me.

Section126 said:
Heat in six or five...seriously....MIAMI is just a better TEAM than detroit...Detroit has NO bench.

Miami on the other hand has the best bench left in the playoffs with only the Mavericks having an arguement, (a good one at that).

You want to know who I fear? The Dallas Mavericks...that is it...and you know why? You guessed it..depth.

I'm sorry...watching the Pistons starters blow a 22 point lead to Dooling, Anderson, E. Jones, Doleac and Mourning cinched it for me.

5? :roflmao: These are the Champs and they are as good or better than last year. You can't seriously take a reg season game as a barometer for post season success for a team that is the defending champs?

Miami is not a b etter team than Detroit, they have the most dominating player but they are not better overall than Detroit. Could Miami beat Detroit? Absolutely but to say 5 games is just plain silly. If Miami wins it will be in 7.

You are crowing about depth but you don't even have a great starting 5. Haslem, Damon Jones? Come on, they wouldn't start on 90% of the teams in the NBA, they are made to look better b/c of Shaq but as the playoffs go n and the teams become tougher guys like that won't cut it and crowing about Doleac, Anderson and Mourning is funny. Mourning was only effective against a small NJ team, he won't be against a bigger, much more physical Detroit team and Doleac and Anderson are Knick castoffs. This Miami team is good mostly b/c of 2 guys but you guys are acting like this is an all-time great team.

Back
Top Bottom