Heat-Pistons Predictions | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat-Pistons Predictions

Section126 said:
Heat in six or five...seriously....MIAMI is just a better TEAM than detroit...Detroit has NO bench.

Miami on the other hand has the best bench left in the playoffs with only the Mavericks having an arguement, (a good one at that).

You want to know who I fear? The Dallas Mavericks...that is it...and you know why? You guessed it..depth.

I'm sorry...watching the Pistons starters blow a 22 point lead to Dooling, Anderson, E. Jones, Doleac and Mourning cinched it for me.
NO BENCH are you kidding me. THey have a much better bench then the HEAT. They have Carlos Arroyo,McDyess, Hunter, Ham , Campbell. They are all quality players and outstanding defenders. They might not get to play to much because of the Pistons starting 5 is the best in the NBA hands down no question. You can ask any coach in the league.

Brad528 said:
NO BENCH are you kidding me. THey have a much better bench then the HEAT. They have Carlos Arroyo,McDyess, Hunter, Ham , Campbell. They are all quality players and outstanding defenders. They might not get to play to much because of the Pistons starting 5 is the best in the NBA hands down no question. You can ask any coach in the league.

Did you seriously list Devin Ham who averaged 1 point & .7 boards in 6 minutes per in the regular season? Did you seriously list Lindsey Hunter who averaged 3.8 points & 1.7 assists in 15 minutesi minutes per in the regular season? Did you seriously list Elden Campbell who averaged 3.9 points & 2.7 boards in 11 minutes per in the regular season?

LOL, that's like me sitting here and listing guys like Dorell Wright, Wang ZhiZhi, & Qyntel Woods who aren't even on Miami's active playoff roster.

Truth is: Detroit has one standout backup in McDysse, and a pretty good one in Arroyo who was a reject on an awful team at Utah. Miami is loaded with guys who can come off the bench and contribute efficiently on any given night, and Detroit only has two players like that.

X-Con said:
Did you seriously list Devin Ham who averaged 1 point & .7 boards in 6 minutes per in the regular season? Did you seriously list Lindsey Hunter who averaged 3.8 points & 1.7 assists in 15 minutesi minutes per in the regular season? Did you seriously list Elden Campbell who averaged 3.9 points & 2.7 boards in 11 minutes per in the regular season?

LOL, that's like me sitting here and listing guys like Dorell Wright, Wang ZhiZhi, & Qyntel Woods who aren't even on Miami's active playoff roster.

Truth is: Detroit has one standout backup in McDysse, and a pretty good one in Arroyo who was a reject on an awful team at Utah. Miami is loaded with guys who can come off the bench and contribute efficiently on any given night, and Detroit only has two players like that.

some folks mentioned Shandon Anderson who averaged 3 PPG in the reg season, 'Zo who averaged 5 PPG & 4 boards, Laettner who averaged 5 PPG and less than 3 boards, Doleac who averaged 4 PPG and 3 boards, and dooling who averaged 5 PPG and 2 assists. You can't have it both ways, you might have a bun ch of different guys that can play but you don't have that good of players coming off the bench. McDyess is by far the best player coming off the bench for either team, I'd rather have a good player like that and a couple of mediocre guys than a bunch of mediocre guys like Miami.

Heat win again! they will sweep the Wizards and then take the Pistons in six

It's gonna be a great, competitive series, let's just agree on that and see what happens when it goes down!

And just like that......Indiana has tied the series at 1-1 and is headed back home for the next 2. Like I said, don't count your chickens before they hatch. I told you this would be a hard fought series, and here come the Pacers.

I said in another thread I thought the Pacers would take the Pistons 6 games and be competitive in all the rest. This series is personal so you know the Pacers aren't going to lay down!

who would be harder for Miami, Indiana or Detriot? Indiana owned the regular season seris vs. Miami

nyjunc said:
some folks mentioned Shandon Anderson who averaged 3 PPG in the reg season, 'Zo who averaged 5 PPG & 4 boards, Laettner who averaged 5 PPG and less than 3 boards, Doleac who averaged 4 PPG and 3 boards, and dooling who averaged 5 PPG and 2 assists. You can't have it both ways, you might have a bun ch of different guys that can play but you don't have that good of players coming off the bench. McDyess is by far the best player coming off the bench for either team, I'd rather have a good player like that and a couple of mediocre guys than a bunch of mediocre guys like Miami.

McDyess is a good player. But you cant seriously think anyone would take him over Mourning.

All you have to do to compare the benches is look at playoff stats and who gets points and minutes. Larry Brown doesnt have a bench in the playoffs outside Hunter and Mcdyess. Miami has complementary players that are brought off the bench to fill their roles, Anderson and Mourning for defense....Dooling and Butler for offense, and Laettner because we just all love to see him and Shaq play together. :)

McDyess is a good player. But you cant seriously think anyone would take him over Mourning.

6-7 years ago I'd agree w/ you but all'Zo is now is a guy who does ok against bad teams. This is not Alonzo 1997 we are talking about here.

All you have to do to compare the benches is look at playoff stats and who gets points and minutes. Larry Brown doesnt have a bench in the playoffs outside Hunter and Mcdyess. Miami has complementary players that are brought off the bench to fill their roles, Anderson and Mourning for defense....Dooling and Butler for offense, and Laettner because we just all love to see him and Shaq play together.

That's b/c they have so many spare parts. They don't have a great starting 5 so they have interchangeable parts that can come in and contribute like the starters. Detroit has a much better starting 5 and they don't have guys who can come in and be as effective as their starters.

Alonzo only does good against bad teams?

The guy has been a defensive force in the playoffs.....New Jersey, a bad team? Weren't they one of the hottest teams down the stretch? Washington a bad team? They are a 4th seed....

I guess he will be effective against another bad team...Detroit, and those horrible teams Phoenix and San Antonio.....

You know squat.

Detroits bench is garbage.....The Heat rolls 11 players in every game and they score triple digits every game....

Dooling is clearly better than Arroyo
Mourning is clearly better than McDyese
Butler is clearly a better scorer than anybody on Detroits bench....

Detroit has a great starting five and nothing else....NOTHING ELSE.....this is not last years Detroit team.....that team can count on a big performance from somebody on their bench in a tough game.....Not this team.....

BTW...what am I talking about anyway? Detroit might get knocked off by the Pacers....

Heat in 5, maybe 6.

The guy has been a defensive force in the playoffs.....New Jersey, a bad team? Weren't they one of the hottest teams down the stretch? Washington a bad team? They are a 4th seed....

Outside of the top 2(and maybe Indiana on a good night) the East was dreadful this year. Bad might have been too strong but both NJ and Wash are mediocre teams.

I guess he will be effective against another bad team...Detroit, and those horrible teams Phoenix and San Antonio.....

Detroit and SA are the 2 best teams in the league.

You know squat.
This coming from the guy who predicts Heat in 5 :roflmao:

Detroits bench is garbage.....The Heat rolls 11 players in every game and they score triple digits every game....

Again, that is b/c their starters are very weak and they interchangeable parts so bringing a guy off the bench who is just as good as the mediocre starter so the production does not tail off. When Detroit has to sub for Rasheed, Ben, Billups, Rip and Prince there is a big drop off except when McDyess comes into the game and McDyess is the best sub on either team. Miami only has a drop off when 2 guys come out.

Dooling is clearly better than Arroyo
Mourning is clearly better than McDyese
Butler is clearly a better scorer than anybody on Detroits bench....

For the season Arroyo averaged 5 PPG and 3 assists while dooling averaged 5 pts and 2 assits. CLEARLY Dooling is better :rolleyes: By the way, Arroyo had a 3 to 1 assists to TO ratio while Dooling had a 2 to 1.

Mourning 10 years ago was clearly better but now it's a mismatch in favor of Antonio. I can't wait to see that thief Mourning try to be effective against the front line of Detroit.

Yes Rasual Butler is the greatest player ever to play the game. The eat are the greatst, deepest team. They have all-stars at every position and all-stars coming off the bench :rolleyes: Miami has 2 big time players(1 of them is clearly hurting) and nothing but medicority but they'll steamroll the defending Champs who by the way beat Shaq and his former, better team.

Detroit has a great starting five and nothing else....NOTHING ELSE.....this is not last years Detroit team.....that team can count on a big performance from somebody on their bench in a tough game.....Not this team.....

They don't need a deep bench, they have enough bench help to win. They are superior in the starting 5.

nyjunc said:
6-7 years ago I'd agree w/ you but all'Zo is now is a guy who does ok against bad teams. This is not Alonzo 1997 we are talking about here.

I assume you havnt watched the Heat play in the playoffs. Zo looks like he has had a flashback to the mid 90's. His level and style of play is very similar to what the Pistons get from Ben Wallace.

nyjunc said:
That's b/c they have so many spare parts. They don't have a great starting 5 so they have interchangeable parts that can come in and contribute like the starters. Detroit has a much better starting 5 and they don't have guys who can come in and be as effective as their starters.

The whole point is that the bench does not contribute like the starters. They each have their own niche which differs from that of the starting player.

Anyways I hope Detroit pulls out its series against Indiana. Frankly I think most Heat fans have more fear of the Pacers than the Pistons.

assume you havnt watched the Heat play in the playoffs. Zo looks like he has had a flashback to the mid 90's. His level and style of play is very similar to what the Pistons get from Ben Wallace.

I haven't watched the Wash series but I watched the NJ series and I wasn't impressed. Big deal he can play well against Jason Collins in garbage time. Let's see him do it against bigger and better competition before I agree he's back(and by the way he was never a great player, a good-very good player but never a great player).

Anyways I hope Detroit pulls out its series against Indiana. Frankly I think most Heat fans have more fear of the Pacers than the Pistons.

Detroit is going to win and it's silly of any Heat fan who has never seen their team win anything to think they have a better chance against the Champs than Indiana not a full strength.

Back
Top Bottom