Herbert Chokes Again | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herbert Chokes Again

That will be peanuts compared to the contact Tua will command after this season.
I think the Ninja will do something nice for us, not sure how but I just feel that were dealing with a different human being.

Ninja on the field, humble and conscientious off.

I'll say this, Moore isn't the answer at OC.
Dallas may be struggling with MM running the show, but his offense in Dallas was all fluff/inflated by beating the Skins/Giants/other weak defensive teams. Just has no rhythm/feel for the game imo.

Herbert didn't play that well last night.

Staley’s first choice when he was hired for OC was Mike McD. Shanahan blocked it by promoting McD to OC from run game coordinator.

The problem with that stat is it is one sided. He also looses a ton of games late. As in he is 18-20 in 1 score games in the 4th. A guy like Mahomes doesn't have as many overall 4thQ comebacks because he is clutch and puts the game away before then. Herbert's issue has been he gets worse in the second half. They have blown so many 1st half leads because of it. He has like a 15 point drop in pass rating from the 1st half to the second. That just doesn't cut it in the NFL for winning games, but it does count the same for fantasy football I guess, so he has that going for him.
This was always my problem with the Elway-Marino debate- of course Elway had more 4th quarter comebacks because Denver had to come back to win so many times whereas Marino had his team the lead already.

I have a good friend who lives in LA. He is a Dolphin fan and told me that the NFL wanted a team in the LA area a lot more than the people living in the area did.
LA football fans most definitely wanted a team back in SoCal, it just wasn’t the Rams or Chargers.

This was always my problem with the Elway-Marino debate- of course Elway had more 4th quarter comebacks because Denver had to come back to win so many times whereas Marino had his team the lead already.
Yep, it can be volume related. Better stat would be what is his success rate based on opportunities.

Reminds me of who is the best closer in baseball argument back in the day. I always said Mariano Rivera. But always had idiots claim some other guy based on total amout of saves. Rivera would have like 40 saves in 42 attempts, while the other guy would have like 50+ saves but also 65+ attempts. Not Riveras fault the Yankees won a lot of games by more then 3 runs.

LA football fans most definitely wanted a team back in SoCal, it just wasn’t the Rams or Chargers.
I can agree with that. The team they wanted was the Raiders but the Raiders were smart enough to go to Las Vegas instead.

Last edited:
I think the Ninja will do something nice for us, not sure how but I just feel that were dealing with a different human being.

Ninja on the field, humble and conscientious off.
I hope you are right because I would love to see them be able to keep most of the players on this roster together for the next several years.

I just know that he is represented by the same agency as Deshaun Watson and Zack Prescott and both of them
failed to give their teams a team friendly deal.

I hope you are right because I would love to see them be able to keep most of the players on this roster together for the next several years.

I just know that he is represented by the same agency as Deshaun Watson and Zack Prescott and both of them
failed to give their teams a team friendly deal.
I really don't see how they do it. We are over the cap next year and only have 37 players under contract, including 1/5 of the starting offensive line.

Herbert reminds of an old GF of mine. Lovely hair but always gagging on it when it counts.

I really don't see how they do it. We are over the cap next year and only have 37 players under contract, including 1/5 of the starting offensive line.
Technically he is still under contact next year and they don’t have to sign him to a new contract after this season is over. Yet It will likely cost them a lot more money to sign him after the 2024 season than it will after this season.

Paying a franchise QB his second contract after his rookie contract puts a lot of pressure on the cap for every team but the better front offices figure out a way to deal with it. Hopefully the Dolphins will figure out a way to pay Tua and also keep the highly competitive team around him.

Back
Top Bottom