Herbert Chokes Again | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herbert Chokes Again

Herbert reminds of an old GF of mine. Lovely hair but always gagging on it when it counts.
If I recall correctly, the other JamesW was a HUGE Herbert fan. I certainly don’t want to call anybody out, but it would be interesting to see where he’s at now. Some people have seen the light others are still steadfast in their support.

Hes got all the measurable but dude just doesn’t make plays. He’s like a slightly better Tannehill. Which means the Chargers will likely extend him and extend him again and at the end of it they will have maybe one wildcard playoff win after 8 years with him lol.

Nothing wrong with Herbet. I've been a Tua believer but doesn't mean I don't believe in Herbert.
If anything, Tua is a PRIME example of how important the coach's and offensive scheme are too young QBs.
That being said, Tua > Herbert.

Hes got all the measurable but dude just doesn’t make plays. He’s like a slightly better Tannehill. Which means the Chargers will likely extend him and extend him again and at the end of it they will have maybe one wildcard playoff win after 8 years with him lol.
Haven't we seen this once before with the Chargers?

1200px-Philip_Rivers_2017.jpeg

Sounds a lot like Philip Rivers.

Attachments

• 1200px-Philip_Rivers_2017.jpeg
    1200px-Philip_Rivers_2017.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0

No no no. It’s okay and fair to say Herbert isn’t half of what Brady is in the crunch time. But Herbert’s worst day is still better than Tannehill. Herbert makes plays every game that Tannehill would never. Let’s not overstate here.

I tuned in late for this game. Holy crap, how many Cowboy fans were in L.A tonight?
Yeah Herbert does it again lol. So glad we have Tua!

Charger home games have had a lot in common with Miami's home games over the years. When Miami played LA, it was more like a home game for the Dolphins.

I attended a Dolphins / Chargers game once. Fully 3/4 of the crowd were there to cheer for the Dolphins. It was surreal.

Miami's home games are like this. Every game I have attended at home have had very many fans supporting the opponents. It's just a matter of fact. San Diego (the past) & LA plus Miami are destinations people want to travel to because they do more at these places than just attend a football game.

I hated going to Buffalo that one time. There's nothing to do there. Niagra Falls is so MEH! I've seen it rain harder in South Florida.

Why is it that every Charger game seems to come down to the final possession?

Anyway, final drives for Chargers this year with the game on the line:

Against Miami: down 2, 1:59 left. Turnover on downs without gaining a first down.
Against Tennessee: going to count two drives here since it went to OT. With 2:22 left, down 3, Chargers went 60 yards -- got to the 7 yard line before Herbert was sacked. Settled for a field goal to go OT. In OT, Chargers had ball first.....three and out. Titans kick field goal to win.
Against Minnesota: Chargers did score what would be the winning touchdown with about 7 minutes left to go up 28-24. Vikings drove down the field until they turned it over on downs at the 2 yard line with 3 minutes left. Herbert completed a 13 yard pass on first down, Chargers ran three plays while the Vikings used their time outs. Questionable decision saw the Chargers go for it on fourth down with 1:51 left up 4 on their own 24 and it was stuffed. Unfortunately for Minnesota, they couldn't put it in the end zone and the Chargers won. Not going to blame Herbert on this one as he put them ahead in the fourth quarter and got them out of the shadow of the goal line.
Against Las Vegas: Chargers entered the fourth quarter up 14. Raiders score. Chargers have the ball with about 3 1/2 to play and faced a fourth and one on their own 34 with 3:34 left. Once again, the Chargers 'braintrust' goes for it on fourth and one -- this time with a Herbert sneak -- and fall short. Chargers defense bails them out and stops the Raiders.
Against Dallas: 2:19 left, Chargers get the ball down 3. Herbert throws an interception on third down. Game.

That's not a good combo this year. Chargers could be 5-0 with better coaching but could also easily have been 0-5 with the decisions that coaches have made late in games -- they made what could have been fatal decisions in their two wins only to have the defense bail them out.

Herbert. and I’ve studied his game from top to bottom coming out because it was imperative we chose the right guy.

Really thought he had great potential but I was a Tua guy for various reasons I won’t get into

But I’ve picked up on a little hitch in his release that’s not condusive to the deeper passes.

Why is it that every Charger game seems to come down to the final possession?

Anyway, final drives for Chargers this year with the game on the line:

Against Miami: down 2, 1:59 left. Turnover on downs without gaining a first down.
Against Tennessee: going to count two drives here since it went to OT. With 2:22 left, down 3, Chargers went 60 yards -- got to the 7 yard line before Herbert was sacked. Settled for a field goal to go OT. In OT, Chargers had ball first.....three and out. Titans kick field goal to win.
Against Minnesota: Chargers did score what would be the winning touchdown with about 7 minutes left to go up 28-24. Vikings drove down the field until they turned it over on downs at the 2 yard line with 3 minutes left. Herbert completed a 13 yard pass on first down, Chargers ran three plays while the Vikings used their time outs. Questionable decision saw the Chargers go for it on fourth down with 1:51 left up 4 on their own 24 and it was stuffed. Unfortunately for Minnesota, they couldn't put it in the end zone and the Chargers won. Not going to blame Herbert on this one as he put them ahead in the fourth quarter and got them out of the shadow of the goal line.
Against Las Vegas: Chargers entered the fourth quarter up 14. Raiders score. Chargers have the ball with about 3 1/2 to play and faced a fourth and one on their own 34 with 3:34 left. Once again, the Chargers 'braintrust' goes for it on fourth and one -- this time with a Herbert sneak -- and fall short. Chargers defense bails them out and stops the Raiders.
Against Dallas: 2:19 left, Chargers get the ball down 3. Herbert throws an interception on third down. Game.

That's not a good combo this year. Chargers could be 5-0 with better coaching but could also easily have been 0-5 with the decisions that coaches have made late in games -- they made what could have been fatal decisions in their two wins only to have the defense bail them out.
I'd say they could be 4-1...our win wasn't flukey, Fangio dialed-up the right plays and took 'em down. I don't think their coaching let 'em down against us, but in the others, it played a part.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If you want a tall, elite strong armed QB then Herby is your guy.
If you want a guy that is a great leader, elite accuracy, and winner then Tua is your guy. For me:
Tua Herbert Daddy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom