Herbert is unreal this makes me ill | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herbert is unreal this makes me ill

When the game was on the line tonight , he couldn't get it done. Just like in college. Not sold on either QB yet, they both have a lot to prove. Tua can never be judged fairly until the Dolphins get a decent Running Back.
Except he did get it done. I watched him rally his team from 15 down in the 4th quarter while going 6-6 on 4th down.

In OT his DEFENSE gave up a FG and then he went and got the FG back. Once again his DEFENSE gave up another FG which turned out to be the game winner. How did Justin Herbert not get it done?

Their team specifically defense didn’t get it done. Justin Herbert got it done on his end.

When the game was on the line tonight , he couldn't get it done. Just like in college. Not sold on either QB yet, they both have a lot to prove. Tua can never be judged fairly until the Dolphins get a decent Running Back.

If Herbert was on the Dolphins this year, it would be easy to draw up a defensive plan for him. You play a 3-2-6 defense. Double Waddle on every play. Does he put up anywhere close to the numbers he has in LA, with this offense in Miami

Herbert won the Rose Bowl in last year at Oregon.

If Herbert was on the Dolphins, he would not miss 5.5 games with rib injury,

Except he did get it done. I watched him rally his team from 15 down in the 4th quarter while going 6-6 on 4th down.

In OT his DEFENSE gave up a FG and then he went and got the FG back. Once again his DEFENSE gave up another FG which turned out to be the game winner. How did Justin Herbert not get it done?

Their team specifically defense didn’t get it done. Justin Herbert got it done on his end.
Did he get a W or and L tonight... Last I looked he got the L. Did he get the Touchdown in OT ? .... Thats not getting it done. He may have had good stats but he still didn't get the Win

Did he get a W or and L tonight... Last I looked he got the L. Did he get the Touchdown in OT ? ....Thats not getting it done.
But when Tua doesn’t get it done it’s the rest of the teams fault right?

Sometimes in a game a QB can do everything right and still lose. It happens..

Point is if not for him his team isn’t in that position to win the game to begin with. He gave his defense a couple chances to get a stop and they couldn’t. I don’t put that on him but to each their own I suppose.

Did he get a W or and L tonight... Last I looked he got the L. Did he get the Touchdown in OT ? ....Thats not getting it done.
Thank you, Tua apologist. Great analysis there. Oh, Herbert lost and now Tua and Herbert both aren't in the playoffs so they're the same QB in terms of talent. You're brilliant!!!!!!!!

Anyone at this stage of this sad game that thinks Tua is better than or ever will be better than Justin Herbert is strictly seeing things the way THEY WANT TO SEE THEM. They are not grounded in reality in the least. The guy was otherworldly tonight while being harassed constantly. I felt bad for the ending of his season. SIX different 4th down conversions in the late stages of that game. Just unreal for what was involved with it and the teams that were trying to figure out if they were going home or to the post season. If the Chargers don't give up the 1st down conversion to Jacobs late, it probably ends in a tie and the Steelers are at home and the Chargers are in the post season. Damn unreal game, Chargers down 15 in the 4th and Herbert just not giving up for anything. And for the posters who think the Chargers did all that due to their wide receivers, please learn something about football and try to start to understand what it is you're ACTUALLY seeing on your televisions.
The 4th down conversions were unreal, but you know he could have completed a pass on the first three downs too, right?

Thank you, Tua apologist. Great analysis there. Oh, Herbert lost and now Tua and Herbert both aren't in the playoffs so they're the same QB in terms of talent. You're brilliant!!!!!!!!
All I am saying is I am not sold on him. He hasn't showed me where he can win big games when it counts. He had a chance to get his team in the playoffs tonight, and he failed! . I am not sold on Tua by the way either. Tua still has to show me he can stay healthy.

By the way bro nothing personal! I am having this same argument, with some of my good friends. .. LOL

Last edited:
The 4th down conversions were unreal, but you know he could have completed a pass on the first three downs too, right?
To be fair... Williams dropped a couple and Guyton dropped 1 also during those last couple of drives.

All I am saying is I am not sold on him. He hasn't showed me where he can big win games when it counts. He had a chance to get his team in the playoffs tonight, and he failed! . I am not sold on Tua by the way either.
He had a habit of getting ahead in games and choking them away last year. He failed to finish the season this year.

Anyone who doubts this guy's ability is a fool. But the win/loss record is the same as the Dolphins this year and worse than Tua's overall which is really food for thought.

He had a habit of getting ahead in games and choking them away last year. He failed to finish the season this year.

Anyone who doubts this guy's ability is a fool. But the win/loss record is the same as the Dolphins this year and worse than Tua's overall which is really food for thought.
I am not doubting his ability at all what i am doubting is his ability to win the big games when they count. That was a negative against him coming out of college. Tonight, he couldn't get it done

How were those big blown leads his fault? If Tua put us up by 17-24 points in any game and we lost you wouldn’t find a single person here that blamed Tua for those losses but we’re going to put those same losses on Herbert and say that was his fault?

That’s the double standard that exists on this board between Herbert and Tua and why people keep starting threads about Herbert. What applies to one should apply to the other but that ain’t how it works on here.

If our QB spots us a 2 TD or more lead then we should win the game otherwise it’s on the defense not him.

He is not in the Playoffs just like Tua. His release is slow but he has the ideal arm strength and pocket presence. Again he played great tonight but he has had some bad games this year that is why they are 9-8.

He threw for 5000 yards in a single season. It would take Tia 4 seasons to do this.

Herbert didn’t get it done in the eyes of the Tia supporters.

Herbert reminded me of a young Marino tonight

But it's the way the kid makes plays.

The kid can do so many things Tua could never dream of.

Having a legit NFL arm is a BIG deal.

Having legit NFL height as a QB is a BIG deal.

Having the kind of wheels Herbert has as a QB is a BIG deal.

Tua is totally outclassed by that kid. Sad but true.
Everything thing who've just wrote is why my personal preference for a QB is what it is. Always will and always have preferred a taller, stronger armed QB.

Back
Top Bottom