Herbert is unreal this makes me ill | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herbert is unreal this makes me ill

Everything thing who've just wrote is why my personal preference for a QB is what it is. Always will and always have preferred a taller, stronger armed QB.
Folks around here keep insisting "arm" is not important -- at least having a certified NFL grade BIG arm -- like Rodgers, Mahomes, Herbert, Marino, etc. Well on the other hand -- the rare talents that have a big live arm and accuracy and quick twitch release etc certainly have an advantage of the pee shooters of the league. Same goes with height. And speed. Bigger is better. And faster is better. That said, I think it's a fair statement to say if Tua had Herberts physical gifts he'd be a far superior prospect. >>> Not saying the kid can't carve out an NFL career. But his limitations are glaringly obvious -- and he better be playing with an excellent D and a strong run game bacause the kid just ain't got the tools to impose his will on the other team. Herbert sure looks like an emerging monster! Oh well...

We just finished TWO years after this decision. You can’t let this decision continue to eat you up, especially when we as fans have no control. Just come to grips with it and move on.

I get it.....the game was incredibly exciting.

But a 34 of 64 for 383 game ultimately is game of good and bad.

The Chargers head coach makes Flo look like Belichick.

I'm annoyed that the time out didn't receive more scrutiny and condemnation. It got some, but not nearly as much as warranted if you understood the subtle situational influence. Anyone who assumed the Raiders would have kicked the field goal minus the time out totally whiffed the situational aspect.

Neither team wanted to play for the tie...unless the game reached that extremely unlikely scenario of tied with 2 minutes remaining in overtime, and the team with the ball having a first down but not in scoring territory. At that point it's a blatantly obvious shake/shake situation. No different than each side saying good/good in match play golf. The only one who somehow didn't recognize the situation was Brandon Staley. This idiot is still covering his mouth with the play sheet and somehow oblivious to everything smack in front of him. Every player and coach on that Charger sideline should have tackled him and ripped away the headset.

The Raider first down run was a classic exploratory play. Let's run something obviously non threatening and make sure the other side has figured this out. Okay, so far so good. The numbskull on the other side did not call time out. Two more of these and we can get out of here. Cris Collinsworth at that point said, "You know the Chargers won't call time out."

Yeah, nobody with a brain would call time out. But I'm still watching Staley with his play sheet over his mouth. The Raiders run another harmless play. All the idiot Staley has to do is sit on his *** and stare into the stands. He faces no jeopardy whatsoever.

But once he calls the time out, not only is Collinsworth in disbelief but now the Raiders can't trust the other sideline. That moron is still trying to win the game. That's what the Raiders are thinking. They realize they can't trust the dunce at all on 4th down. He might call his final time out and then try to block a punt.

Consequently the Raiders run a play and once it bursts into field goal range they decide to kick it. But that's not the same as if Staley doesn't call time out and the Raiders run the ball to the same spot on third down. The unspoken gentleman's agreement would still be in place, and well understood. You let it run out and get out of there.

I'm annoyed that the time out didn't receive more scrutiny and condemnation. It got some, but not nearly as much as warranted if you understood the subtle situational influence. Anyone who assumed the Raiders would have kicked the field goal minus the time out totally whiffed the situational aspect.

Neither team wanted to play for the tie...unless the game reached that extremely unlikely scenario of tied with 2 minutes remaining in overtime, and the team with the ball having a first down but not in scoring territory. At that point it's a blatantly obvious shake/shake situation. No different than each side saying good/good in match play golf. The only one who somehow didn't recognize the situation was Brandon Staley. This idiot is still covering his mouth with the play sheet and somehow oblivious to everything smack in front of him. Every player and coach on that Charger sideline should have tackled him and ripped away the headset.

The Raider first down run was a classic exploratory play. Let's run something obviously non threatening and make sure the other side has figured this out. Okay, so far so good. The numbskull on the other side did not call time out. Two more of these and we can get out of here. Cris Collinsworth at that point said, "You know the Chargers won't call time out."

Yeah, nobody with a brain would call time out. But I'm still watching Staley with his play sheet over his mouth. The Raiders run another harmless play. All the idiot Staley has to do is sit on his *** and stare into the stands. He faces no jeopardy whatsoever.

But once he calls the time out, not only is Collinsworth in disbelief but now the Raiders can't trust the other sideline. That moron is still trying to win the game. That's what the Raiders are thinking. They realize they can't trust the dunce at all on 4th down. He might call his final time out and then try to block a punt.

Consequently the Raiders run a play and once it bursts into field goal range they decide to kick it. But that's not the same as if Staley doesn't call time out and the Raiders run the ball to the same spot on third down. The unspoken gentleman's agreement would still be in place, and well understood. You let it run out and get out of there.
Not to mention making the decision to go for it on 4th down from your own 18 yard line in a 3-point game with over 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

As far as the timeout, that blew, but even after that Jacob's went past like 5 Chargers and through the hands of others. They had every opportunity to stop that play for a loss or minimal gain and he went right through them.

Back
Top Bottom