Here is where I will give Joe a TON of credit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here is where I will give Joe a TON of credit

Definitely there is no arguing that. But it in Clay's defense, he was trying to get the first down, seals the game.
I think that's what Philbin mentioned too.
But for sure, it was an inexcusable mistake in that situation.
I think his struggling play caused him to reach for that first down when it was never really there to be had.

That's fair

Leaders don't have to always holler and fistpump.

There's a place for everything.

Actually, he sounds like a baseball manager there, really.
AND
He uses what I call the "Derek Frosty" (The store manager when a young Goonboss
had his first shot at management as a trainee.)

First thing he said was "Welcome to the Domino's Pizza Management Training Program.
EVERYTHING is now your fault." I still believe that, and have adhered to that philosiphy
at any leadership position I've ever been in.

Leadership is such a misunderstood thing, in the army and in football people get confused with making the most noise with being a good leader.

Leadership is such a misunderstood thing, in the army and in football people get confused with making the most noise with being a good leader.
asking, telling, bargaining, and yelling. you gotta balance all of them.

Hayden I told them too. Tony is so bad, and my Dad was so pissed last night watching. The guy can not manage time outs for diddly!!!! And it came out and bit his team in the ass. And it will continue to. using 2 time outs within the first 2 min of 3rd qtr is not smart Tony.

My dad says Rex is in Tony's ear trying to change offensive plays and thats why the personel was all messed up getting on the field. He says Rex trys to over power Sparanos calls haha. Sucks for them! I will be at game before halloween in my costume! (full uniform) I really hope we wear white with green pants so I can sneak on field as a player and take a ton of game worn stuff and give it to you guys lmao. Can't wait to see Tannehill rip that defense apart now that Tannehill has some games under belt with his recievers... Going to be an awesome game.

I think the management deserve credit completely. Primarily because the players that have looked pretty average but full of potential are finally showing their ability. This management are showing that they can improve player performance. On both sides of the ball players are playing above their expected performance. Some credit has to go to the coaching staff for that.

I think the management deserve credit completely. Primarily because the players that have looked pretty average but full of potential are finally showing their ability. This management are showing that they can improve player performance. On both sides of the ball players are playing above their expected performance. Some credit has to go to the coaching staff for that.

Yea gotta agree and that is a very important statment that everyone should read. There is a difference between buying the grocieries and cooking the groceries. Also logically who ever is doing the cooking is in charge of the shopping list for the guy doing the purchasing. This appears to be Irelands best draft ever and it may not be a coindence that Philbin was in Irelands ear probably just like Tony S was pointing out the players he wanted on his team. Looks like we are seeing the results from guys like Jerry, Msi, Carrol and others that many draft gurus on this forum were willing to write off as "Irelands" bust picks suddenly playing at a much higher level than what was expected. Shula was good at doing this with players too getting them to play at a higher level.

Back
Top Bottom