Herman johnson Pro Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herman johnson Pro Day

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
LSU OL Herman Johnson measured in at 6'7/356 at the Tigers' Pro Day.
Johnson has shed nearly 30 pounds since January's Senior Bowl in an effort to show teams he's agile enough to play right tackle. A left guard in college, Johnson projects as a late second- to mid third-round pick.

www.rotoworld.com

I would love for Miami to select this guy, ut i think a guy like Paul Loadholt or Jason Watkins could be there guy.

I don't think we should draft any O-Linemen until the 5th round or later.

Well they are defitnetly eyeing the position and are looking for a Mamoth. So far Paul Loadholt and Jason Watkins along with Johnson have all be shown interest from the Phins.

Well they are defitnetly eyeing the position and are looking for a Mamoth. So far Paul Loadholt and Jason Watkins along with Johnson have all be shown interest from the Phins.

I know they have shown interest, but with all the money invested in the O-Line to this point, I doubt they will spend anything higher than a 5th rounder on one, unless someone drops.

This draft will be used almost entirely on skill position players.

hopefully we dont take a lineman in the first 3 rounds. also, IMO hes to tall for Guard.

I don't think we should draft any O-Linemen until the 5th round or later.
After round 2/3 i could see us just going BPA. With the way things are looking right now this will be a very "bland" draft for offensive gurus. All i know is if this draft goes accordingly we will have a pretty stout defense this year and for years to come

thats good news it shows hes disciplined if hes already lost 30lbs...

Have you seen how tall Leonard Davis. Miami is trying to mimick the Cowboys line. Go to the Dallas Cowboys site and check height and weight and it will more less lead you to know who we be here next year and who wont.

Have you seen how tall Leonard Davis. Miami is trying to mimick the Cowboys line. Go to the Dallas Cowboys site and check height and weight and it will more less lead you to know who we be here next year and who wont.

thats just simply not true.....Miami is trying to build a very good line. Cowboys line has nothing to do with us. right now we have our starters set. unless we trade Satele we have decent depth inside.

as for how tall Leonard Davis is, i know how tall he is. hes 6'6, but i still am a believer that your Guards shouldnt be that tall.

thats just simply not true.....Miami is trying to build a very good line. Cowboys line has nothing to do with us. right now we have our starters set. unless we trade Satele we have decent depth inside.

as for how tall Leonard Davis is, i know how tall he is. hes 6'6, but i still am a believer that your Guards shouldnt be that tall.

Who do you think created Dallas' line, who do you think Coached Dallas line and who was the guy who scouted those players. The answer is simple, Bill Parcels, Tony Sparano and Jeff Ireland. They like huge Olineman and the trend is gonna continue in Miami. The type of players you saw in Dallas are the type of players you are gonna see here. There are gonna creat a line the size of Giants.

All the lineman Miami have been linked to as of late are over 6-3 with the exception Smiley. Berger and Grove just signed and are 6-4 and 6-5. They dont like undersize lineman and they dont like Athletic lineman( Satele). What they like is Huge OLineman who are gonna maul on the NFL undersize defenses. Big Strong Overweight Yetis.

Im guessing you like Athlethic OL who can pull, but that is simply not the philisophy here that fit more of a zone OL. Miami is not looking at guys like Herman Johnson, Jason Watkins, Paul Holdnot and Louis Vasquez for nothing. What they are doing is scouting these players cause they will be drafting one and they simply want a G/T prospect and I love it.

I agree you can never have enough oline help,all it takes is one or two injuries and it can change the whole offense.

Back
Top Bottom