Herman johnson Pro Day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herman johnson Pro Day

Who do you think created Dallas' line, who do you think Coached Dallas line and who was the guy who scouted those players. The answer is simple, Bill Parcels, Tony Sparano and Jeff Ireland. They like huge Olineman and the trend is gonna continue in Miami. The type of players you saw in Dallas are the type of players you are gonna see here. There are gonna creat a line the size of Giants.

lol. your not honestly going to sit here and say because the trifecta had players of these measurements in Dallas, they are going to get the exact same thing in Miami are you? cause your honestly trying to hard if you are.

Parcells last season in the D his starting line was from LT to RT:

6'7 335-6'5 305-6'4 315-6'4 310-6'7 320

The year before that with Dallas:

6'7 335-6'3 325-6'5 305-6'4 310-6'6 347

Last season in Miami:

6'7 310-6'3 305-6'3 295-6'4 310-6'5 350

the only player on the line that didnt have Parcells and company size was Satele and he was replace.

All the lineman Miami have been linked to as of late are over 6-3 with the exception Smiley. Berger and Grove just signed and are 6-4 and 6-5. They dont like undersize lineman and they dont like Athletic lineman( Satele). What they like is Huge OLineman who are gonna maul on the NFL undersize defenses. Big Strong Overweight Yetis.

yes, i know what they like. but to simply state, they only like 6'5 320 pound guys is ridiculous. this is football, not a measurement contest. there are plenty of guys that are maulers that are smaller then 6'5 320. we have 2 of them on our line, they just need to stay healthy.

Im guessing you like Athlethic OL who can pull, but that is simply not the philisophy here that fit more of a zone OL. Miami is not looking at guys like Herman Johnson, Jason Watkins, Paul Holdnot and Louis Vasquez for nothing. What they are doing is scouting these players cause they will be drafting one and they simply want a G/T prospect and I love it.

i like good OL. exactly what the trifecta likes, i dont want a guy that just athletic and gets man handled, and nor a 8 foot sasquach who cant move. they are scouting these players because thats what they do. they scout players during draft time and if they feel the need and value is aligned at that particular time, they will draft him. its definitely not a guarantee they will draft any lineman, but what they will do is cover the area. If they are going to draft a lineman its going to be Mid-Late draft, and looking at who they are talking to and scouting, thats exactly whats going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen how tall Leonard Davis. Miami is trying to mimick the Cowboys line. Go to the Dallas Cowboys site and check height and weight and it will more less lead you to know who we be here next year and who wont.

When was this said? And by whom?

Leonard Davis was Jerry Jones's pick. And Flozell Adams was there before this regime took charge, as was Andre Gurode I believe. If you look at the guy they drafted whilst in Dallas it paints a different picture than a mammoth offensive line.

Mostly they are long and tall, not heavy. Check it out. I would also look at the Giants offensive line, how big are their lineman, are they mammoth style players or are they more athletic and nimble. They did kick a guard out to play left tackle two years ago and never looked back.

You'll find that they are not big massive players, they are pretty tall though for the most part. 2003 was this regimes first draft in Dallas. Look at who was drafted after 2003 and their height and weight. They ahve their choice of anyone they like in the draft, yet they choose these leaner players historically.

Dallas
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=1200&type=team

Giants
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=3410&type=team

Have you seen how tall Leonard Davis. Miami is trying to mimick the Cowboys line. Go to the Dallas Cowboys site and check height and weight and it will more less lead you to know who we be here next year and who wont.

btw, go check out Herman Johnsons profile on one of the better sites around they talk about his height.

http://universaldraft.com/Herman_Johnson.html

Also, as he is 6'7'' and playing guard, he will have a tough time routinely getting as low as his man is. If his man is more of a fireplug at around 6'1'' or 6'2'' he can get under Johnson's pads and neutralize some of the advantage Johnson's size provides. Johnson does have trouble getting down to the same level as other players on the field. As a result he plays over the top of them. Sometimes defenders can dip their shoulder and play underneath his blocks to a good deal of success.
theres more....

When Herman Johnson weighed 365 at the scouting combine he didn't look a bit fat at all. He really carries his weight well. The guy is a fricken monster. His hands measured almost 11 1/2" and his arms are over 36" long.

hopefully we dont take a lineman in the first 3 rounds. also, IMO hes to tall for Guard.

He's not that much taller than Leonard Davis, but the knock on him is his feet aren't quite as good as Davis. That being said, I think Johnson could be like Godzilla driving a giant steamroller at right guard.

I remember when Miami played Dallas in 2007 and Leonard Davis (6'7) went up against Steve Fifita (6'0) and Keith Traylor (6'2) and absolutely dominated them.

Yes, they were both Stalwarts. Fifita may not even be in the league and Traylor was not the guy he before in his career, so if he didn't dominate a 35+ NT and a nobody that may be cause for concern. And considering the season it took place in, I wouldn't put too much into that.

Camarillo had very few catches, the next year he is our leading receiver. 2007 needs to be looked at with a grain of salt.

LSU Pro Day: Herman Johnson

I was just watching Johnson's video interview on NFL.com and he mentioned he was able to lose the weight because they hired him a nutrionist and adjusted his eating habits. Herman also mentioned that four teams (Miami, San Diego, Tampa Bay and Chicago) have showed the most interest in him and have projected him as a late first to mid second round draftee.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f4b22c

A G who can play RT in a pinch would be HUGE for us

Carey is invaluable as abackup LT but if he gets hurt then who plays RT

some of you guys just dont get it. The fins lost last years playoff game because their OL got dominated by the Ravens. We have done very little to improve that OL and are counting on two injured players. Can Smiley play an entire season? How about Grove? for that matter what do we really know about Thomas? On top of that we have ZERO depth at OT.

IMO, the two positions the Fins "have" to address are the DB (CB to be specific) and the OL (at the minimum we have to add depth to the OG and OT positions).

Guys Im sorry, but I fail to believe this team wastes it precious time on talent they are not thinking about drafting. If you back to reports from last year Miami has been wanting to create a Giant line. They started the process by drafting Long,Kept Carey and drafted two G who are 6-4. They signed Berger at 6-5 and Grove at 6-4. I understand that you say you like good lineman, but dont say Miami is just scouting these guys as due degligence. This team has a board with 100 plus players with some they love, some they like and some who are alright. If the are looking at these guys it is with the intention of bringing them in and anyways if the idea is of drafting a player who can play G/T you want a guy who is atleast 6-5 cause he would have to play Tackle.

some of you guys just dont get it. The fins lost last years playoff game because their OL got dominated by the Ravens. We have done very little to improve that OL and are counting on two injured players. Can Smiley play an entire season? How about Grove? for that matter what do we really know about Thomas? On top of that we have ZERO depth at OT.

IMO, the two positions the Fins "have" to address are the DB (CB to be specific) and the OL (at the minimum we have to add depth to the OG and OT positions).

Have to agree a 100 %, that is why OL is a position of need. While we have our starters set in Long, Smiley, Grove, Thomas and Carey our backups look very weak Ndukwe (guy started all season and was ok) but Alleman sucked, Satele is not liked and Murphy could be a bust. Who the hell is gonna backup Carey and Long. Frye or Turner, yea right.

Excellent post.

First anyone who think the O-line is set...needs to re-think that some more. We have added a center....thats all.

We have two starting guards that are coming off injuries...and after a few games...are we sure they are the right players to start? Selecting a guard especially a large guard that can also play RT in a need just makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom