High Praises for John Beck | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

High Praises for John Beck

Pompy

Starter
Reaction score
Newcomer John Beck could give Troy Smith a run for his money at No. 2 on the quarterback depth chart; “John’s really smart and he picks up the offense quickly,” coach John Harbaugh said. “He’s been in this offense before, which probably helps him. He can really throw. He’s got a quick, compact release. He throws a good, tight, accurate ball.” :crazy: That's the coach that kick our coach's butt twice last year.... Good move Sparano.

John Beck couldn't hold the jockstrap of Penny, Henne or White.

I wish Beck good luck in Baltimore but I would not put alot of stock in things a coach says about a guy in camp in May. Its only natural that he is going to talk the pick up and praise the guys potential. Beck may win the #2 job up there but I would not put alot of stock in things being said this early. They are not going to sign him and then come out and say how his release looks flat a week later. Thats not how its done at all, LOL

Shula, there is really no reason for them to praise him at this point either unless that's how they feel.......

Shula, there is really no reason for them to praise him at this point either unless that's how they feel.......
They praise everyone this time of year. It makes their moves look good. Plus he was probably specifically asked about Beck anyhow. What is he going to say when a reporter asks him about Beck? That he blows?

They also said something similar about Tavares Gooden:
"Tavares looked fast," Harbaugh said. "To me, he looked like a linebacker. He was really patient, stayed square, played downhill, stayed on the backside of the play. It wasn't just running around like crazy. He played fast as a linebacker, which is good to see.

It's just coach speak.

Tyler, I don't think that most coaching staffs care one bit about what others think about the moves that they make. If he was asked a direct question about Beck, he could have answered without praising or bashing him....

This is not coachspeak...

http://www.profootball24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=29&id=3458&view=archive

[FONT='Georgia','serif']"Some notes and observations from a relatively uneventful day at the Ravens mandatory mini-camp…Ray Lewis looks like he’s added even more muscle to his torso…For those hoping that Jerry Porter can return to form, don’t hold your breath. He didn’t resemble anyone looking to make an impression. Kelley Washington was the best of the three wide receiver non-roster invites, catching 25 yard scoring strikes from both Troy Smith and John Beck. Tab Perry made a very nice catch on a ball thrown well behind him by UDFA QB Drew Willy…Beck was very impressive and delivered balls on time and into small windows. Besides the strike to Washington, he also hit Justin Harper on a couple of scoring tosses in the red zone. Beck outplayed Smith today."[/FONT]

Cedar, I pretty much agree with your post. IMO, he's just saying that the players are performing well right now. I do not get the feeling from reading the information that any battles have been won.

DJ, thanks for that link! I really think that Beck is a much better player than many on this board feel he is. It remains to be seen as to how he will shape up long term....

I was listening to a local sports station in Baltimore, and they said the same thing Beck looks really sharp and was throwing tight spirals and is out playing Troy Smith. But it is just the beginning, of what he has learned sitting last year behind Pennington he is bigger also. They also made the comment that he zippeds the ball in tight spaces, and is very accrate. I think the trifecta messed up.

http://www.profootball24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=29&id=3458&view=archive

[FONT='Georgia','serif']"Some notes and observations from a relatively uneventful day at the Ravens mandatory mini-camp…Ray Lewis looks like he’s added even more muscle to his torso…For those hoping that Jerry Porter can return to form, don’t hold your breath. He didn’t resemble anyone looking to make an impression. Kelley Washington was the best of the three wide receiver non-roster invites, catching 25 yard scoring strikes from both Troy Smith and John Beck. Tab Perry made a very nice catch on a ball thrown well behind him by UDFA QB Drew Willy…Beck was very impressive and delivered balls on time and into small windows. Besides the strike to Washington, he also hit Justin Harper on a couple of scoring tosses in the red zone. Beck outplayed Smith today."[/font]
Give the guy a sticker. He had a good minicamp practice. That doesnt mean he is any good or that the coach thinks he is good. When Harbough was asked about Beck he gave coach speak. He is not going to tell the truth. If you guys can't see this then you are delusional.

Back
Top Bottom