Highlights of our new tight end! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Highlights of our new tight end!

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

I don’t know about you, but after watching that I’m excited. I guess all of those mocks having us taking a tight end in the first 2 picks are gonna have to be changed. This guy looks very good…

He looks real good at making the defense miss in the open field. But I did notice that he has a bad tell on screen passes.

the YAC is what gets my attention for sure.......we need that outside of Hill and Waddle

the YAC is what gets my attention for sure.......we need that outside of Hill and Waddle
#1 in that dept over last three years amongst tight ends.

He does have that specific skill to stop momentum quickly to juke and accelerate quickly to outrun.

The key to whether there is more ceiling for him and what is the reason he’s on his fourth team is route running..

If your aren’t uncovering with good precise route running with these dbacks and fast linebackers than that lowers the effectiveness on game day

Gesicki was athletic but did not have precision in any of his movement.

So it will be interesting to see if that’s a weakness in Smith

The Patriots traded Smith to the Falcons in 2023 for a 7th round draft pick. They decided to go with Gesicki instead and Smith put up much better stats in Atlanta than Gesicki did in New England.

Just another reason Belichick is no longer the Patriots HC.

He does have that specific skill to stop momentum quickly to juke and accelerate quickly to outrun.

The key to whether there is more ceiling for him and what is the reason he’s on his fourth team is route running..

If your aren’t uncovering with good precise route running with these dbacks and fast linebackers than that lowers the effectiveness on game day

He seems great at finding a spot...can he play with super-timing stuff? We'll have to wait and see...but I like the guy!

Many passes in the highlights were rifle shots from the QB hitting him in a soft spot...can Tua play that game? They need to build some chemistry before the pre-season!

having Hill and Waddle should help create opportunities for Smith....of course we said that about other players last year(Wilson/Berrios) and it didn’t happen but that was more McDaniel and Tua just forcing everything to Hill and Waddle......if they want to have a better more balance offense then they will go to Smith and others a bit more this year

Notice:

He is a good pass-catching TE like Gesicki.

But unlike Gesicki...

- He gets huge YAC.

- Very hard to bring down at 1st contact.

- Can actually pass and run block if needed.

- Agile enough to almost look like a RB with the ball.

-Is more consistent game to game, and not 1 great game, 2 disappearing acts the next 2 to 3 games.

-Great at catching balls high like Gesicki, but also can catch under thrown, slightly over thrown, and great concentration to catch a ball in heavy traffic or deep.

I think Tua is going to like Smith very much....D-Coordinator, not so much with yet another area of the offense to worry about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom