Highlights of our new tight end! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Highlights of our new tight end!

having Hill and Waddle should help create opportunities for Smith....of course we said that about other players last year(Wilson/Berrios) and it didn’t happen but that was more McDaniel and Tua just forcing everything to Hill and Waddle......if they want to have a better more balance offense then they will go to Smith and others a bit more this year
it should in theory but like I said, a good d back or coverage linebacker can stick on a tight end in coverage making him ineffective with one on one coverage, so Smiths ability to separate separate the great ones

He seems great at finding a spot...can he play with super-timing stuff? We'll have to wait and see...but I like the guy!

Many passes in the highlights were rifle shots from the QB hitting him in a soft spot...can Tua play that game? They need to build some chemistry before the pre-season!
I think it’s a great question and yet to be determined by the way the scheme and Qb operate right now

So if Tua is gonna run the offense like he did last year it really doesn’t allow a check down or time to survey the field for an underneath option to come open.

Tua is getting rid of the ball faster than anyone in the game so either he chooses Smith to go to on a timing based route or we start to run more of a traditional drop back set and go through reads where he needs more time to find his tight end or create more time in his own and then find his tight end.

Really the scheme, Qb, and designer of the offense is in a little pickle here, there’s a reason why Tua led the league in passing, and it’s because dropping and firing the ball faster than anyone capitalizes on his two strengths, speed of release and accuracy.

it should in theory but like I said, a good d back or coverage linebacker can stick on a tight end in coverage making him ineffective with one on one coverage, so Smiths ability to separate separate the great ones
If he does well, Ezukama comes back and continues on the trajectory he was on before he got injured last year, and if we maybe draft one of the excellent prospects in this years WR class with one of our first 2 picks we should really keep opposing defenses hands full…

I think it’s a great question and yet to be determined by the way the scheme and Qb operate right now

So if Tua is gonna run the offense like he did last year it really doesn’t allow a check down or time to survey the field for an underneath option to come open.

Tua is getting rid of the ball faster than anyone in the game so either he chooses Smith to go to on a timing based route or we start to run more of a traditional drop back set and go through reads where he needs more time to find his tight end or create more time in his own and then find his tight end.

Really the scheme, Qb, and designer of the offense is in a little pickle here, there’s a reason why Tua led the league in passing, and it’s because dropping and firing the ball faster than anyone capitalizes on his two strengths, speed or release and accuracy.
That might depend upon some improved pass blocking as well…

That might depend upon some improved pass blocking as well…
absolutely, and therefore the dilemma still is staring at you.

Longer protection requires a change to the scheme to execute.

So what do you do, stick with what Tua and the scheme where it because #1 in passing or changing it up?

If he does well, Ezukama comes back and continues on the trajectory he was on before he got injured last year, and if we maybe draft one of the excellent prospects in this years WR class with one of our first 2 picks we should really keep opposing defenses hands full…
Yeah I’m not who’s gonna give up on Ez, he’s too talented and strong

absolutely, and therefore the dilemma still is staring at you.

Longer protection requires a change to the scheme to execute.

So what do you do, stick with what Tua and the scheme where it because #1 in passing or changing it up?
I think we improve the Oline and its depth if we can, and then add to the scheme. Tua’s fine, hopefully they won’t be so paranoid about his concussions this year and add a no huddle attack, and with an improved line give him another 3/4 of a second or so to allow certain routes to develop. And they can design some more checkdowns that are maybe quicker to develop.

I think we improve the Oline and its depth if we can, and then add to the scheme. Tua’s fine, hopefully they won’t be so paranoid about his concussions this year and add a no huddle attack, and with an improved line give him another 3/4 of a second or so to allow certain routes to develop. And they can design some more checkdowns that are maybe quicker to develop.
We don’t have to change the scheme, we just need to add some more targets that can get separation and get open that don’t drop the ball (I’m talking you you Chase Clayppool), preferably with some size.

And we need to develop those parts of the scheme appropriately.

It would also be nice to integrate some more play action, that also buys time.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

makes sense

My favorite play from his highlights is this one. It accomplishes 2 things: One, it provides underneath option when teams drop their LBs to stop Hill & Waddle from destroying the 2 high safety look. Additionally, it attacks the top threat to the offense (edge players blowing up QB & RB in backfield) by sending a player at him with multiple options (blocking & receiving).

My favorite play from his highlights is this one. It accomplishes 2 things: One, it provides underneath option when teams drop their LBs to stop Hill & Waddle from destroying the 2 high safety look. Additionally, it attacks the top threat to the offense (edge players blowing up QB & RB in backfield) by sending a player at him with multiple options (blocking & receiving).

Yeah that’s nice…

Back
Top Bottom