Hockey Question.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hockey Question....

unifiedtheory said:
I find it interesting that EVERY year the Fyler's fans talk about "we are the best team in the East/this is the year/we are dominant" and then every year they fall FLAT ON THEIR COLLECTIVE ***** in the playoffs.

The Flyers will NEVER win anything until Bobby Clark realizes they need a LEGIT #1 goaltender to win in the playoffs. He's had a million years to find one yet always fails.

Injuries? EVERY team has injuries. I'll admit the Flyers have had quite a few but Clark is the one who signed injury prone players. Peter Forsberg, the best player in the world, has'nt been healthy for years.

You'd figure he would know that he needs a #1 goalie more then anybody. Bernie Parent won him his Cup rings.

I'm not chiming in as a Rangers fan BTW...just a nuetral observer.

i used to love that guy - was actually a leaf once before he got selected into the wha...

parent-1.gif

PeaTearGriffin said:
Jagr has the best shot in hockey and now that they can't hold him to slow him down, its get plenty of open looks, so yes the rule changes are a big deal for how well they are doing

Imagine if the Flyers took Jaromir in the 1990 draft. But instead we got the superstar services of the immortal Mike Ricci, what a gem he turned out to be. :cry:

unifiedtheory said:
I find it interesting that EVERY year the Fyler's fans talk about "we are the best team in the East/this is the year/we are dominant" and then every year they fall FLAT ON THEIR COLLECTIVE ***** in the playoffs.

The Flyers will NEVER win anything until Bobby Clark realizes they need a LEGIT #1 goaltender to win in the playoffs. He's had a million years to find one yet always fails.

Injuries? EVERY team has injuries. I'll admit the Flyers have had quite a few but Clark is the one who signed injury prone players. Peter Forsberg, the best player in the world, has'nt been healthy for years.

You'd figure he would know that he needs a #1 goalie more then anybody. Bernie Parent won him his Cup rings.

I'm not chiming in as a Rangers fan BTW...just a nuetral observer.

Does someone has that "CAPTAIN OBVIOUS" picture again?

unifiedtheory said:

Lol, i wasn't knocking you or anything. You made a really solid post, however even the people in Philadelphia realize and have realized that we haven't had a championship Caliber Goalie since Ron Hextall was in his peak, it appears Bob Clarke has TRIED to fix that problem, but it's hardly working. If he wasn't a Flyer Hall of Famer and one of team owner Ed Sniders personal favorites, he'd have been fired long ago. But goalie or no goalie as long as the Flyers compete every year he wont be going anywhere which much to our dismay here in Philly means that a goalie just may never come. :(

Back
Top Bottom