Holmes to miss multiple games. Foot x-rays being passed arond. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holmes to miss multiple games. Foot x-rays being passed arond.

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ts-expect-santonio-holmes-miss-multiple-games

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets still don't have a diagnosis of Santonio Holmes' foot injury, but they expect their top wide receiver to miss multiple games.

Coach Rex Ryan confirmed Monday that X-rays of Holmes' left foot, taken Sunday at MetLife Stadium, were negative. Holmes underwent an MRI exam Monday morning, but Ryan claimed they didn't have the results, saying they were "shipped to different places."
Holmes is likely seeking a second opinion. Ryan said doctors haven't determined whether it's muscle or ligament damage. Doctors ruled out an Achilles tendon injury.

Wonder if holmes is hoping a second opinion will get him out of playing the rest of the season?

Wonder if rex is taking a copy of those foot photos home with him to study?

The way holmes tossed that football looked like he didn't care about the game, i know he was in pain but it looked odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ts-expect-santonio-holmes-miss-multiple-games

Wonder if holmes is hoping a second opinion will get him out of playing the rest of the season?

Wonder if rex is taking a copy of those foot photos home with him to study?

The way holmes tossed that football looked like he didn't care about the game, i know he was in pain but it looked odd.

It certainly seemed that way. I have seen a lot of guys get injured and their main concern was to still make the play. Like you said, Holmes was in pain, but there is no reason to toss the ball up right towards the defender like that. I don't think he cared about the game at that point and was only concerned about himself. This is not anything that everyone doesn't already know though. Holmes has always been a selfish player.

It certainly seemed that way. I have seen a lot of guys get injured and their main concern was to still make the play. Like you said, Holmes was in pain, but there is no reason to toss the ball up right towards the defender like that. I don't think he cared about the game at that point and was only concerned about himself. This is not anything that everyone doesn't already know though. Holmes has always been a selfish player.

Yeah, it seemed very odd. I've seen players get destroyed and still hang on the football somehow. I've never seen anyone throw away the ball the way he did. He is a selfish player and I hope he gets released in 2014. His 2013 salary is fully guaranteed so there's no point in releasing him any time soon.

Holmes gave himself up, the play should have been whistled dead

Holmes gave himself up, the play should have been whistled dead

No, I don't think so. Holmes didn't go to the ground to give himself up. He fell because he hurt his foot. There is a big difference. As soon as he hit the ground, he tossed the ball right to the defender. It was a stupid / selfish play. I don't believe he was thinking that he was declaring himself down by tossing the ball. I believe that he didn't care what happened after injuring himself. You could argue that it could have been ruled a forward fumble / pass, but he wasn't trying to do either.

No, I don't think so. Holmes didn't go to the ground to give himself up. He fell because he hurt his foot. There is a big difference. As soon as he hit the ground, he tossed the ball right to the defender. It was a stupid / selfish play. I don't believe he was thinking that he was declaring himself down by tossing the ball. I believe that he didn't care what happened after injuring himself. You could argue that it could have been ruled a forward fumble / pass, but he wasn't trying to do either.

he fell b/c he got hurt and was down before throwing the ball up. The play should have been whistled dead. It wasn't as soon as he hit the ground, he was down already making no attempt to get up when he flipped it up.

They blew that replay review as well as the Epps fumble on the Tebow pass. That's not why we lost but they were horrific calls.

nyjunc;1064442903[B said:
]Holmes gave himself up, the play should have been whistled dead[/B]

You don't know what your talking about, a player can give themselves up to avoid the hit, but the play isn't dead until the defense touches him, at which point he had already thrown a live ball into the hands of the defender. Looks like the Jets will be drafting a new QB this year. :boohoo:

You don't know what your talking about, a player can give themselves up to avoid the hit, but the play isn't dead until the defense touches him, at which point he had already thrown a live ball into the hands of the defender. Looks like the Jets will be drafting a new QB this year. :boohoo:

Section 2 Dead Ball
Article 1: Dead Ball Declared.

(e) when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and
making no effort to advance;

http://static.nfl.com/static/conten.../pdfs/10_Rule7_BallInPlay_DeadBall_Scrimm.pdf

did he make any effort to advance the ball? and effort to get up? No, it was a bad call. this did not cost us the game, we were losing anyway but it was a bad call.

Junk is such a homer: if Mussolini had been a jet, he'd ignore the fascism, war criminality and mass murder instead pointing out how great it was that he made the trains run on time.

I love when the biggest homer on the board calls someone else a homer and I really love when he has 2 usernames coming after me.

Must be a lot of swelling for the MRI's to still be so inconclusive. If he had a Lisfranc that probably would have shown up on an X-ray. He tore something in there, seems like.

Back
Top Bottom