Home Run Derby this year is a joke | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Home Run Derby this year is a joke

If Manny wanted to be a Yankee so bad then why didn't he sign with them in the winter of 1999? And don't give me any of that because the Yankees didn't want him crap.

It was the winter of '01 and Giambi was the prize of the FA market :( so we got Giambi instead of Sideshow manny. I said MANYY wants to be a Yankee so bad NOt the Yankees wanted Manny so bad anyway.

You guys wouldnt take Mariah Carey, even now?

Even now? Now she looks horrible, she's way too big. W/ that said if I was single then yeah i'd still take a turn but i'd prefer younger, better shape mariah.

RWhitney014 said:
That's BS. The Marlins traded Ryan Dempster to Cincy for Juan Encarnacion and Wilton Guerrero during the AS Break in 2001. Then, later that day, they sent Guerrero along with Cliff Floyd to Montreal in return for Graeme Lloyd, Mike Mordecai, and your b*tch, as you like to call him. So unless that's a new rule, I don't believe it for a second.

BOSTON -- The Boston Red Sox tried to bolster their struggling bullpen Wednesday, acquiring right-hander Chad Bradford from the Oakland Athletics in a trade for outfielder Jay Payton and cash considerations.

Still think its BS?? ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2107231

Nope you're wrong Manny was the Sox big FA signing FOR the 2001 season, and the Yankees signed Mussina as their big FA signing FOR the 2001, the Giambi signing was the next year FOR the 2002 season.

And how and why does Manny want to be a Yankee so bad? Because they're America's team right? Again like I said IF Manny wanted to be a Yankee so bad he would have signed with them that offseason I'm sure George would have been happy to sign him to a deal to get him in LF/DH instead of Chuck Knoblauch, Chili Davis, Chad Curtis,Shane Spencer, Ricky Leedee, David Justice, Jose Canseco, Cecil Fielder,Rubuen Sierra or Glennallen Hill (the Yankees previous LFers before 2001).

I don't think it was a joke...Bobby Abreu kicked a$$.....

GO PHILS

FaninPatsyLand said:

Haha, the BS part was that teams couldn't make a deal during the All-Star Break. Considering that deal, Preston Wilson becoming a National, Eric Byrnes becoming a Rockie, and Joe Kennedy become an Athletic, I don't think there's a trade moratorium during the break.

But thanks for making my point for me. :D

Ray Finkle said:
Nope you're wrong Manny was the Sox big FA signing FOR the 2001 season, and the Yankees signed Mussina as their big FA signing FOR the 2001, the Giambi signing was the next year FOR the 2002 season.

And how and why does Manny want to be a Yankee so bad? Because they're America's team right? Again like I said IF Manny wanted to be a Yankee so bad he would have signed with them that offseason I'm sure George would have been happy to sign him to a deal to get him in LF/DH instead of Chuck Knoblauch, Chili Davis, Chad Curtis,Shane Spencer, Ricky Leedee, David Justice, Jose Canseco, Cecil Fielder,Rubuen Sierra or Glennallen Hill (the Yankees previous LFers before 2001).

WOW! That's the first Glenallen Hill reference I have seen in a looooooooooonng time! Congrats, Ray!

I apologize you are right, it was Manny vs. Moose and we chose Moose.

He wasn't going to take a huge paycut and we decided Moose was more important. Don't you remember the huge controversy 2 years ago when he sat out a Yankee game and he was talking to some Yanks at the team Hotel and said he wanted to be a Yank. It was a huge controversy. By the way when we had Chuck Knoblauch, Chili Davis, Chad Curtis,Shane Spencer, Ricky Leedee, David Justice, Jose Canseco, Cecil Fielder,Rubuen Sierra or Glennallen Hill (the Yankees previous LFers before 2001) we did pretty well, didn't we?

nyjunc said:
I apologize you are right, it was Manny vs. Moose and we chose Moose.

He wasn't going to take a huge paycut and we decided Moose was more important. Don't you remember the huge controversy 2 years ago when he sat out a Yankee game and he was talking to some Yanks at the team Hotel and said he wanted to be a Yank. It was a huge controversy. By the way when we had Chuck Knoblauch, Chili Davis, Chad Curtis,Shane Spencer, Ricky Leedee, David Justice, Jose Canseco, Cecil Fielder,Rubuen Sierra or Glennallen Hill (the Yankees previous LFers before 2001) we did pretty well, didn't we?

Yes I remember the controvery 2 years ago, it was Joe Morgan that reported it because he "over heard" Manny apparently saying that to Enique Wilson during batting practice. Personally I never believe anything anyone says anymore because the media always likes to stir up crap with players (like last week with the Yankees apparently trying to trade Sheffield). I was honestly shocked that the Yankees didn't sign Manny that offseason because Manny lived 5 minutes away from Yankee Stadium and I remember telling everyone that I thought it was a lock he'd be a Yankee.

And there's no question that the Yankees got it done with those guys in LF and at the DH position, all I was trying to say is if Steinberner or the fans had a choice I'm sure they would probably pick Manny over all of those guys, just like I'm sure Red Sox fans would love to have Paul O'Neill playign rightfield instead of Trot.

And thanks for the props for Glennallen Hill. Eventhough I'm a Red Sox fan, believe it or not I probably know as much about the Yankee team and their history as many die hard Yankee fans do (I live in CT and never had NESN so I always watched the Yankees on MSG and now watch them on YES and I listen to WFAN daily).

Back
Top Bottom