Honest opinion of the AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honest opinion of the AFC East

beam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1) New England- This team is no doubt at this point the beast of the east. They lost Washington and Woody but that won't hurt to much. The addition of Dillion is huge. Did everyone forget how good this guy is. He was hurt last year and run out of town for a younger back. Dillion is a 1300 yard a year back on the Bunguls. This addition will only help that short sidline to sideline passing game that Brady does so well. I hate to say this but unless there is a letdown they will be tough to beat.

2) Miami- At this time I will put the Phins as second in the east. They were 10-6 last year and made some improvements. The biggest question on this team is obviously QB. Who if anyone will step up and take this team to the next level. The addition of Boston or the up and coming of Chambers will not amount to anything if nobody can get the ball to them. Also Ricky won't be half as effective if team just stuff up 8 in the box all day. The deffense is definatly one of the best in the league, but they need to sign Ogun. This D is one year older and can't lose one half of the best DE combo in the league. He and Taylor make each other better.

3) Buffalo- Based on last seasons results and this years questions they are third in this division at this time. This time is much improved and will battle the Phins all year long IMO. Will Bledsoe bounce back from a horrific 2003? Will McGahee be the player the Bills hope he is and give them that one two punch at RB that could be deadly? Will McNally make the O-line as good as it can be? If the answers to these questions are yes then Buffalo will challenge this division. If the answers are no then it may be a long season. Just like Miami the D is one of the best in the league. The loss of Winfield hurts, but Vincent will fill in fine and add one thing this D lacks, turnovers.

4) New York Jets- The Jets will be better then most people are giving them credit for, but in this division it won't show that much. Having Pennington healthy is a huge plus and Martin is still a great back, but the rest of the O has two many holes. They also have by far and away the worst D in the Division. There LB corp. is on a permenent rebuild process and they just don't have the top 5 or 10 D that the rest of the division has.

This is an honest opinion from a Bills fan. I like this site and would like to have serious discussions with Phins fans. It gets boring with everything saying the same thing over and over about how great your team is/going to be. It's always good to see things from a different prospective without in my case red/white/blue glasses, and in phins fans teal/orange glasses on.

I think all we really know is that we'll be surprised by some team in the AFC East who is really good and nobody necessarily thought they would be, and we'll be surprised by some team thats really bad and everyone thought they'd be good.

beam said:
1) New England- This team is no doubt at this point the beast of the east. They lost Washington and Woody but that won't hurt to much. The addition of Dillion is huge. Did everyone forget how good this guy is. He was hurt last year and run out of town for a younger back. Dillion is a 1300 yard a year back on the Bunguls. This addition will only help that short sidline to sideline passing game that Brady does so well. I hate to say this but unless there is a letdown they will be tough to beat.

2) Miami- At this time I will put the Phins as second in the east. They were 10-6 last year and made some improvements. The biggest question on this team is obviously QB. Who if anyone will step up and take this team to the next level. The addition of Boston or the up and coming of Chambers will not amount to anything if nobody can get the ball to them. Also Ricky won't be half as effective if team just stuff up 8 in the box all day. The deffense is definatly one of the best in the league, but they need to sign Ogun. This D is one year older and can't lose one half of the best DE combo in the league. He and Taylor make each other better.

3) Buffalo- Based on last seasons results and this years questions they are third in this division at this time. This time is much improved and will battle the Phins all year long IMO. Will Bledsoe bounce back from a horrific 2003? Will McGahee be the player the Bills hope he is and give them that one two punch at RB that could be deadly? Will McNally make the O-line as good as it can be? If the answers to these questions are yes then Buffalo will challenge this division. If the answers are no then it may be a long season. Just like Miami the D is one of the best in the league. The loss of Winfield hurts, but Vincent will fill in fine and add one thing this D lacks, turnovers.

4) New York Jets- The Jets will be better then most people are giving them credit for, but in this division it won't show that much. Having Pennington healthy is a huge plus and Martin is still a great back, but the rest of the O has two many holes. They also have by far and away the worst D in the Division. There LB corp. is on a permenent rebuild process and they just don't have the top 5 or 10 D that the rest of the division has.

This is an honest opinion from a Bills fan. I like this site and would like to have serious discussions with Phins fans. It gets boring with everything saying the same thing over and over about how great your team is/going to be. It's always good to see things from a different prospective without in my case red/white/blue glasses, and in phins fans teal/orange glasses on.

Actually, it's Aqua and Orange. Get it right, man. :jk: Good post. Hard to argue with too much you said. Although I don't think the Bills are quite as good as you think they will be...yet. Probably one year away from competing. Just my opinion.

beam said:

Good post. I tend to agree with what you have summarized. It's nice to have an outside opinion that isn't looking to go into other team's boards and start to kick sand. What do you feel has been the BIll's biggest offseason change other than the coaching staff?

Good post....I don't think the Jets are any good however. I think they'll be hard pressed to win a game within the division this year. Too much offense for the Jets D to handle. Unless their O can score 30+ a game, they won't win much, and I don't the ) is that good.

well i have a feeling we will rock this year and this time its the offense that will make some noise, its just not possible to be not successfull with this kind of players on offense.

Phinadict said:
Good post. I tend to agree with what you have summarized. It's nice to have an outside opinion that isn't looking to go into other team's boards and start to kick sand. What do you feel has been the BIll's biggest offseason change other than the coaching staff?
Without a doubt the draft of Lee Evans. This will alow Reed to go back to the slot where he excelled two years ago. I'm not looking for Pro Bowl numbers out of a rookie, but if he can stretch the field it will open up a ton for Moulds and Reed. It will also give more options to Bledsoe and let him get rid of the ball.

Agreed. Good overall post. How much does Drew have left in him? Is Losman really going to be the replacement when Drew goes down permanently?

PlowHorse34 said:
Agreed. Good overall post. How much does Drew have left in him? Is Losman really going to be the replacement when Drew goes down permanently?
Hopefully permanently is not for another two years. I think if that's the case JP Losman can come in and be very good. The things I have seen out of this kid are great. He has all the tools and desire needed to suceed. Also he has good coaching with Sam Wyche, and Bledsoe showed he can help groom a young QB. Just ask Brady who has a lot of respect and gives credit to Bledsoe for teaching him a lot.

Good post. I think the Bills are just as close as anyone. Bills had a great D last year and great O the year before, if they can just find the balance in between could surprise everyone. It'll be an interesting season and all our divisional games will be as important as playoff games. This is gonna be a juiced season and I can't fuggin wait!

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Good post. I think the Bills are just as close as anyone. Bills had a great D last year and great O the year before, if they can just find the balance in between could surprise everyone. It'll be an interesting season and all our divisional games will be as important as playoff games. This is gonna be a juiced season and I can't fuggin wait!

Actually I agree with you..I actually think the Bills are the most dangerous team in this division right now. The pats we know, the Jets D may keep them away for a year, but the Bills have one of the best D's in the league, a revamp O in terms of how it's run. They have cohersion on the OL and backfield, that's 3/4 the battle right there. The WR's we know Moulds and Reed..Evans is the gun we're get to know. This team is every bit as good in my mind as NE. And because of all the turnover we had on O, a tad bit better than Miami. The difference is mute..bottom line, if our OL and QB positions don't show up each week to the dance, this will be a long season for Miami. NE and Buff are just adding to what they already had without all the turnover. that's the difference.

Great thread.

I agree. At this point in time 1. Pats 2. fins 3. bills 4. Jets. There are a lot of if's regarding the AFCE that could change all that.

Its kind of amazing how teams can go from 5-11ish to getting to the Super Bowl (Carolina) and even winning it (NE and Baltimore). Its whats great about the NFL, from year to year, everyone has a chance.

There's always a surprise in the AFCE, who knows what its going to be this year? I have no clue. :)

beam said:

Very good, post, can't argue with any of it, but there is one thing that has to be remembered. The Patriots although a worthy superbowl team last year, they were also not the most talented team to play in the AFC (They were not the most talented in the AFC East), but what they had was great Coaching, and after getting destroyed by the Bills, and losing a big piece of the D in Lawyer Molloy, they regrouped, and played way above their heads, but still were not over powering by any means, don't forget that in that winning streak, a lot of those game could have easily gone the other way. They played no mistake football, and took advantage when the other team made mistakes, but they were not dominant.

Getting Dillion was a great move, and they had a very good draft, which makes me also agree that they are a better team this year, but they still are not the most talented team in the AFC east, and if Bellichek can't again get them to play above their heads, they are not going to be anywhere as successful as they were last year. Dillion is a great pickup, but the line lost some key players, and because Dillion is not used to playing with the Pats, it is going to take a bit before he gets comfortable, and is able know what to expect from this line.

The Jets went a good amount of time without Pennington, this year he will make them a better team, just by being there. The Bills will still be very dangerous with Bledsoe (Say what you will about him, the guy has great tools, give him some time to throw, ....your dead), with new coaching (With this team anything can happen) this could be a very tough team, or a very confused and under achieving team. Finally Miami, they have the same team that could have/should have beat the pats the 1st meeting, and could have very well beaten them in the 2nd meeting if a few things went out way instead of the Pats. Miami should be better at DB and WR, with some question marks at O-line and D-line. QB at worse will have the same player from last year, and at best will have a QB with a better arm.

I agree that the Pats should be the favorites to win it again, but in my opinion, not by much.

Back
Top Bottom