Honest opinion of the AFC East | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honest opinion of the AFC East

Your post is almost too good. How can you argue a post that is that good.

IMO... none of us know who is going to be the AFC East beast this year. The top 3 could win it on any given day/season. Just need a few lucky bounces or a few tipped balls to go your way, etc. I am just excited to watch the games unfold.

I think you guys are crazy. I think the Patriots have proved over the last three years that they are a much better football team than anyone in the divison. Personally, I'm scared of the Jets. I think as long as they have Pennington, I think they have a chance to win every game they play.

I wouldnt be shocked at all too see a seaon much like 2002.

I agree on what you said especially taking into last years standings it has to be Pats Fins Buff and Jets as the 1-4. However thats why they play the game. I think I would be worried as a Jets fan, the team's D is anything but extraordinary and people keep saying well they have a "healthy Pennington." He had an injury to his non-throwing arm so when he returned from injury his performance technically shouldnt have dropped but it did greatly. So jets fans better hope Penningtons last stint was just a fluke and not a sign on whats to come.

I agree with the post beam, the Patriots are the team to beat, they are the superbowl champs. I also would like to say I hated that they added T Buck he only makes their secondary even better. With Law Smith Tbuck Samuel Poole and Harrison their secondary is only going to get better. Poole and Samuel really impressed me last year. With that being said I do think it will be Miami and NE battling for the east with Buff nipping at our butts. We were a few lucky breaks away last year but thats not taking nothing away from the Pats as much as I hate to say it they were the best LAST YEAR.

enjoyed reading your thoughts beam... thought they were pretty good assessment as well, for what its worth. post often!

Good post...have to say I differ only in degrees. I don't think the Pats are going to be as good as they were last year, as someone already pointed out many of their wins were very shakey, could have gone the other way, and yes, referee aided. Can't count on that again. This talk of dynasty is absurd, they are not overpowering, sure-winners like the Niners or Cowboys were. In fact, I think they are a little bit of an unknown and could possibly finish third in the division.
Also, I think it is going to be a loooong year for the Jets. No D to speak of, and aside from Pennington, who do they have on O? Curtis Martin was a great player but is clearly well past his prime. Sanatana Moss is a very good player, but undersized, and also too easy for an opposing team to focus on and neutralize as there really are no other scary receivers. They could go winless in the AFCE this year.
I hope the Phins show up and play like they can, if so could be the season we have been waiting for, but given the moving pieces, it could also end up like last season!

I don't think the Pats are going to be as good as they were last year, as someone already pointed out many of their wins were very shakey, could have gone the other way, and yes, referee aided.
Please explain the referee aided part. Is there a conspiracy?

I'll explain the "shakey wins". I assume you mean they had some close wins. True, and a couple of reasons might explain this. One, they are a mentally tough team that knows how to win because someone makes a play when needed. So they are a team made up of many players that possess this type of character. BB and Pioli seek out this type of player.

Second, they went 10-0 against winning teams (incl playoffs). Winning teams don't get blown out.

If you check back, you will notice the 1972 Dolphins played a lot of close games as well. Do you consider those wins shakey, or referee aided?

FlyingElvis said:
One, they are a mentally tough team that knows how to win because someone makes a play when needed. So they are a team made up of many players that possess this type of character. BB and Pioli seek out this type of player.
That would explain why they traded for Dillon.:tongue:

That would explain why they traded for Dillon.
Yeah, that one had a few people puzzled. Along with drafting Cedric Cobbs who had a troubled past. All in the spirit of giving guys a second chance... Or something. :D

Back
Top Bottom