Horrible Moderating | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Horrible Moderating

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just have to say, way to go guys. Thanks for merging threads that don't have to be merged, deleting posts that question the moderators' actions, and otherwise treating FH like nazi germany.

Way to go.

I think you know that I feel a different way about the act of putting the Darren and Jamie Sharper stuff together, but I am right with you in one regard:

We had a rather lengthy discussion on the appropriateness of the merge in that thread that seems to have been deleted now. I can understand excising it from the thread and moving it here or something, but it seems that whatever moderator handled things felt it best just to delete that stuff. That doesn't seem very cool to me.

I completely agree with CK. It's nice to see the power trips aren't just limited to the Lounge. I expect to hear the "We're volunteers....we're underappreciated....you can go someplace else if you don't like it...etc.," line any minute now.

I was apparently Banned for nothing. I used to be TXFinFan.

Attn: Muck or any other GOOD MOD!

I used to post under TX FinFan. I was apparently banned today at about 12:00 PM CST. I would like to be reinstated. Whoever the mod was, he was on a stupid power trip. Please contact me at the e-mail address that is registered for this account.

Well, Liquid, they are underappreciated volunteers. I would hope we all cut them some slack. I don't think the moderators have the power to set policy, but it really does come down to either abiding by what the board ownership wants to do or finding somewhere else to go. I believe the guys who run things have heard from at least a couple of us and will set things straight when they get the chance one way or another.

Jimmy James said:
Maybe you shouldn't be admitting that. You're basically circumventing the ban, you know.

I realize that. I just had no other way to get in touch with another mod.

BTW, TX, I think it appropriate to tell you that Muck has seen this and will be taking care of things when he gets home.

Needless to say, I was banned as well, and this needs to be addressed...and I do not care that I'm circumventing the ban to post this. I have no other way to contact the mods.

Attn: Muck

I would like for you to reinstate my TXFinFan account. I was unfairly banned. For further reference, view the complaints forum.

1st off, it is up to an Admin to decide whether that thread was merged correctly, not any of you. If they deem the person who merged it wrong, I'm sure they will talk with them directly, and make sure that it doesn't happen again.

2nd, anyone banned was banned for a reason. Complaining about moderating actions in the middle of a thread, thus taking it off topic is NOT acceptable. You guys were warned about taking it up with AJ and George.

3rd, just because you can't see the posts anymore doesn't mean they were deleted. They are safe in a place that the Admins can have a look at them, and review your complaints. They did not belong in the middle of a thread in the main forum.

Do not assume to know everything that we are doing, or call us out like you do. If you have issue with something a mod does, bring it up with AJ or George... it does not belong in the main forum.

I as well would like to be reinstated. I will report what happened precisely when appropriate. I have no way of contacting Muck or anyone else about this instance of (in my opinion) horrible moderating.

I am CKParrotHead and I stand by every thing that I have said and posted in the past few hours.

I did take it up with AJ and George. I expect them to take it up with you in the near future.

ckparrot said:
I did take it up with AJ and George. I expect them to take it up with you in the near future.

Again, assuming you know that which you know nothing about. AJ and George have nothing to take up with me, as I was not the person who merged your threads, or banned you.

As I said before, AJ and George will deal with the person responsible as they see fit.

Back
Top Bottom