Horrible Moderating | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Horrible Moderating

TXFinFan13 said:
I would like for you to reinstate my TXFinFan account. I was unfairly banned. For further reference, view the complaints forum.

You may not post off topic threads about being reinstated in the main forum. AJ and Muck have been made aware of your situation, and will deal with it when they are able to.

phinphanphrommi,

Thank you for responding in this thread. The one thing I'd like to respond to is your admonishment against assuming things were deleted. I was not notified that the comments were moved or that I had done anything inappropriate. If a moderator wants to avoid this sort of response in this forum, it would probably be a good idea to let us know these things.

JJ,

There was no admonishment intended. Just want people to understand that they don't see or hear everything that goes on. I'm sorry if you took my post to be a reprimand of some sort, as that is not how it was intended.

3P

phinphanphrommi said:
JJ,

There was no admonishment intended. Just want people to understand that they don't see or hear everything that goes on. I'm sorry if you took my post to be a reprimand of some sort, as that is not how it was intended.

3P

Actually, admonishment was too strong a word for what I meant, but I couldn't really think of a better one readily. I didn't take offense or anything of that nature. :)

Gang...

Everyone Involved, Please Take A Breath On This. People Are Working To Set Things Straight. Everyone Needs To Stop The Yelling And Arguing, And Allow Us To Get This Stuff Resolved.

This Isn't A World Crisis. Let's All Chill A Bit... And We'll Get Things Settled Out Okay.

P4e

I agree with everyone who is pi$sed off with the Mods. I PM'd FinheavenAJ and asked him to please bring back my Rick Spielman thread from the staff forum. All I did was call Agua a "cry-baby" and he whined for the Mods to take action so they closed/banned my thread. If that thread is not made available again in some fashion I will be leaving this site permanently very soon. Enough is enough.

Alright guys... just calm down. Unfortunately, both George and I are at work and don't have a ton of free time. ckparrothead - you were unbanned. I will look into the situation moreso.

At the current time... it looks like you are correct that the threads were unrelated.

CashInFist - I apologize that I haven't gotten to you yet. I'll also look into that.

FinHeavenAJ said:
Alright guys... just calm down. Unfortunately, both George and I are at work and don't have a ton of free time. ckparrothead - you were unbanned. I will look into the situation moreso.

At the current time... it looks like you are correct that the threads were unrelated.

CashInFist - I apologize that I haven't gotten to you yet. I'll also look into that.

Thanks alot. Much appreciated. I really like this site (Obviously :) ).

FinHeavenAJ said:

AJ - Thank you for unbanning me as well. I enjoy the site very much! Keep up the good work! :D

While we are at it AJ, could someone tell me why I got banned! My user name is Stork48. I have not been able to get on FH since last saturday! I recieved no warning, no information about what I have apparantly done. I ICQ'ed you and heard nothing back. I emailed Muck two days ago and heard nothing back! It would atleast be polite to inform me of why!

Thank you for your response in advance!

Stork48

If it is so horrible, Why are you guys still coming to the site? The Mods have done everything they can to be fair to everyone on this board. When you have such a large number of users, it becomes more and more difficult to please everyone. The Mods may seem harsh, but put yourself in their shoes.

LtDan662002 said:
The MODS do a pretty good job on here considering the amount of crap that gets spewed on a daily basis. Thanks guys

They certainly do, and the admins do an even better job of keeping everything going including these few incidents when something may have gone wrong on the mod level. We don't thank these folks enough.

Jimmy James said:
They certainly do, and the admins do an even better job of keeping everything going including these few incidents when something may have gone wrong on the mod level. We don't thank these folks enough.

You're right. It is a thankless job and the MODS and Admins only seem to get attention when something goes wrong.

Anyone whose been in a position of authority (including law enforcement officers, teachers, parents, etc) knows a little bit about how it must be for them. In essence, the MODS have the unenviable job of babysitting every one of us. Unlike the casual visitor, they don't have the luxury of skipping over posts that don't personally interest them but instead, have to review every post of every thread.

Part of their responsibility is to moderate personal disagreements, edit offensive posts, merge similar threads (countless times) and try to do all that as an impartial judge. On occassion, a broad hand is required to sweep away the rubbish and sometimes in the effort to clean things up, innocents are accidently swept away as well. It would be nice if every offense could be excised with surgical precision but in the "heat of battle", that doesn't always happen. It is on those occassions that the Admins make a judgement call to right what was done in haste. It's human nature to believe that when you are unfairly treated, the whole world should pay attention but those things really don't need to be aired in a public forum. It is that behavior that begins the inevitable death spiral for the offended, and rightfully so.

The fact is that all of us are humans and, as such, we are subject to mistakes. Thankfully, FinHeaven has a tried and proven system of checks and balances that, if given a chance, do work.

I have no doubt that every MOD and Admin here hold the same goal in mind and that is to provide a safe, fun and respectable place for fans of all ages to enjoy.

Most of us here have had previous experiences in forums that are less cared for by its MODS. Name calling and off-topic posts abound. I, for one, am happy to have found FinHeaven and, as such, will accept the few small mistakes that are (rarely) made in exchange for such a great (free) place to post and chat.

*Climbing down off my soapbox*

Back
Top Bottom