How Bad is Our Secondary? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Bad is Our Secondary?

Kris Richard got burned bad the other night.

To be honest - even though it was the first preseason game - we looked like crap in the secondary. It seemend that people were confused on their assignments. The Bear's QBs were picking their spots and making 10-15 yd completions with ease.

I'm scared!

I don't get the facination with being like New England... there system works for them, but the NFL is full of transition, someone will find a way to beat them, then everyone will be on that teams jock (probably the bills ;) )

But the reason NE can play without superstars in the secondary is because they get a great pass rush up front... you have to be able to generate that kind of pass rush with minimal blitzing so you can leave guys back in coverage... if you have to send guys on a blitz alot, you need corners who can cover one on one.

Randall gay would suck if he had to single cover

Losman7 said:
I don't get the facination with being like New England... there system works for them, but the NFL is full of transition, someone will find a way to beat them, then everyone will be on that teams jock (probably the bills ;) )

But the reason NE can play without superstars in the secondary is because they get a great pass rush up front... you have to be able to generate that kind of pass rush with minimal blitzing so you can leave guys back in coverage... if you have to send guys on a blitz alot, you need corners who can cover one on one.

Yup that's pretty much it, you need an effective pass rush or all the DB schemes in the world are for nothing.

Harrison is a dirty player and I can't stand his BS. Our secondary isn't bad its only the first GAME, if we look the same after the last preseason game, then press the PANIC button but other than that lets all just :calm: Down. Hopefully our secondary will mesh together better or else.... :goodnight

Losman7 said:

Because the NFL is a copycat league my friend. You find the team doing the most right, and copy as much as you can. Then evolve, to become better than that team. It has been like that for years.

PhinSoldia said:
pats have samuels too if i am not mistaken.....and your right it does look pretty decent on paper...when compared to the pats...they do need to get thier act right though

Thats right... Asante Samuel representing UCF!!! (even though he has crossed over to the darkside :nono: )

Nasty said:
Thats right... Asante Samuel representing UCF!!! (even though he has crossed over to the darkside :nono: )

Damn UCF is the darkside. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom