How does Miami defend TEs from now on? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How does Miami defend TEs from now on?

SO that's the excuse I'm goin to hear....the PATS have 2 superb TEs ....thats hogwash... It looks like we can't even cover 1 let alone 2...

Everybody and I mean EVERYBODY and their grandma's grandma knows the Best way to cover a TE is Man coverage...actually a bump and man would be ideal

If we played physical like Revis, our guys would get flagged every time..'cuz their names aren't revis. Our team doesn't get much respect from the refs. (stealers game last year). We start roughing up TE's and WR's, they will start throwing flags. But I say what the hell, knock the snot out of them and let the laundry fly!!!

If we have someone else who can play the boundary, we should move Smith inside on passing downs (3rd and maybe 5+) to cover athletic TEs--like Owen Daniels this week. And seeing as Houston doesn't have a real threat at 2ndWR, this makes even more sense.

Will they start Clemons this week?

After the final preseason game vs Dallas, it was Clemons who was lining up the the starters until he got hurt, so they had to play Reshad Jones. RJ is not a bad FS, but he's better suited to play SS.

Can Jones effectivley fill the role of robber? or maybe Bell can..
Bell will never be a robber lol, he cannot catch those picks!

But I think the Patriots are just a match up nightmare. Most teams only have one great TE, making it easier than 2 guys running rampant

Sparano said it wasn't even a surprise with the routes they were running, apparently they prepared for it but the players just didn't execute.

Brady is just that good. If you play zone, we have no pass rush and Brady will eat you alive OR we can play man and he'll burn us because he puts the ball exactly where it needs to be and our corners are just not physical. ****, we should have just blitzed every down with 5 and told the cb's to mug their guys at the line of scrimmage like Revis.

i agree imo i would use one lb or maybe 2 and put an extra cb or fs in there to help out and i would use nickel most of the game bcause there throwing between 10-20 yards to the TEs/WRs

I hate to say this but watch how the Jets play against them he will figure it out most likely. Not that I like Ryan but his defense is usually pretty good.

The thing to watch for in the Texans game is their "fullback" James Casey. He is a TE they masquerade as a running back. He just made the position switch this year( after the Texans lost All Pro fullback Vonta Leach to the Ravens) and it is giving the Texans a lot of receiving mismatches. LB's just can't run with him not to mention that their main TE Owen Daniels is a monster all by himself.

... we could beg NE for Edds back. I'm sure they'll trade him to us for a 4th rounder or something like that... and we'd probably do it.

Back
Top Bottom