How improve at WR , FA or Draft ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How improve at WR , FA or Draft ?

I think that with CAmarillo, Bess, Ginn and London we have our core. .

Camarillo is by far our best receiver right now
Bess fights for yardage after the catch and does not miss or drop many balls put his way
Ginn has begin to show this last season some glimpses of the receiver he could be and the potential for which he was drafted so high. . hopefully this can develop next season and he can come into his own
London is a guy with good, big hands who fights for the ball and shows good poise using his body to get the ball and desrves his shot next season. . he has sure hands. .

I think we will use a low end pick and poss a FA pick up for a vet who can mentor these younger guys into great shape. .

None of these guys are OUTSTANDING in relation to Boldin etc but as a unit I feel could see us well with the right QB in place and Pennington (for now) is that man. . a sure arm and accurate and these WRs need that.

We are fine at WR (IMHO) I look forward to next season. .

What about bringing in a Chris Carter, Jerry Rice or Keyshawn Johnson as an assistant WR coach if we keep what we have.

Just so you guys know, Kiper hit on 28 of 32 first round players last year.

Did he buy them a drink or ask them to dance? :lol:

Seriously, did hit on them going in the first round or to going to a specific team? I sure don't recall him being that accurate as to who would go to a specific team.

I would absolutely love Heyward-Bey. He's a monster and has all the tools to be a #1 wide receiver. That being said, I don't think he is going to fall to us.
One of the second tier big guys like Nicks, or Britt would be okay with the 2nd pick in round 2, but outside of the big 3 wide outs in this draft I don't see a whole lot of potential.

I'd really like it if we could bring in ocho cinco for a 2nd rounder this year and next year, but that's probably not going to happen.

Look at what Chad did this past season, just imagine how much better he would do with a legit #1 WR.

I like out receiving core, Ginn has made major strides but Ginn is a speed WR not a possession guy. The other guys are either #3 & 4 or slot type WR's. We need a guy who will make defenses consistantly back off of the line of scrimmage.

Just so you guys know, Kiper hit on 28 of 32 first round players last year.

Yeah 28 of 32......He got 5 to the correct team. And that includes the gimmee of Jake Long who had already signed. Plus the negotiations the Rams had ongoing with Chris Long.

Read it and cry.
http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic513822-20-1.aspx

Picking 28 of the 32 to go in the first round is no great feat. The first 20-25 are locks.

I dont think we need another young guy but a veteran. See who gets let go, Keep an eye on L. Coles from the jets. He is unhappy, likes chad, familar with our O and could be a cap casualty. Just one example could be someone else. Anquan Boldin would be my first choice.

If he's available I'd hate to pass up Nicks in the draft.
That is one thing that I am confused about. Where is the spot that is the best value for him? Is it second round? Late first?

About a week and a half ago, there were people saying that because of his "potential" he would be a good pickup in the second round, but based off of his actual talent his true value is as a third rounder. Now, I always thought that come draft time, it would be a tight race to determine the best "BIG" receiver and that that guy would go in the first but everyone seemed to disagree with me (Not the guys like Percy Harvin or Jeremy Macklin, but the guys like Nicks, Heyward-Bey, Britt, Barden, etc.) Now all of a sudden, a week and a half later, Nicks and Heyward-Bey are going in the first round. And this information came from guys like Kiper.

What did these guys do to move up the boards? It's not like either one of them participated in the senior bowl or did any workouts. So why have they moved up so fast?

I'm practically in love with Barden but don't think he represents great value at round 2. If he slipped into 3, I'd gladly trade a late rounder or a 2010 pick to move up and get him early on day 2.

Our top three picks should, in my opinion be spent on a LB, DB and NT, in no particular order, depending on BPA.

I imagine though, that we'll probaby go for lineman with two of those three picks, probably replacing Carey, which I believe is a shame. We already have holes. Resign Carey instead of creating another one.

linesman yes, but not to replace Carey. We'll go with a Center, Nose Tackle, another Defensive End & a Defensive Back with our first 4 picks in order of value.
the WR will probably come out of free agency. usually take s 2 or 3 years to develop a WR & even then there are no guarantees

If BP and Ireland are going to address WR, it won't be through the draft it will be through FA. We have the young WRs with potential, we need a solid vet in the mix.

Yeah 28 of 32......He got 5 to the correct team. And that includes the gimmee of Jake Long who had already signed. Plus the negotiations the Rams had ongoing with Chris Long.

Read it and cry.
http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic513822-20-1.aspx

Picking 28 of the 32 to go in the first round is no great feat. The first 20-25 are locks.
Read it and cry? WOW, the newbies and bandwagoners are really annoying this year.:( Read my fact. Kiper got 28 of the 32 first round PLAYERS correct. That is impressive considering it is the NFL DRAFT.

That is one thing that I am confused about. Where is the spot that is the best value for him? Is it second round? Late first?

About a week and a half ago, there were people saying that because of his "potential" he would be a good pickup in the second round, but based off of his actual talent his true value is as a third rounder. Now, I always thought that come draft time, it would be a tight race to determine the best "BIG" receiver and that that guy would go in the first but everyone seemed to disagree with me (Not the guys like Percy Harvin or Jeremy Macklin, but the guys like Nicks, Heyward-Bey, Britt, Barden, etc.) Now all of a sudden, a week and a half later, Nicks and Heyward-Bey are going in the first round. And this information came from guys like Kiper.

What did these guys do to move up the boards? It's not like either one of them participated in the senior bowl or did any workouts. So why have they moved up so fast?
They played at a high level as JUNIORS in a real conference that don't put out Ghoolstons, Kijana Carters etc..etc...etc... BTW Nicks blew up at the skills challenge incase you don't keep up with players outside of BUST U.

Back
Top Bottom