How is OGUN situation affecting the Defense??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How is OGUN situation affecting the Defense???

jjizzim said:
The guy had 15 sacs last year and 11 teh year befor that. None of the Backup DE's we have now will come close to that. HE NEEDS TO BE HERE. PERIOD
I agree he does need to be there, but your wrong...D. Bowens WILL get close to that and I wouldn't be surprised if he got 11 or 12..Last year with the limited playing time he got, he still made an impact...Got a few sacks.

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
That's being very optimistic...We found a diamond in the rough when OGUN got the opportunity display his skills... Remember, if OGUN wasn't injured during his college days at IU... He wouldn't have been available for the Dolphins to consider...

But David was a diamond in the rough for us also, as is Otis Grisby who had a great PS last year and that's why he stuck, the difference between stars and bench warmers in this league is opportunity. We may very well see a new star in Minor, Morrris and Henry as they are now given the opportunity. Ogun was a backup behind David, got a opportunity and now he's pro bowler..You never know.

Those assessments may be true..concerning the DE's... But think about your comments toward the running backs... It is pitiful that we are depending on three Rb's to replace one...

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
Those assessments may be true..concerning the DE's... But think about your comments toward the running backs... It is pitiful that we are depending on three Rb's to replace one...

you don't know that, which is the beauty of this thread, everyone's assuming something, but don't really know..Minor may be more durable than people think, like b. sanders, W. dunn and c. portis, we just don't know..it may be Morris spelling Minor like Minor spelled Ricky..only time will tell. Assumptions make what out of people.\??? :D

I Think The Fish Want Save Some Cap $$ For 2005 On A Rb.. That's Why There Not Rushing On O-gun Contract Demand.. Plus Dave B. Is There...

BringBackShula said:
I agree he does need to be there, but your wrong...D. Bowens WILL get close to that and I wouldn't be surprised if he got 11 or 12..Last year with the limited playing time he got, he still made an impact...Got a few sacks.

From the defensive TACKLE spot on third downs.

David Bowens was never the starter in Miami. Going into the 2002 season, the Dolphins went into camp with Bowens and Ogunleye competing for the starting job. Bowens would have never beaten Ogunleye out. Ogunleye is a much better pure pass rusher and is better against the run. Bowens does well on special teams and when he comes in as a pass rushing defensive tackle on third downs.

i got a feeling like Spielman is waiting for the start of the season to make a trade. i feel maybe he is waitng for cuts and has talked to some teams about trading ogun and found out some info. ;)

KBISBACK said:
From the defensive TACKLE spot on third downs.

David Bowens was never the starter in Miami. Going into the 2002 season, the Dolphins went into camp with Bowens and Ogunleye competing for the starting job. Bowens would have never beaten Ogunleye out. Ogunleye is a much better pure pass rusher and is better against the run. Bowens does well on special teams and when he comes in as a pass rushing defensive tackle on third downs.

That's Jay Williams who do the DT thing, DB is a DE. DE was on the depth chart number 1 until he broke his hand and OGun took over..

MDFINFAN said:
Especially if D. Bowens can be just as productive..I still say he was the starter before Ogun for a reason. His broken hand at the time is the only thing that may have kept him from being the ogun we know today.
So what your telling me is that DB could be better or just as good as OGun? Could be but I'm not that optomistic

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
David is a good DE.. But production speaks for it self... I think with OGUN's progression it made JT a much better overall defender... As you noticed last year JT was allowed to show more of his versitility as a result of OGUN's development...

I disagree ...

JT has helped Ogunns production most definitely !!

Marino1983

Marino1983 said:
I disagree ...

JT has helped Ogunns production most definitely !!

Marino1983

Hmmm. Why didn't Kenny Mixon have this kind of production when playing opposite JT then?

KBISBACK said:
Hmmm. Why didn't Kenny Mixon have this kind of production when playing opposite JT then?
Good Question. Sould you answer that Marino1983?????????????

KBISBACK said:

Hmmm..

Same reason that he has done squat in Minnesota, Mixon isn't a starter !!

:D

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom