How Mike Wallace changes everything | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Mike Wallace changes everything

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Of all the players who have changed teams so far this offseason, the one who has the potential to affect two offenses the most is Mike Wallace.
The old Steeler and the new Dolphin wide receiver might not be the most productive acquisition in the NFL next year. But if he is healthy, he is almost certain to have a major impact on the way the Dolphins do their offensive business. And his absence is certain to affect the Steelers.
With 4.33 40-yard dash speed, Wallace changes the way defenses approach him, and that impacts everyone around him. “Mike is as good a deep threat as there is in the league,” Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert told me. “There always is a threat of him getting deep on any play.”
If a defense treats Wallace like it treats other receivers, it risks giving up a quick six.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I just wish we get another receiving threat besides Wallace.IMO, Hartline to less of a degree and Bess aren't legitimate threats. I want someone that can go like a Tavon Austin or Patterson etc! If defenses think they might have a problem with someone like Wallace? What they heck are they going to think with the addition of another bonafide threat?

This should absolutely be the approach Miami takes let's not "kinda/maybe" be dangerous on offense let's CLEARLY be a problem for NFL defenses.

Hopefully the presence of Wallace will ensure a general improvement of the rest of the teams receivers.

Hopefully the presence of Wallace will ensure a general improvement of the rest of the teams receivers.

Here's why i'm still nervous! We can all sort of agree Marshall in someways at times required "help" to defend! Essentially, we're saying that in some ways and others Wallace will also require some help. The other receiving complements were exactly the same in Hartline and Bess and now different at QB and TE, RB.....

Is the difference at QB,TE and HB big enough to prevent this season offensively from looking like the 2010 season? IMO, it's borderline and I say to ensure it's clearly different and better get another difference playmaker on offense. IMO, we erred badly when we got rid of Ted Ginn just when we acquired Marshall! Not that Ginn was that great, but because his speed....Well that history now

Here's why i'm still nervous! We can all sort of agree Marshall in someways at times required "help" to defend! Essentially, we're saying that in some ways and others Wallace will also require some help. The other receiving complements were exactly the same in Hartline and Bess and now different at QB and TE, RB.....

Is the difference at QB,TE and HB big enough to prevent this season offensively from looking like the 2010 season? IMO, it's borderline and I say to ensure it's clearly different and better get another difference playmaker on offense. IMO, we erred badly when we got rid of Ted Ginn just when we acquired Marshall! Not that Ginn was that great, but because his speed....Well that history now

We seem to give up on alot of players too early and then keep many too long lol. Ginn was a bust and a half as a 1st round pick but still you take a guy that high and he is raw. He is definately better than having Marlon Moore as your third receiver and he can return

I just wish we get another receiving threat besides Wallace.IMO, Hartline to less of a degree and Bess aren't legitimate threats. I want someone that can go like a Tavon Austin or Patterson etc! If defenses think they might have a problem with someone like Wallace? What they heck are they going to think with the addition of another bonafide threat?

This should absolutely be the approach Miami takes let's not "kinda/maybe" be dangerous on offense let's CLEARLY be a problem for NFL defenses.
Hartline is still a 3 at best. That's why I'm fully confident that given a fair shot (not looking at contract numbers to determine the better player), Matthews will beat him this offseason and we can move Hartline to the Nelson role at the slot.

We seem to give up on alot of players too early and then keep many too long lol. Ginn was a bust and a half as a 1st round pick but still you take a guy that high and he is raw. He is definately better than having Marlon Moore as your third receiver and he can return

I completely agree. Ginn flashed a bit as well on some of the 9 routes he ran. I remember the TD against the Jets as well as a TD called back for a leg whip against the texans I believe. Pennington connected with him a bit in 2008 as well... Not to say he woulda been great, bu that speed was something the Offense didn't have with anyone else and he was a good returner... I guess their justification with guys like Moore is his ST play

Hartline is still a 3 at best. That's why I'm fully confident that given a fair shot (not looking at contract numbers to determine the better player), Matthews will beat him this offseason and we can move Hartline to the Nelson role at the slot.

If anything your post just reiterates my opinion. If Mike is going to be considered the #1 then Hartline is not that ideal #2! Who the hell is going to do something with the ball AFTER the catch? Wallace really isn't that kinda guy and we all know Hartline couldn't break a tackle to save his life. Someone with the size, strength, speed, elusiveness of say a Patterson is the perfect piece to move into that position.

Which looks better?

1) Wallace, Hartline
2) Wallace, Patterson

No brainer to me...

we know Phiblin likes to draft WR in the 2nd or 3rd round.perhaps we can find a guy with speed and can run good routes.the rookie can battle it out with Bess .dont forget Gibson i think he is the Dark Hourse in the wr group.Keller we be a player as well that the other teams have to game plan for.forget about him and you will get burned.we fix the o line and we just may be a team in the likings of the packers or pats.

There are a few things to consider when comparing the offense with Wallace and Marshall. While both a good-great receivers, they're not nearly the same type. You could argue Marshall is better overall than Mike, but when playing with Hartline and Bess, Wallace is a better fit IMO because he brings speed in a unit that was devoid of it. And then you have to ask yourself, is Hartline a better player than he was when Marshall was here? Its deffinately arguable but I beleive so. Bess is Bess, Keller is certainely better in the passing game than Fasano. So yeah overall I do agree we still need to draft another wideout, but I beleive we're better as a unit with Wallace than we were with Marshall.

hartline is getting the blame for ALL of RYAN TANNEHILLS mistakes.

if you tivo'd the games, go back and look and see how many times BH was wide ope for big plays or scores and tanny blew it.

i saw 8 that were certain td's and 11 more that would have been HUGE gains with some real possibilities of more scores.

now, you neer can say if he would have dropped any of those, but, lets say the throw was on target every time. what would you think about hartline then?

people do not want to admit that tanny has a ways to go. he is NOT a franchise qb yet and has some work to do, expecially on his longer throws.

its just hillarious these people who think hartline isnt a worthy starter. had he been with brady or manning or rodgers last year, or even year before, he would have been a PRO BOWL wr. and if tannyhill can improve on his long ball and hit wallace for some big gains and or scores, you will see hartline cleaning up big time on single coverages he will be getting.

My biggest issue is we have the cap space to have Marshall right now. I mean we could have Marshall Wallace Keller Hartline on the slot.. we would definitely be challenging for the division this year with that unit. But as of right now, we're still another offseason to surpass the Patriots.

My biggest issue is we have the cap space to have Marshall right now. I mean we could have Marshall Wallace Keller Hartline on the slot.. we would definitely be challenging for the division this year with that unit. But as of right now, we're still another offseason to surpass the Patriots.

Well we can say could do and all this with so many scenarios. we also could have Dez bryant already on roster as our receiver instead of just another guy on the dline.
Ireland made two major mistakes with the trade for and the trade away of MArshall.

Since 09, even with Leftwich and Batch throwing at him to bring down the #s, Wallace is the most prolific homerun-catching WR of 30+ yards in the league; and #2 of 25+ yds. He is the game breaker that can fly by a Revis (ala those few magic Teddy Ginn moments) not to mention a run of the mill Sean Smith type CB. He will make a scoreboard difference if he gets in synch with RT17 - both for himself, Hartline, Gibson, Keller and hopefully Matthews. Yeah, it would have been nice to have kept Marshall, but he's a QB-not-named-Cutler cancer and may have not been particularly helpful in the development of Tannehill's maturation and confidence-building. Bottom line: he's not Coach Joe's kind of player so besides that ship having sailed, it's moot - merely ejaculate-devoid mental masturbation to discuss him@here. :idk:

zntr1u-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom