How much time are you willing to give Adam Gase as HC? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much time are you willing to give Adam Gase as HC?

How many more years should Gase get to turn things around?

• Total voters
Gase is a good leader. I like the potential Gase has. He has to become the coach Ross thinks he can be.

His mistakes this year are primarily in evaluating talent: Alberts for Thomas, signing Cutler, signing Alonso, no Free Safety, not addressing the guard position are all problematic.
The Ajayi trade looks to be a mistake, at least right now.

Not sure how much talent evaluation has to do with just Gase, or if its an organizational wide problem.

I think he has to give up play calling duties to an OC he can trust. I don't see how Burke has done a good job at DC.

The bigger issue is roster construction and bad contracts. Too much money spent on the defensive line for not enough output. Tannenbaum probably has to go, he doesn't seem to have an impressive track record.

I suppose the questions I have are as follows:

1. Do the Dolphins have a template for the type of players that fit what they are doing on offense and defense ?

2. Can they identify the above players in the draft and free agency ?

3. Can they use their resources (draft picks and cap space) efficiently to build a roster composed of the above players ?

Ownership is giving him 2018, so I'll see how 2018 shakes out before I call for his head.

I’ll give him another year I guess but I wouldn’t care one bit if he was fired tomorrow.

Gase is a good leader. I like the potential Gase has. He has to become the coach Ross thinks he can be.

His mistakes this year are primarily in evaluating talent: Alberts for Thomas, signing Cutler, signing Alonso, no Free Safety, not addressing the guard position are all problematic.
The Ajayi trade looks to be a mistake, at least right now.

Not sure how much talent evaluation has to do with just Gase, or if its an organizational wide problem.

I think he has to give up play calling duties to an OC he can trust. I don't see how Burke has done a good job at DC.

The bigger issue is roster construction and bad contracts. Too much money spent on the defensive line for not enough output. Tannenbaum probably has to go, he doesn't seem to have an impressive track record.

I suppose the questions I have are as follows:

1. Do the Dolphins have a template for the type of players that fit what they are doing on offense and defense ?

2. Can they identify the above players in the draft and free agency ?

3. Can they use their resources (draft picks and cap space) efficiently to build a roster composed of the above players ?
Gase is such a good leader that has players quit on him. Makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom