How should Miami use their money? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How should Miami use their money?

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
It’s pretty clear Miami will make a handful of moves like cutting players, restructuring deals, and extending players to clear up cap space before free agency begins.

It’s unknown how much cap space Miami will clear up but when you factor in our current situation and window then I’d say it’s pretty safe to assume it’ll be enough money for Miami to be somewhat aggressive.

When I say enough money to be somewhat aggressive, I’m basically saying enough money to resign our own free agents as well as enough money to add a few cheap free agents that could potentially help us next season. Don’t expect Miami to resign their own free agents while also adding a star free agent day 1 of free agency.

I’d personally like to see Miami resign Christian Wilkins, Robert Hunt, Andrew Van Ginkel, DeShon Elliott, and Connor Williams.

Then sign Kevin Zeilter, Jadeveon Clowney, Austin Hooper, and Derrick Henry.

Then draft an interior lineman in the 1st round like JPJ and an inside linebacker in the 2nd round.

Idk how much money Miami will realistically have after resigning most of our own free agents but I feel like the free agents I’d want Miami to sign would come fairly cheap.

All that being said, please tell me what you guys think about how I want Miami to approach free agency and let me know what you guys want Miami to do!!!

Have to figure out cap ..restructures..$$ for resigning our own as you posted. Alot to unpack brother. And Tua as well.

Have to figure out cap ..restructures..$$ for resigning our own as you posted. Alot to unpack brother. And Tua as well.
Oh I definitely agree but I have a strong feeling they’ll be aggressive when it comes to clearing up cap space this offseason just because of our current window.

We’re in the middle of our window to win now so I strongly believe they won’t waste the opportunity to capitalize this offseason

It’s pretty clear Miami will make a handful of moves like cutting players, restructuring deals, and extending players to clear up cap space before free agency begins.

It’s unknown how much cap space Miami will clear up but when you factor in our current situation and window then I’d say it’s pretty safe to assume it’ll be enough money for Miami to be somewhat aggressive.

When I say enough money to be somewhat aggressive, I’m basically saying enough money to resign our own free agents as well as enough money to add a few cheap free agents that could potentially help us next season. Don’t expect Miami to resign their own free agents while also adding a star free agent day 1 of free agency.

I’d personally like to see Miami resign Christian Wilkins, Robert Hunt, Andrew Van Ginkel, DeShon Elliott, and Connor Williams.

Then draft an interior lineman in the 1st round like JPJ and an inside linebacker in the 2nd round.

Idk how much money Miami will realistically have after resigning most of our own free agents but I feel like the free agents I’d want Miami to sign would come fairly cheap.

All that being said, please tell me what you guys think about how I want Miami to approach free agency and let me know what you guys want Miami to do!!!

I also forgot that we’ll need to add a cornerback to replace X. I doubt they’ll spend big money on a corner and look to add someone that’s a cheap decent starter at best. Maybe someone like Rock Ya Sin who has ties with Weaver

I think they should use that money to buy tickets to the Tyreek Hill vs Jake Paul fight.

Hahaha, some of you guys are in for such a harsh reality this offseason.

I wish we could afford to do all this.... I wish.

Hahaha, some of you guys are in for such a harsh reality this offseason.

I wish we could afford to do all this.... I wish.
As I said in my post. I don’t know how realistic all that would be but I do believe we’ll resign our key free agents while also adding some cheap free agents.

All those free agents I listed would likely come cheap. I’m not saying we’ll still be able to afford all of those free agents but if we play our cards right while clearing up cap space and resigning our own then I guarantee we’ll be able to afford several of those free agents.

Zeilter would be the most expensive free agent on that list. Then Clowney would likely be 2nd.

Henry and Hooper deals would likely be identical since Henry is 30 years old and definitely has declined some. Plus the RB market is already weak as is and I could also see Henry taking a pay cut to play for a team that has a shot at contending.

So I wouldn’t say that all that is unrealistic if Miami does choose to clear up enough cap space to try and capitalize this offseason.

I also forgot that we’ll need to add a cornerback to replace X. I doubt they’ll spend big money on a corner and look to add someone that’s a cheap decent starter at best. Maybe someone like Rock Ya Sin who has ties with Weaver
We already have that CB

Send it to Marie Laveau for some witch queen hoo doo winning MOJO

Send it to Marie Laveau for some witch queen hoo doo winning MOJO
That is not how Marie works. She doesn't want money, she makes money (or really cap space for Miami)We need to send someone to marry her for the money. You want to volunteer? Take one for the team.

Back
Top Bottom