How should Miami use their money? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How should Miami use their money?

Facts. Which is why I’d only go after him on a cheap 1 year deal. If that doesn’t happen then just draft a power back in the late rounds or find someone undrafted
Yeah but I’m sure he isn’t signing a cheap deal as this is his last chance to make nfl money. Someone willl pay him and give him a better role. He’s not signing a vet minimum to be here and be 3rd string.

Yeah but I’m sure he isn’t signing a cheap deal as this is his last chance to make nfl money. Someone willl pay him and give him a better role. He’s not signing a vet minimum to be here and be 3rd string.
You’d be surprised what vets will do late in their careers to win a ring. Especially if they’ve already been paid.

The RB market was very weak last offseason too and I don’t expect that to change much

I also forgot that we’ll need to add a cornerback to replace X. I doubt they’ll spend big money on a corner and look to add someone that’s a cheap decent starter at best. Maybe someone like Rock Ya Sin who has ties with Weaver
Rock ya Sin is absolute garbage. He needs to stay far far away.

Retaining our own key guys and shopping that second/third wave of FA and post-June 1 ring chasers. Lots of short term deals outside of our own.

We are a contending team with a young ascending coaching staff in a big market. Everyone wants to be rich in South Florida. Should be super attractive to vet FAs.

The Feverdream plan (a manifesto)

Resign Hunt, tag Wilkins, make a fair offer to AVG, resign Elliot, allow Williams to walk (but be ready if he gets low offers).

Draft 2 offensive linemen in the first three rounds (if a trade can be made).
Draft a larger back than we have on the roster (prioritize pass receiving and pass protection).

Bring in a cheap veteran RB... and then bargain-shop during the last wave of free agency.

Clowney is not going to come cheap after last season, it seems likely he re-ups with Baltimore. People keep telling me Derrick Henry has declined. Well... His numbers declined for sure, but for the last two seasons he ran behind a terrible offensive line. Someone will pay him reasonably well. I don't think either of those guys are realistic targets for us.

Hooper maybe. Jonnu Smith is a decent guy who might have a place here. I think spending money at TE might be a waste if we don't improve our pass blocking. It will be just like Gesicki's final season here, by the time he gets open the ball is already gone.

Back
Top Bottom