How The Dolphins From Marquee Name to the Sunniest Garbage Heap | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How The Dolphins From Marquee Name to the Sunniest Garbage Heap

Also with the bad drafts is that Miami doesn’t seem good at developing players to their draft rank. How many players we see playing on other teams that Miami drafted and let go because they finally played good during a contract year and lost to FA or players Miami’s didn’t use right being good elsewhere?

And how many good players on other teams have imploded in Miami?

Every one is a miss, and yes, Alex Smith. No one woulda been upset if we took Rodgers off the board instead of Ronnie Brown. Are you kidding.

Matt Ryan was the obvious pick, parcells just tried to be smarter than everyone else.

Alex Smith was our target in FA. We were trying to sign him and he ended up back at SF. Check it out. He almost was a fin.

Russell Wilson was the next QB on our board if we skipped on Tannehill. He was just thought to be undersized.

We are languishing the team with Tannehill and will soon need to move on if Gase can’t raise his game. It’s the QB , period.
Be that as it may with regards to Matt Ryan I'm glad we didn't pick him. I really am. He does not have the "it" and is just a tease. A good regular season player but that's it. He and not the Atlanta D was primarily responsible for the biggest choke in SB history. And the biggest choke 2 years prior in NFC Championship history. I'd rather be mediocre than watch my team lose games like Falcons fans have had to endure since Melty Ice has been there. Jamar Fletcher (when we had Madison and Surtain in their primes) over Drew Brees was the real unforgivable one. And the lights came on for Bees before he left SD - he was a top QB by the time he left. He would have been good here too.

For me it was the hire of Dave Wansted, he inherit a good team with talented players, and went from good to mediocre to bad in a hurry. He had already destroyed the Bears in a similar way , and they also have the same story of a marquee franchise that went to irrelevant.
Off curses it has been a unnumbered of bad decisions after this, but for me it’s were all started

Back
Top Bottom