How the Dolphins staff see the rookies... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How the Dolphins staff see the rookies...

Cali Brother I think they will be back up plans should the players we have not develop, show promise, and that they can handle it. Have a great weekend!

Yeah, it makes sense to see what the young players can do first. Hard for impatient fans like me, though. I definitely want to see a position upgraded and its hard when you just don't know. I trust that Adam Gase will make the right decisions. You definitely don't want to cut a young player with talent for a stopgap, especially a team like Miami that is still building. Those are always the catch 22 scenarios.

You have a great weekend as well!

I'd still be willing to see how the rookie DT's look with pads on and when they've had time to absorb whatever was thrown at them in during rookie minicamp and OTA's. My expectations for either of them aren't high right now, but sometimes you see that improvement after looking lost their first time on the field. Hopefully one of them can step up as the season goes on, but remember they're rookies and there's a good chance this year could be a wash for either or both of them. If that's the case I don't doubt we'll see a late signing before the regular season.

I'd still be willing to see how the rookie DT's look with pads on and when they've had time to absorb whatever was thrown at them in during rookie minicamp and OTA's. My expectations for either of them aren't high right now, but sometimes you see that improvement after looking lost their first time on the field. Hopefully one of them can step up as the season goes on, but remember they're rookies and there's a good chance this year could be a wash for either or both of them. If that's the case I don't doubt we'll see a late signing before the regular season.
I hear what you are saying brother. I am pulling for Davon and Vincent to pull through and help with give breathers to our starters. I understand if they feel the need to bring in a vet.

The DTs not looking ready right now isn't shocking. Both have talent to develop, but they really have to work on technique

If we can find ONE rookie, 5th round, DT to insert as the rotational guy and pick up 400 snaps, this would be a great draft. We will need 4 DT's on the 53 man roster. If we find two of them, it would be miraculous. About as miraculous as any of the remaining DT's actually making the team and a meaningful contribution.

They also want Phillips to up his snap count from 622 to ? Suh had 973. With any luck the offense will help cut all of those snaps down.

Back
Top Bottom