How the Miami Dolphins Won the Ryan-Crowder Battle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How the Miami Dolphins Won the Ryan-Crowder Battle

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Are the Jets proud of this guy or wondering why the hell they hired him?
Channing Crowder, who gets paid to beat the heck out of guys, out-witted and out-smarted an NFL coach.

Crowder also decided to be the bigger man and end this little feud.
That is just one aspect of how the Dolphins won this battle.

The other aspect is that members of the Dolphins front office refused to get involved, whereas members of the Jets front office were in the middle of it.

So who looks more respectable? The Dolphins or the Jets?

I think it is obvious, but you tell me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199075-how-the-miami-dolphins-won-the-ryan-crowder-battle

What's great is I hate the Jets even more now. Before it was rivalry hate, but now I truly want to punch their head coach in the face, tell him how ugly and stupid he is, and take away his Krispy Kreme for life priveleges that he won when he was 10 years old.

Oh, and let him know of each of the middle linebackers in the league, because even I can name all of them. How sad.

Well...it wasn't exactly Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy getting into it about Peyton Manning and Tom Brady....but I'm sure Parcells got a big laugh out of it...

Rex Ryan looks like the fat guy in the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. Not Larry the Cable Guy, the guy from Texas.
Rex Ryan looked like a complete moron throughout this whole thing.

Well for me it couldn't make me hate the jets any more. It really doesn't matter what they say we will decide it on the field. Before last year they had been kicking us around pretty good and last year we just split so we need to put up some "W"s vs them before we start running our mouths. They have our number more than any team in the division. They are the only team in the division that has an overall winning record vs us and I would really like to see that changed asap.

I felt from the beginning the only way Ryan comes out okay on this is that the team wins the division at least. If you talk big you better back it up. Rookie coach, maybe rookie QB? It's going to be a challenging year for the Jests. The players may like their coach talking smack in OTAs, but the NY media is brutal and will turn on him if they fail and leave Ryan a bloody stump.

I don't think Ryan knows any other way to coach. He is Buddy's son. Talking smack is in the blood.

As soon as Ryan first opened his mouth about all this he lost BIG time. Coaches just don't do that, he looks like a fool. The way the Fins handled it was the correct way to do it. Do your talking on the field... not behind a microphone.......

The bleacher report is written by fans of teams. Please don't try to pretend that is anything other than a biased fan posting his thoughts.

The bleacher report is written by fans of teams. Please don't try to pretend that is anything other than a biased fan posting his thoughts.

That may be true, but the whole fight really puts the new Jets coaching staff in a bad light, more than a player reacting to his comments. If the jets start losing, the ny media will use these little fights before the season started against him.

That may be true, but the whole fight really puts the new Jets coaching staff in a bad light, more than a player reacting to his comments. If the jets start losing, the ny media will use these little fights before the season started against him.

His team is going to have to win games no doubt about it but let's not forget he didn't pick this "fight" w/ Crowder and he was smiling and laughing at all the PCs just having fun w/ it.

His team is going to have to win games no doubt about it but let's not forget he didn't pick this "fight" w/ Crowder and he was smiling and laughing at all the PCs just having fun w/ it.

C'mon junc....you know those smiles turn real quick when the wins don't come in.

C'mon junc....you know those smiles turn real quick when the wins don't come in.

No question, he will be a God if the team wins and run out of town if they don't. Depsite his talk I think realistically this is a 6-7 win team unless the QB plays better than we expect.

And even if this wasn't just a fan of other teams and it was a guy like Vinnie Iyer or Dan Patrick, who would give a damn about "who won" between Crowder and Ryan?

There is no winner. It's just all in good fun

As long as we win on the field I could care less who wins the war of words.

Junc I appreciate your objectivity, as a Fins fan I was very hopeful when Saban, Cam were brought in, neither had NFL HC experience and you saw what happened.
For the Jets coach to be mouthing off about the Pats and their rings and of course Crowder makes him look a bit like TO.
Now the off season is very boring and the AFC East is very secretive so I don't mind being entertained, thank you Rex see you in September.
I agree with your assessment of seven wins for the Jets, although the hype is, they could win it all.

Back
Top Bottom