How to draft! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to draft!

Your thread should be titled "How to Draft IF you agree with normanii's talent evaluation of the 2014 NFL draft"........because many actual evaluators with actual experience don't agree with you....nor do I.

There are 4 offensive tackles that are worthy of pick 19 by most experienced talent evaluators which would fill our biggest position of need. WR would be a luxury pick and not filling any hole. If and only if one these 4 tackles is not present at pick 19 should we consider another position.

I believe we will either have a shot at Zack Martin, and if not Mosely, Shazier, Pryor will probably be there.

I would also be fine with drafting the best guard in the draft in Xavier sua Filo who you can plug right in for the next 10 years.

Using your philosophy we could end up with another porous O-line in 2014 and another 50+ sack season for Ryan Tannehill which he might not survive this time.
Give me XSF and the best available tackle in the second round, and our o line is set for the next 5 years. 3 rd-7th rounds take BPA, and this will be a solid draft!!!!!!!!

I'm impressed by your thoroughness normanii. Appreciate your explanation.
A couple of basic questions for you:
(1) Why not draft the best O-lineman available at #19 - Zach Martin or Xavier Su'a-Filo. Either can help make a big difference. XSF looks a very likely stud - also high character, future team leader. Very safe pick.
(2) The WR who impresses the hell out of me is Allen Robinson. At 6'2" 225 lbs and excellent hands, great route runner - he seems to offer a lot bigger size than Odell Beckham, Marquise Lee and Brandin Cooks (all fast and pretty small). He played well for Penn State without a great QB. Why don't you consider him in the mix of the top level WRs? I think that he's predicted to go in 2nd round.

Hackenberg looks more impressive than Luck after their freshman seasons..

I really think Christian Hackenberg is going to be the best QB prospect in a long, long time. 6'4 with above average athleticism, absolute cannon for an arm, but what's most impressive is his footwork. He has "quiet feet" on his drops. The more you have going on with your feet, the less accurate of a passer you will be. He is extremely smooth in that department for an 18 year old true frosh. I would argue that his footwork was cleaner than anyone in college football last year.. just wait till he gets 2 more years.. arm is only going to get stronger

I really think Christian Hackenberg is going to be the best QB prospect in a long, long time. 6'4 with above average athleticism, absolute cannon for an arm, but what's most impressive is his footwork. He has "quiet feet" on his drops. The more you have going on with your feet, the less accurate of a passer you will be. He is extremely smooth in that department for an 18 year old true frosh. I would argue that his footwork was cleaner than anyone in college football last year.. just wait till he gets 2 more years.. arm is only going to get stronger
I respect your opinion, you probably watch a lot more Penn State games than me. However, I'm really interested in your thoughts re Allen Robinson, the WR? How good is he? Because he is bigger and more physical than any WR that we currently have on the roster, he appeals a lot. Welcome your thoughts..

I think too many fans get caught up in draft grades...a 96 versus 95....this about building a team not winning a draft guru contest.

If a 95 at a position of great need is there versus a 96 at a position of depth...you take the 95.

I respect your opinion, you probably watch a lot more Penn State games than me. However, I'm really interested in your thoughts re Allen Robinson, the WR? How good is he? Because he is bigger and more physical than any WR that we currently have on the roster, he appeals a lot. Welcome your thoughts..

Allen Robinson > Kelvin Benjamin.. 19 is too high but I have him in that early 2nd range.. Pull the trigger if he makes it to 50 no doubt.. Miami needs that big bodied receiver to win those 50/50 balls.. He's also very skilled after the catch..

I think too many fans get caught up in draft grades...a 96 versus 95....this about building a team not winning a draft guru contest.

If a 95 at a position of great need is there versus a 96 at a position of depth...you take the 95.

Another key thing to look at is positional value.. Safety is the most scarce position in the league.. a 4-3 Will is also very scarce.. So I think if you have guys equally graded, you have to go with the rare position.. They're are at least 10-12 "Franchise" left tackles.. But the only "franchise" free safeties are Byrd, Earl, McCourty, and Weddle.. So I would have guys like Calvin Pryor, Ha Ha, and Shazier pretty high on my board..

Back
Top Bottom