How would you react if Jeff Ireland were fired? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would you react if Jeff Ireland were fired?

Ok, I agree that Ireland is not the only person responsible for the problems we've had for the last 20 years. We've drafted bad now for a long time. Even Shula had some horrible drafts back in the 80's. I get that. But are you saying that because it's not all his fault we should keep him? I totaly agree that the next guy that comes along(and there will be a next guy at some point)may not do any better. We actually don't know how good or bad the new guy might do but we do know that Ireland has done a poor job at assembling talent. His philosophy has not worked so why not try someone else? Like I said, the new guy might not do better but then again he might do better. With Ireland, his track recorf tell us he won't do any better than what he's done now which is 4 losing seasons in a row.

p.s. I'm not trying to fight your point of view but I just want to know what your reasoning is to want to keep him, other than not everything is his fault?

Ozzy rules!!

No lol.

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is, people are only concerned with firing Ireland because they think he's the root of all evil. I'm not saying that Ireland is doing a fantastic job nor am I really commenting on the job he has done here, but there are other problems with this team that isn't necessarily Ireland's fault. Getting rid of Ireland isn't going to solve all of our problems. Getting rid of Ireland may not solve ANY of our problems if the guy that we replace him with isn't any better. People aren't thinking big picture here. All they want is to fire Ireland so that they can post a lot of exclamation points. But who do we hire when we fire Ireland? That's big picture thinking.

Personally, I do think we keep him. I'm not saying that I think he's done a good enough job to warrant keeping him. If Ross made this my decision, I would probably get rid of him. But I just don't think they get rid of him at the end of the season. I believe he has one more year.

I'b be stoked if only because it would stop the Fire Jeff Ireland threads

"Who's going to be our next scapegoat if the Miami Dolphins go on a two game losing streak?" :ponder:

How would you react?

My reaction would depend on who would replace him. Someone worse than Ireland, although I can't think who that might be, could take over the GM spot. What a dreadful thought.

I would feel shock, a good shock, if Ross finally showed some balls and fired the dude. Heck, that would be Headline news: Ross Has Balls would be the header on the cover of the Herald. Sadly, I don't think Ross will give Ireland the boot anytime soon though.

My only hope, if we kept him on the pay roll, is that Ireland does an about-face come April. If not of course, Ross will grow a pair and finally show him the door!

It's a waste, but you open and post in every single one of these threads. Lol

I am an Admin, my job is to open every thread and make sure the TOS is being followed. Me posting in them is me expressing my opinion and helping others out with facts.

Let me ask you a yes or no question Dolphins7273, will Jeff Ireland be the GM for the Dolphins in 2013?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ireland is a problem and not a means to success. He needs to go. Does that mean I have confidence we'll bring in someone who is a solution? Not really. I'd love to see some competency from someone in the organization.

No lol.

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is, people are only concerned with firing Ireland because they think he's the root of all evil. I'm not saying that Ireland is doing a fantastic job nor am I really commenting on the job he has done here, but there are other problems with this team that isn't necessarily Ireland's fault. Getting rid of Ireland isn't going to solve all of our problems. Getting rid of Ireland may not solve ANY of our problems if the guy that we replace him with isn't any better. People aren't thinking big picture here. All they want is to fire Ireland so that they can post a lot of exclamation points. But who do we hire when we fire Ireland? That's big picture thinking.

Personally, I do think we keep him. I'm not saying that I think he's done a good enough job to warrant keeping him. If Ross made this my decision, I would probably get rid of him. But I just don't think they get rid of him at the end of the season. I believe he has one more year.

I think this is a mischaracterization.

How would you react?

Me?

View attachment 9544

superhappymen-1.gif

"Who's going to be our next scapegoat if the Miami Dolphins go on a two game losing streak?" :ponder:
Maybe I am missing something but are you trying to equate Ireland's tenure as the equivalent of a two game losing streak? We are on a 4 year losing streak with him.

One man being fired is only as good as the next man getting his job.

That's the problem with this fan base.

They identify one man as the sole reason of an entire organization's problems rather than actually finding the real problems with this organization.

I'm not saying Jeff Ireland is innocent, but if we fired him today all we're concerned with around here is acting like it's Mardi Gras in our living rooms.

Who replaces Ireland? Because if Ireland is the genesis of all problems, then we must know that we're going to have to find ONE man who can step in and correct all of those problems, correct?

Exactly, who cares who isn't here. The question is how will we feel about who is here, which is likely Ireland anyway.

Back
Top Bottom