Huff to the Astros is Close! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huff to the Astros is Close!

MikeO said:
a lot of teams will try and pick him up. He is a decent hitter.

I think the fact their manager is a moron and doens't play the same guys everyday really has hurt that bunch. Some guys need stabliity in their everyday routine to produce. Lane is one of them most likely.

Im not sure Houston will give up on him so fast either, they might call him back up soon.

He is probably one of the worst, if not the worst manager in baseball.

I was very surprised the Astros dumped Lane to their minor leagues when they had other guys on the team most deserving of getting dumped (Joe McEwing, who actually was just demoted, and Mike Lamb).

I think the Astros could trade Lane if the price is right, however Huff is a FA after the year and might be resign with Houston so maybe hanging on to him wouldn't be a bad idea.

Houston made this trade with the notion of keeping Huff. They aren't in a "rent-a-player" situation

I also think Clemens has a lot to do with this.

Hey Roger, will you sign with us again. yeah, if you add some players so we can win!

good pick up with Houston, but as of this year, I still don't think they will make the playoffs.

Its a nice move by Houston. Any fantasy baseballer knows July August and September are the only months during which Huff is ever truly useful. He takes half a season to heat up so the fact that he was injured part of the 1st half really has no bearing whatsoever on his stats. he was hitting below the mendoza line until july anyway.

MikeO said:
Cause the team stinks!:shakeno:

as a devil ray fans, thats just incorrect.

BUT. MikeO is 100% correct. Huff is a big time hitter, not matter what you think. His first few months were an absolute FLUKE, and the past 2 months are facts to back it up.

IMO bad trade for Rays because of who we got in return. Huff is a beast. I think his 2nd half #s will look like this..

.320/380/.550 15 HRs 50-60 RBIs

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I also think Clemens has a lot to do with this.

Hey Roger, will you sign with us again. yeah, if you add some players so we can win!

I don't. I think this is Roger's final year. He isn't the same player and this half of year stuff I think hurts that club (or any club). I think he is on his farewell tour now.

Nappy Roots said:
as a devil ray fans, thats just incorrect.

BUT. MikeO is 100% correct. Huff is a big time hitter, not matter what you think. His first few months were an absolute FLUKE, and the past 2 months are facts to back it up.

IMO bad trade for Rays because of who we got in return. Huff is a beast. I think his 2nd half #s will look like this..

.320/380/.550 15 HRs 50-60 RBIs

I agree I think the Rays got a bad deal for Huff. Surely they could have gotten a better deal one would think.

I think you will start to see a flurry of trades now. Some names to watch out for going places. Andruw Jones, Willis, Greg Maddox, Kip Wells, L. Hernandez to name a few.

Reports are the Braves have been throwing A. Jones name around to see what they can get.

breaking news now says Ben Zobrist the SS is going to be going to Durham. UT OH!

what does this say for BJ Upton? position change? trade? maybe Lugo trade and call up? maybe position change for Zobrist?

veeeeeeeeeeeerrrry interesting whats going to happen now

whoa, that's huge NR....the best move would be to bring up upton, put him at 3rd, put BenZo at 2nd in AAA, then bring 'em up next year, and give lugo a long contract! :yes:

MikeO said:
You guys are amazing. Huff is a 30 hr and 100RBI guy. His numbers are so low because he was injured and doens't get consistent playing time in TB since they want to play their kids and guys who will be around in the future.

Huff is a stud!
I've seen Huff play multiple times; if he stayed healthy for the last 2-3 years then there isn't a doubt in my mind he's at least a top 30 player -- including pitchers. Don't let stats fool you, Damon Hollins and Toby Hall have been the ones protecting him. Now he's going to a lineup that has Berkman, serviceable veterans in Preston Wilson and Craig Biggio, and also ROY Tavarez.

He'll be sure to get some well deserved media attention with the Astros make their playoff push.

Nappy Roots said:
breaking news now says Ben Zobrist the SS is going to be going to Durham. UT OH!

what does this say for BJ Upton? position change? trade? maybe Lugo trade and call up? maybe position change for Zobrist?

veeeeeeeeeeeerrrry interesting whats going to happen now

Upton has been awful defensively at SS. The Rays, as I'm sure you know have been trying to get him to change positions to either 3rd or OF. However you might see Upton being called up soon to show what he can do at SS to either showcase him for teams or to see if he could handle SS, as Lugo is likely to be traded in the next 19 days.

Back
Top Bottom