Hyde: Fangio was critical of the offense | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Fangio was critical of the offense

So the offense gave up 14 points with 4 minutes to go during the Titans game? Sounds like some Flores excuse BS to me.
You’re not working but the offense sucked in the Titans game. They did nothing without short fields and Seiler scored one of the TD’s. Defense blew the game but they also setup practically every point we got.

You’re not working but the offense sucked in the Titans game. They did nothing without short fields and Seiler scored one of the TD’s. Defense blew the game but they also setup practically every point we got.
Everyone seems to look past this. And had the O just gotten a 1D on one of its last 2 possessions we win. But went 3 and out 2x and then lost on a 4th down sack. Pathetic.

That's probably accurate but I wonder how much of him pushing players in practice created injuries. There's really nothing more important than keeping guys healthy.

We can’t edit anymore lol. I meant to say you’re not WRONG.

You guys are giving this credence by talking about him over and over again
Move on, he’s gone and we have a new DC
Fangio is a good coach and will have success again. But he’s right, McD runs a very loose ship and I don’t care how much you wanna relate to the players he’s got to tighten it up a bit starting with his offense which is a sloppy mess most times when pressure is on them

It was not good in ANY game in 2H and worse in 4Q. Yeah, any criticism deserved.
Miami lost every TOP against 'good' teams except the KC regular season. Yes, some of that is on the D, but it also means the O didn't sustain many drives.
None of the above absolves VF. I'd love an explanation for the D's (lack of) performance beginning 4Q of TENN. It's as if he let a grandson call plays. Anyone in FH could have done better
please GW don't encourage the "lost" GM's

Necessary but not sufficient. Lots of things in the world function in that manner. For example one has to be a woman to have a baby -- i.e., being a woman is necessary for childbirth -- but being a woman isn't sufficient for having a baby -- there are more pieces of the puzzle involved than just being a woman.

I'm not saying I believe in the "South Beach partying" idea here, however. Only pointing out something about logic.
If the team went out and partied after all those speeches by McDaniel maybe the team should be broken up.

Fangio wasn’t shy about stating that the offense didn’t carry its weight at the end of the season as the coaching staff heard over and over again.

Fu$k fangio… dude takes the gig to become the highest paid defensive coach in the league, and subsequently creates a grade school girls soap opera… should be a clause in coaches contracts that if you’re a whiney bit$h, and don’t work collaboratively for the better of the team, you don’t get paid- he set us back a year in player development, and scheme because of his ego, and bullsh1t mind games… cut from the same clothe as that ****er Flores…

I agree. First half of the season new coordinator new scheme you expect a learning curve at least but by the last half of the season the offense was sliding backward and the defense was playing statisticaly top 10 in the league. The last Bills game was a complete failure on Special teams first and then the offense. That was the biggest game this year we win the AFC east possibly win a home playoff game "all" the fans and the team would be on the bandwagon for next year. Now next year is full of questions, ST Crossman still on staff, McDaniel can he make halftime adjustments, how many of our quality starters are going to move on because of cap issues, can Grier draft any starters after missing out the past 2 ( outside of McDaniels Achane pick) years and a new green defensive coordinator. Hum lots and lots of questions.

Back
Top Bottom