Hyde: Fangio was critical of the offense | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Fangio was critical of the offense

the Eagles might be the only team that collapsed harder than Miami

Yeah, I think they officially took our spot as worst collapse ever (1993 From 9-2 to 9-7)

At 10-1 they looked unbeatable. Then the wheels came off even worse than in 93.

Grumpy old man did not carry his part of what was expected of him, so blame the Offense.

--The Offense scored under 20 points 4 times.

The Defense allowed more then 20 points 10 times.

--The Offense scored over 20 points 13 times.

The Defense allowed less then 20 points 7 times.

--The Offense scored in the 30s 5 times.

The Defense allowed teams to score in the 30s 2 times.

--The offense scored over 40 points 3 times.

The Defense allowed over 40 points 2 times.

An offense to be somewhat successful needs to score at least 20 points, Miami's offense did that 13 times.

A Defense needs to stop an opponent from scoring 20 points, Miami's defense only did that 7 times.

Seems Miami top 2 ranked Offense also did much better then Miami 15 to 20th ranked Defense.

Let Fangio's "My way or the Highway" failed grumpy old man Defense go to Philly, and let Miami start over with hopefully better and more consistent results.

Grumpy old man did not carry his part of what was expected of him, so blame the Offense.

--The Offense scored under 20 points 4 times.

The Defense allowed more then 20 points 10 times.

--The Offense scored over 20 points 13 times.

The Defense allowed less then 20 points 7 times.

--The Offense scored in the 30s 5 times.

The Defense allowed teams to score in the 30s 2 times.

--The offense scored over 40 points 3 times.

The Defense allowed over 40 points 2 times.

An offense to be somewhat successful needs to score at least 20 points, Miami's offense did that 13 times.

A Defense needs to stop an opponent from scoring 20 points, Miami's defense only did that 7 times.

Seems Miami top 2 ranked Offense also did much better then Miami 15 to 20th ranked Defense.

Let Fangio's "My way or the Highway" failed grumpy old man Defense go to Philly, and let Miami start over with hopefully better and more consistent results.

help me out. I see a D that allowed more than 20 pts 8 times. And for comparison, the mighty Chiefs scored less than 20 8 times. Are you counting total pts and not subtracting pts of the opposing D's scores? I also see a D that held the opposing team to below their average 10 times. In the last 8 games, Miami's high powered O scored 22.5ppg.
Don't get me wrong. When VF checked out, the D imploded. No pass rush hurt in the 'big' games. And it seems there were assignment mistakes even late in season. I'll shed no tears for his departure, but NOT blaming the O is too narrow

help me out. I see a D that allowed more than 20 pts 8 times. And for comparison, the mighty Chiefs scored less than 20 8 times. Are you counting total pts and not subtracting pts of the opposing D's scores? I also see a D that held the opposing team to below their average 10 times. In the last 8 games, Miami's high powered O scored 22.5ppg.
Don't get me wrong. When VF checked out, the D imploded. No pass rush hurt in the 'big' games. And it seems there were assignment mistakes even late in season. I'll shed no tears for his departure, but NOT blaming the O is too narrow

I am counting total points in each game on Offense and on Defense to prove that Fangio should just move on quietly because with him at the helm, the Defense was not exactly overpowering...You know, Fang should not be throwing those stones in that glass house he lives in.

He probably should’ve been a little more critical on his side of the ball…..

Fangio ain’t wrong! The offense did suck the last month of the season!
Offense sucked a lot more than just the last couple weeks. 20 points at Buffalo, 10 points at Philly, 14 points against Chiefs in Germany, 20 against the Raiders and Titans, 22 against Cowboys, 19 Ravens, 14 Bills. This team only really looked good against what turned out to be the worst teams in the league. Great nice day against the Chargers, epic day against the Broncos, way to pound the Giants and Panthers. Beat the QB-less Jets and Pats down. Anyone with a pulse though didn't have much issue shutting Tua/Tyreek and this offense down at all.

Unfortunately we were just a mediocre offense, the glitz and glamour of our couple good outings, that and Tyreek's general brilliance, just fooled everyone into thinking we were the greatest show on turf or something. Pretty laughable now but folks legit thought we were on that level for a little bit. I certainly don't recall those Rams struggling to get to 20 points in half their games. Frankly our offense was offensive much of the time outside of the first scripted drive or two. Only scoring 7 or 14 points in your most important games is what Miami teams have been doing for decades. Had expected a lot better out of this squad in the all important year 2 under new coach/system given a healthy QB and the skill "talent" we had.

Hey p, I keep tellin ya'll it is the curse, nobody has had the sense to try to appease the spirits. Now, there are no Tequesta left, but maybe the team can get the Seminole or Miccosukee medicine man to help out. By the way the stuff Vaark and I have only works with dead white guys, so no joy here.

The Ever Lovin Sick Week VIPER
The Seminole doesn't exist anymore

Maybe 70 left like the Bannock

They should curse Andrew Jackson's descendants instead of the Miami Dolphins

Can't read the article but many times the offense did fall short especially considering how special they could have been, already showing the capability of putting up 70 against what later on in the season turned out to be a capable team.

Does that absolve Fangio from his responsibilities? The Titans made him look like a clown & he's just another body buried in Josh Allen's graveyard.

There's a lot of blame to go around in this franchise from Grier to the curse to McDaniel to the windows to the walls- and none of it is wrong.

Can't read the article but many times the offense did fall short especially considering how special they could have been, already showing the capability of putting up 70 against what later on in the season turned out to be a capable team.

Does that absolve Fangio from his responsibilities? The Titans made him look like a clown & he's just another body buried in Josh Allen's graveyard.

There's a lot of blame to go around in this franchise from Grier to the curse to McDaniel to the windows to the walls- and none of it is wrong.
The Ravens game dug his grave making Lamar Jackson look like Dan Marino or Tom Brady

The last two years before we made Lamar look worse than bad and then along came Fangio with his line up 1o yards past the line of scrimmage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom