Hyde: Fangio was critical of the offense | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Fangio was critical of the offense

Yes, someone please cut-and-paste the Hyde article. If the Miami Herald + Sun Sentinel were reasonable per mo., I would subscribe. I used to like reading them years back, Armando and Omar articles were usually good. Now I read the Palm Beach Post, Joe Schaad is not too bad. Can get a couple articles read before cookies shut you down. Pretty much always can use my phone (data) and read at least one Miami Herald article too.

Yes, someone please cut-and-paste the Hyde article. If the Miami Herald + Sun Sentinel were reasonable per mo., I would subscribe. I used to like reading them years back, Armando and Omar articles were usually good. Now I read the Palm Beach Post, Joe Schaad is not too bad. Can get a couple articles read before cookies shut you down. Pretty much always can use my phone (data) and read at least one Miami Herald article too.
Meant to add I have always liked Barry Jackson articles in the Mia Herald too.

Vic was correct even with numerous guys out on defense they played well except for the last 4 minutes of the Titans game where also on 2 positions our offense could not make a first down. The last game against the Bills at home the offense scored 2 tds the ST Crossman still hired gave up the 3rd to. Nope just because Vic is gone no use bashing him about the truth.

Vic was correct even with numerous guys out on defense they played well except for the last 4 minutes of the Titans game where also on 2 positions our offense could not make a first down. The last game against the Bills at home the offense scored 2 tds the ST Crossman still hired gave up the 3rd to. Nope just because Vic is gone no use bashing him about the truth.

This isn’t even close to accurate. First, let’s not understate just how much the Titan loss was on Vic, and just how damaging the loss was. Even if the rest of the regular season played out EXACTLY the same way, if Miami doesn’t gack up the lead to Tennessee, they finish as the AFC East Champs, the 2 seed, and would have been hosting an awful Pittsburg team in Round 1.

I also put more of the blame of the Baltimore fiasco on Vic and the Defense. If we go back and look at that game, Miami and the offense actually came out swinging and it was a dog fight after 1 qtr. Tyreke dropping a for sure TD, and the defense giving up huge play after huge play is what got that game out of hand and fast. McD certainly isn’t without blame for that loss, but I’m not sure what more the offense was supposed to do when the defense is literally giving up career days to Lamar and several other Baltimore offensive players. Sure, McD and Tua started pressing but I’m not sure you can blame them when it was more than obvious we wouldn’t be getting any defensive stops.

Maybe more importantly, I don’t remember McD, Tua, or anybody else on offense chucking Fangio’s D under the bus with backbiting. Fangio was petty, not as good as advertised, and was obviously in Miami for a 1 year paycheck. A hallmark of great teams is sometimes an offense or a defense isn’t having a great day, so the other side picks up the slack and gets the job done. It’s a concept that still seems to evade Fangio even with all his years of experience. I hope he enjoys next season in Philly, coaching under an HC that just got finished making his previous coaching staff sacrificial lambs in an attempt to save his own ass.

I’m happy Vic’s gone, I’m happy with his replacement, and I hope there’s a time in the not too distant future where we’re not even discussing the crotchety old prick. Sending him on his way was a win-win for all parties.

I get the frustration because I’m not about to subscribe to something to read an article but Barry is indeed the best for years

But anyways you cannot post an entire article on the site. Only snippets

Reasons why Vic Fangio sucks

1) doesn’t watch tape on his players when he accepts job.

2) was out of work last year

3) try to make Gink a Mike backer

4) exclusively played Ramsey out on the boundary with nowhere to roam

5) coached from a skybox

6) didn’t give a **** about his players

7) didn’t want to be a Miami dolphin

8) left as soon as he had an opp

9) got historically embarrassed not one but twice during one season.

10) literally didn’t know how to devise a game plan against the running Qb

Shall I continue, screw that asswipe

The defense gave up 400+ yards in four of the last six games the Fins played. For the season, they were break but don't bend...10th in yards given up, 22nd in points given up.

No offense, but the offense scored 21 points against the Titans. Yes the offense played poorly. Benefitted from short fields.

But the offense scored 2 late TDS rather then FGS.

The offense delivered for the defense.

The defense then gives up 15 points in 3 minutes.

Yes, you can just blame the defense.

A 14 pt lead, with less then 4 minutes to play. There is 0 reason the offense should need to get a 1st down or eat up clock IMO.

I mean there's a reason Miami became the first team out of 767 games where a team up by 14 with less then 3 minutes to play ended up losing

But to each their own. I know we all have deferring opinions on this
This makes no sense.

The defense delivered for the offense, a defensive TD and a turnover for a very short field TD.

No you can’t just blame the defense when the offense only musters 13 points on their own and fails to put the game away late.

There are zero reasons the offense should have to get a first down? How about for starters it would have won the F’ing game! And division!

Defense screwed the pooch too but don’t be blind here. Chubb and the last 4 minutes were terrible but they essentially scored more points than our offense.

Total team meltdown but this performance by the offense sucked and they sucked a lot of other games too they were lucky our D even kept close.

Our defense ranked 22nd giving up points .. they wernt any good and Fangio was fired because he wasn't any good

This isn’t even close to accurate. First, let’s not understate just how much the Titan loss was on Vic, and just how damaging the loss was. Even if the rest of the regular season played out EXACTLY the same way, if Miami doesn’t gack up the lead to Tennessee, they finish as the AFC East Champs, the 2 seed, and would have been hosting an awful Pittsburg team in Round 1.

I also put more of the blame of the Baltimore fiasco on Vic and the Defense. If we go back and look at that game, Miami and the offense actually came out swinging and it was a dog fight after 1 qtr. Tyreke dropping a for sure TD, and the defense giving up huge play after huge play is what got that game out of hand and fast. McD certainly isn’t without blame for that loss, but I’m not sure what more the offense was supposed to do when the defense is literally giving up career days to Lamar and several other Baltimore offensive players. Sure, McD and Tua started pressing but I’m not sure you can blame them when it was more than obvious we wouldn’t be getting any defensive stops.

Maybe more importantly, I don’t remember McD, Tua, or anybody else on offense chucking Fangio’s D under the bus with backbiting. Fangio was petty, not as good as advertised, and was obviously in Miami for a 1 year paycheck. A hallmark of great teams is sometimes an offense or a defense isn’t having a great day, so the other side picks up the slack and gets the job done. It’s a concept that still seems to evade Fangio even with all his years of experience. I hope he enjoys next season in Philly, coaching under an HC that just got finished making his previous coaching staff sacrificial lambs in an attempt to save his own ass.

I’m happy Vic’s gone, I’m happy with his replacement, and I hope there’s a time in the not too distant future where we’re not even discussing the crotchety old prick. Sending him on his way was a win-win for all parties.
You should be thanking Vic for keeping this team in games as it crumbled down the stretch and early too if playing a decent team. It’s not often a team can lose multiple games the defense scores a TD but we pulled it off. It’s not often teams hold KC to 14 points and none in the second half. Still not enough for our offense to actually pull out a win though.

Thanks for the 10 points at Philly offense, thanks for the 14 at home against Buffalo with the division on the line. Thanks for the inability to put away the Raiders almost losing that game before Vic and Ramsey sealed the deal, thanks for that same inability to close out the Titans.

Offense was fools gold while the D actually turned into a good unit before being decimated by injury but even then it was the better unit on the field in KC in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom